RELEASE AmiiSwap - Amiibo switcher/manager for Emuiibo

Discussion in 'Switch - Emulation, Homebrew & Software Projects' started by FuryBaguette, May 9, 2019.

1. FuryBaguette
    OP

FuryBaguette Member

Newcomer
    Jan 6, 2019
    France
    Hello everyone, today I'm officialy releasing AmiiSwap. I decided to create this post because it got way more attention that I thought it would. Hope you'll like it.

AmiiSwap

AmiiSwap is a GUI Amiibo Manager homebrew for emulation with emuiibo.

How to use:
    • Download and setup emuiibo on your switch. Once all your bin files have been placed in the emuiibo folder and that you rebooted your console, you should see that they have been replaced with folders of the same name and files inside (including the amiibo.bin file), keep that in mind.
    • Download AmiiSwap and place the switch folder inside the zip file at the root of your sd card.
    • The folder at sdmc:/switch/AmiiSwap contains a settings.txt file, it's an example file and you need to edit it to fit your amiibos and needs. There's a section below explaining how to set it up.
    • Launch AmiiSwap, select a game/category you created in the settings file -> select the amiibo you want -> press A -> Confirm
    • Launch your game, do the emuiibo combo to emulate the amiibo when needed
    • Enjoy
    You can change amiibos whenever you want by just going back into AmiiSwap and selecting another amiibo.

How to setup the settings file:
    The settings.txt should be place in sdmc/switch/AmiiSwap, the format is really simple.
    This file allows you to "create" categories of amiibos, you can choose to organize them by anything (game name, category ect.). For the sake of this guide we'll use game names to organize amiibos

Here's an example settings file and emuiibo folder:
    Warning: Spoilers inside!

Your game names should be between brackets: [Super Smash Bros]
    After that, create a new line for each amiibos (with their name) you have and want to put in that game. The amiibo name should be the name of the folders created by emuiibo.
    You can add another game by simply doing these 2 steps again.

Showing amiibo icon inside AmiiSwap:
    Place your icons as amiibo.png inside the corresponding amiibo folders. For the game icon, place it inside the /switch/AmiiSwap folder as game.png.

How to navigate:
    • Use the dpad or the left stick to navigate menus, right stick to navigate faster.
    • Use A to select
    • Use B to go back to the main menu

Discord Server / Support:

You can make an issue on github if you encounter a problem or you can join the discord.
    This discord server is used for all my projects.

Release:

Updates:
    AmiiSwap v0.2
    AmiiSwap v0.1.3
    AmiiSwap v0.1.2
    AmiiSwap v0.1.1
    AmiiSwap v0.1

Screenshots:
    Warning: Spoilers inside!

Credits:
    XorTroll - For emuiibo
    AD2076 - For some dev and ideas on AmiiSwap
    spx01 - His fork of switch-nfp-mitm you can find here. I should also thank averne and ogniK5377. (Fork of fork of fork)
    Subv - For making switch-nfp-mitm

Last edited by FuryBaguette, May 18, 2019 at 12:08 AM
  2. JJTapia19

JJTapia19 I fight for my friends.

May 31, 2015
    Puerto Rico
    This + emuiibo are the first thing I'll try out once open source emunand become available. It looks amazing. Thanks!

Dinomite and FuryBaguette like this.
  3. Jonhy

Jonhy GBAtemp Regular

May 22, 2016
    United States
    Looking good (joker) Baguette!

BlastedGuy9905 and FuryBaguette like this.
  4. wownmnpare

wownmnpare GBAtemp Fan

Jan 9, 2014
    United States
    i'm having an error whenever i open it. I'm using the latest one

5. Jonhy

Jonhy GBAtemp Regular

May 22, 2016
    United States
    Be sure to read the readme. The default configuration will crash because you likely don't have the amiibos Fury does.

----

Also Fury, and plan in the future to add game-specific icons rather than one single icon? So maybe something like an icon subfolder and that amiiswap checks to see if there's an image that shares the same name as a catagory/game (as in your example "[Mario Kart 8]" and Mario Kart 8.png)

Just spit balling here. Other than that, really good stuff.

wownmnpare likes this.
  6. FuryBaguette
    OP

FuryBaguette Member

Newcomer
    Jan 6, 2019
    France
    Yes this is planned. And thanks!

Jonhy and wownmnpare like this.
  7. wownmnpare

wownmnpare GBAtemp Fan

Jan 9, 2014
    United States
    Looks like i forgot to write something and put settings.txt on my switch. It's now working. Thank for making this btw.

FuryBaguette likes this.
  8. naddel81

naddel81 GBAtemp Addict

Dec 14, 2009
    United States
    Because I did not want to create a game/amiibo index, I put all the amiibos into [ALL]. Scrolling is a real pain now because it does not keep scrolling when a button is pressed. Can you implement that, please?

Would be very convenient for many amiibos.

9. FuryBaguette
    OP

FuryBaguette Member

Newcomer
    Jan 6, 2019
    France
    You can use the right stick to scroll like that. In the next update the menu navigation will be changed

naddel81 likes this.
  10. Jonhy

Jonhy GBAtemp Regular

May 22, 2016
    United States
    Hey Fury, I was playing with Amiiswap and I noticed for that, opening the last category in amiiswap will always crash to an atmosphere blue screen. I thought I was setting up my Pokken section improperly (previously my last section) but I added one more section called [Atmosphere Crash] (with no amiibo under it) to my settings.txt and then my Pokken Tournament section started working, and the [Atmosphere Crash] section was, well, crashing.

11. KiiWii

KiiWii Contributor

pip Contributor
    Nov 17, 2008
    United Kingdom
    Absolutely awesome!

naddel81 likes this.
  12. AD2076

AD2076 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 19, 2019
    Italy
    Do you have an empty line at the end of file?

13. deurk

deurk Member

Newcomer
    Feb 14, 2017
    France
    If you only set one category, that does not happen.

Is there any compilation somewhere of all the pictures or should I start working on one?

14. Mephijin

Mephijin Newbie

Newcomer
    May 11, 2019
    Russia
    AmiiSwap will crash if amiibo name starts from "(". Like (SSB) Zelda.

Last edited by Mephijin, May 11, 2019
  15. Jonhy

Jonhy GBAtemp Regular

May 22, 2016
    United States
    Both with and without an empty line will crash.

EDIT: Okay, I'm not sure what the issue is but set my Smash Bros directory (which is also the longest group) to the last category in the settings.txt, and now none of my other sections crash.

16. JustQin

JustQin Newbie

Newcomer
    May 11, 2019
    China
    i think this version is bad,it used very difficult furthermore i am a programmer,the amiibo file managed very complex,i suggest one game one directory,the others as this version
    for example ,all botw related in botw dir,all odyssey related in odyssey dir, the dir name can use the string between brackets int setting file

17. AD2076

AD2076 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 19, 2019
    Italy
    Pull Requests are always welcome :)

Last edited by AD2076, May 11, 2019
    deurk likes this.
  18. FuryBaguette
    OP

FuryBaguette Member

Newcomer
    Jan 6, 2019
    France
    It's not going to be like that or emuiibo would stop working, this is why the settings files is necessary. An update is coming with a settings/amiibo manager directly inside AmiiSwap, there will be no need to set it up by hand

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

I'm not sure what's happening, could you make an issue on github explaining this in details?

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

It has to be an alpha numeric value for it to work, so no parenthesis. I think I'll remove this check for next version

deurk likes this.
  19. cucholix

cucholix Banners guy

Jan 17, 2017
    Chile
    Doesn’t seem to work in Resident Evil Revelations 2 :(

What I did: hold down R stick + pressing D-pad up to enable emuiibo during loading screen the Home button blinks once, then enter to options select amiibo hold R Stick + D-pad right, light blinks once, but nothing happens

20. FuryBaguette
    OP

FuryBaguette Member

Newcomer
    Jan 6, 2019
    France
    That's a emuiibo issue. Maybe using the dpad up combo in HOS will make it work, you need to do this for some games like BOTW