gov78

Ha made you Look
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
are there any Amiga emulators for the DS. im not sure if there diffrent versions of the amiga i just want to play speedball so if there are diffrent version i would like to know if theres a Amiga emulator for Speedball.

THANKS!
smile.gif

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
According to wikipedia Speedball was also released on the Atari ST, which has been emulated on the DS by STYX DS. A lot of software doubled up between the Amiga and the Atari ST so it might be worth looking at.

berlinka

You have sustained a lethal injury.
Trophies
Website
www.berlinka.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
According to wikipedia Speedball was also released on the Atari ST, which has been emulated on the DS by STYX DS. A lot of software doubled up between the Amiga and the Atari ST so it might be worth looking at.

Cool! Didn't even know that!!

StuKeeler

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Don't expect to see an Amiga emulator on the DS.

The Amiga used a lot of unique, complex chipsets in it's hardware, which now requires a lot of resources to software emulate correctly.

I would think it's nigh on impossible to emulate on the DS.

adgloride

Its A Wii Wario
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
As stukeeler said, the amiga has a lot of custom chipsets. You can get it to run full speed on either an xbox or PC. I'm not sure if the gp2x handheld has a full speed amiga emulator.

SLiV3R

3DS Friend Code: 0473-9069-2206
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
you can forget about a amiga emu on the DS.. the amiga emu on the psp isnt even close to pefection. and you should have in mind that psp has a 100 % full speed PSX, CPS2 and GBA emulator.. so the amiga is very difficult to emulate!

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you can forget about a amiga emu on the DS.. the amiga emu on the psp isnt even close to pefection. and you should have in mind that psp has a 100 % full speed PSX, CPS2 and GBA emulator.. so the amiga is very difficult to emulate!
It is a big shame that we'll probably never get a full speed one, not even home consoles can do it perfectly due to its visual technical gubbins.

A damn shame.

Just wondering, is there a DOS emulator yet? As quite a lot of Amiga games got ported over and just wondered if the DS could possible emulate a 386 VGA PC.

Or am I just dreaming?

Icarus

fire walk with me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I think the Amiga emulator on GP2X is working very well..(I don't own a GP2X so someone should confirm this) It's not that it's hard to emulate, but it would be hard to make the configurations and all

StuKeeler

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Just wondering, is there a DOS emulator yet? As quite a lot of Amiga games got ported over and just wondered if the DS could possible emulate a 386 VGA PC.
AFAIK, a DOS emulator hasn't been fully developed for modern windows PC's yet, even though you would think the architecture should be close enough to make it easy! DOSBox is still being worked on, but I don't think you'll see a DS based version.

Perseid

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

I think the Amiga emulator on GP2X is working very well..(I don't own a GP2X so someone should confirm this) It's not that it's hard to emulate, but it would be hard to make the configurations and all

The GP2X Amiga emulator is probably the best you're going to get on a handheld but the speed is still a bit lacking and their little thumbstick just feels bizarre for Amiga games.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.acepcs.com/products/wizbox-g-mini-pc-amd-r7-7735hs lol wizbox