• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Americans apologize for Trump's hostility toward Canada

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I'm in two minds about this.

Many Americans US citizens hate their president, but the taxation on Canadian imports is at best one of the ticked boxes.

Sure, a couple apologies are heartwarming, but in the end I doubt that many will strongly protest against the economical war.

Oh...but still: happy Canaday...erm: Canada day. :)

Reactions: AngryCinnabon

Viri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No apologies here. I hope your Monopoly money sinks even farther, so next time I go to Canada, things will be even cheaper than last time I went.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
No apologies here. I hope your Monopoly money sinks even farther, so next time I go to Canada, things will be even cheaper than last time I went.
I never understood the hostility US citizens have towards Canadians - every Canadian I've ever met has been a lovely person, and on TV and in movies they're shown as nice people living in an amazing country. What is there to be angry at? Just jealousy maybe?

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I never understood the hostility US citizens have towards Canadians - every Canadian I've ever met has been a lovely person, and on TV and in movies they're shown as nice people living in an amazing country. What is there to be angry at? Just jealousy maybe?
It's not US citizens in general, it's conservatives. They view intelligence as intimidating, so they view Trudeau in much the same manner as they did Obama. They also aren't hampered by worrying about facts, so you'll find plenty of idiots who believe Canada started putting tariffs on us first.

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sorry for anything Trump does. Those are his choices. Things are going great between my Canadian friend and myself. Beyond that, I don't see anything that Trump should apologize for regarding Canada. Anything political is full of a bunch of asshats anyways. Can't sit there and think that Canada's politicians are without their faults.

P.S. Speaking of my Canadian friend, @XFlak just had his third child.

Reactions: Carnelian

AngryCinnabon

Resident Iron Valiant
OP
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Canada
I'm not sorry for anything Trump does. Those are his choices. Things are going great between my Canadian friend and myself. Beyond that, I don't see anything that Trump should apologize for regarding Canada. Anything political is full of a bunch of asshats anyways. Can't sit there and think that Canada's politicians are without their faults.

P.S. Speaking of my Canadian friend, @XFlak just had his third child.

Every politican is an asshat? Now's that's something I can agree with! You've earned a like.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-