Homebrew an error accured while booting games(all of them)

alaecs

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
hello, I recently tried to install OC suite via the github guide.

after installing everything correctly i am no longer able to open my games, i keep getting the message "The software closed because an error occurred"

so i tried deleting all the files related to the OC suite installation but i keep getting the same problem.

i have the latest version of atmosphere and firmware and also the latest sigpatches.
during the oc suite installation it was required to edit hekate_ipl.ini by adding to the boot entry "kip1=atmosphere/kips/loader.kip".

so I’ve also deleted this line leaving hekate.ipl.ini as it was before when the games worked.

can someone help me?
thank you in advance

Trophies
XP
The latest version of salty is borked? Have you guys tested the FPSLocker fork? Might work, I dunno though
Yes, the last version of SaltyNx 0.7.1 with Switch-OC-Suite 1.9.2, NS Mariko 1.7.0 with atmosphere 1.6.2 cause that any games no boot.

FPSLocker 1.2.6 works fine with SaltyNx 0.6.1 and Switch-OC-Suite 1.9.2 only ReverseNX-RT-ovl.ovl 2.0.0 has not worked for me with that configuration of SaltyNx and Switch-OC-Suite maybe an earlier version will work but I have not tested it so far.
Post automatically merged:

The latest version of salty is borked? Have you guys tested the FPSLocker fork? Might work, I dunno though
ReverseNX is also necessary to get more FPS in some games changing the game mode to handheld

Last edited by Deleted member 555088,

Herculeex

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was having this issue when the new 17.0.0 update first came out. Figured they woulda fixed it by now. You should probably just run edizon and sys-clk and sys-patch in tesla. Tbh the FPSLocker stuff is good, but the dude needs to fix it. It's weird cuz it all has new updates too. Has anyone filed an issue in github? Try that.

BTW I never fixed it myself, and I love salty+FPSLocker+OcSuite. I just decided to be without them a while cuz as you mentioned, my games would crash.

Trophies
XP
I was having this issue when the new 17.0.0 update first came out. Figured they woulda fixed it by now. You should probably just run edizon and sys-clk and sys-patch in tesla. Tbh the FPSLocker stuff is good, but the dude needs to fix it. It's weird cuz it all has new updates too. Has anyone filed an issue in github? Try that.

BTW I never fixed it myself, and I love salty+FPSLocker+OcSuite. I just decided to be without them a while cuz as you mentioned, my games would crash.
As I said try with SaltyNx 0.6.1+FPSLocker last version+OcSuite last version and the games works fine

masagrator

The patches guy
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Your issue was that you had still NX-FPS and ReverseNX-RT plugins installed when SaltyNX 0.7.0 release notes explicitly said to remove them.
Screenshot_2023-12-06-13-00-01-929_com.android.chrome-edit.jpg

Tbh the FPSLocker stuff is good, but the dude needs to fix it.
There is nothing to fix. Issue is on your side.

The last version of the SaltyNX is the problem
Thanks again for spreading bullshit instead of contacting me or writing in SaltyNX thread.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/saltynx-discussion-thread.579051

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto