Hardware Amazon says 'it will be shipped on 1st march' but nothing changed

S

Saiyan Lusitano

You expected a tiny, unassuming collector's box? Kind of the opposite of what you typically buy a collector's box for. ;)
Nah, about the size of Twilight Princess' LE European box.

Justin20020

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Have to call myself out here.

OP, would you find it ironic that I teased you about worrying about your system not shipping and yours ends up shipping before mine?
Yep, that's what happened and now I'm worried :P

I would call that 'Karma' xD nah just joking. I hope you'll get your switch too :)

Reactions: xile6

TheNeck

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
my amazon orders grey switch, zelda SE, and red L/R joy cons shipped last night at 9pm, says to be delivered by 8pm. Amazon shipped using their amazon logistics, so there tracking updates are minimal. :( im hoping it gets delivered way before 8pm.

Sketchy1

gbatemp's shadiest warez dealer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@TheNeck @Kikirini @Justin20020 remember:
1) its amazon
2) you most likeley didnt drop any extra money for any fast shipping/prime. thats how online shopping works.
3)you get what you paid for (cheap cost, cheap service)

oh and because amazon prime. people get shit first. escpecially first stocks.
point being you cant be impatient for service you didnt pay much for.

Last edited by Sketchy1,

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
my amazon orders grey switch, zelda SE, and red L/R joy cons shipped last night at 9pm, says to be delivered by 8pm. Amazon shipped using their amazon logistics, so there tracking updates are minimal. :( im hoping it gets delivered way before 8pm.
Amazon logistics almost always gets to me by 12pm in Vegas

Kikirini

Zelda Fangirl
Trophies
Website
kuroshouri.com
XP
Country
United States
@TheNeck @Kikirini @Justin20020 remember:
1) its amazon
2) you most likeley didnt drop any extra money for any fast shipping/prime. thats how online shopping works.
3)you get what you paid for (cheap cost, cheap service)

oh and because amazon prime. people get shit first. escpecially first stocks.
point being you cant be impatient for service you didnt pay much for.
I do have Amazon Prime, though.

Reactions: zoogie

xile6

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Turns out mine wasn't shipped because Amazon sold me a Switch they didn't have.
I am furious. It seems to me that they shouldn't take my money for a preorder they can't fulfill. >.<
dang man, im sorry. How could they wait this late to let you know all this. This is something they should of said weeks ago to give you time to find another one.
I hope you get everything work out and they get you one and ship it in a few days. The best to ya.

Kikirini

Zelda Fangirl
Trophies
Website
kuroshouri.com
XP
Country
United States
dang man, im sorry. How could they wait this late to let you know all this. This is something they should of said weeks ago to give you time to find another one.
I hope you get everything work out and they get you one and ship it in a few days. The best to ya.
Yeah, that's what I told them, and they told me tough luck.
Best part is, I asked when I could expect them to replenish their stock - they have no idea. Yet they still charged me for the damn thing.
I just don't know what to do. >.<

S

Saiyan Lusitano

Eesh. Retailers in US and Europe haven't done a great job shipping the Switch units to their customers.

Windaga

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just got finished talking to Amazon. My order hasn't shipped yet either, and it's supposed to be here within the next 4 hours. The rep said he'd refund me $20 if it isn't, but he was insistent on it getting here today, despite the lack of shipping/tracking information. Said he'd "upgrade" it to high priority, and it would be here tomorrow morning if it wasn't here tonight. I don't know what that means realistically, but that's what was said.

And of course, as I was talking to the rep, a UPS truck drives up to my door, the guy gets out, drops something off at my neighbors, and drives away.

:(

Reactions: retrofan_k

eroz76

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have Amazon prime. I preordered when they were first available. My order just changed from arriving today by 8 pm to now arriving tomorrow. :(

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is why I don't preorder (especially from somewhere that I can't physically get to within a 30 minute drive). I went to my local Walmart (from a relatively small town) last night at about 11:40pm, saw one guy waiting for a Switch in the electronics section, lined up behind him, by midnight, there were 2 more people behind us, they came out with the stock (about 10 systems I believe), there were 2 Red and Blue, rest were grey, I wanted Red and Blue, as did the one person in front of me, so I lucked out and got my color. And even if I didn't get there 20 minutes or so before launch, I was still gonna be able to get a Switch due to their supply, though I may not have got my color preference.

Last edited by duffmmann,

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
I have Amazon prime. I preordered when they were first available. My order just changed from arriving today by 8 pm to now arriving tomorrow. :(
Finally got confirmation this is happening to me now after 2 full days of "we're shipping soon". Spoke with support earlier and they assured me it was still coming today. My Zelda cart showed up today as promised using walmart.com's free new 2-day service.

I pay Amazon $100 a year for this.

Last edited by zoogie,

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Finally got confirmation this is happening to me now after 2 full days of "we're shipping soon". Spoke with support earlier and they assured me it was still coming today.

I pay $100 a year for this.

Go to school, pay half. Jeeeez. No, but for real though.. Pretty bad move on their part. I just walked in and picked one up today. No pre order...

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
Go to school, pay half. Jeeeez. No, but for real though.. Pretty bad move on their part. I just walked in and picked one up today. No pre order...
I already had Amazon student a few years ago before I graduated. It doesn't last forever.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: what's up woke boy