Gaming Amazon cancelling some BotW ME preorders

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
  • Over on r/Nintendoswitch in the last 10 minutes there have been 3 posts claiming that Amazon has cancelled their Master Edition preorders because the "item is no longer available.

Hope it is not to widespread. There are going to be some very unhappy campers.

Edit: so 1 1/2 hours later there are over 300 posts in the main thread with easily 50 irate customers. One recent post claims the Amazon rep said they are cancelling ALL ME preorders because of insufficient supply and will resist them when they have an accurate count of how many they have. I find this hard to believe.

Last edited by thorasgar,
S

Saiyan Lusitano

That sucks. There's always Zelda: Breath of the Wild - European "Lite" Limited Edition, I'm a tad annoyed the European version doesn't include that Zelda Switch game case but oh well, I don't plan on taking it out of the dock.

xile6

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Man that sucks..i remember when bestbuy cancel my zelda 3ds. I was very pissed.

Hopefully its not a shortage and more of a money problem. Either way it still sucks.

WiiuGold

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Amazon just cancelled one of my order for neon joy con :( but they did give me $5 lol
This is what they said!
We're unable to fulfill your order for the item(s) listed above because they aren't available from the supplier any longer. As a result, we've cancelled them from your order and your original payment method won't be charged.

We're sorry for any inconvenience or disappointment this may have caused. To help make up for the inconvenience, we've applied a $5 Amazon.com Gift Card to your account. This amount will be applied to your next eligible order automatically without entering a claim code.

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
and that's why i don't pre-order anything from amazon anymore. my eb games order is still intact :P

Same here. I order everything gaming and console related (thats new) through Gamestop. I hate their prices, but on new products the price doesn't really matter, I'd rather know I'm getting exactly what I order through them.

What really sucks for the Amazon orders is that they can't even order the standard edition anymore because it's sold out everywhere. Way to go Amazon, selling something two months ago and one week before launch, cancelling every single order. Don't think I'll ever pre-order anything "limited" or "special-edition" through them... A crap, I have that awesome Deluxe Edition BotW strategy guide reserved through them!!

nolimits59

Trophies
XP
Country
France
i'm not even surprised, that's what happens when you "gold" a game 3-4weeks before the release... no enought time to pack all the different versions... WiiU/Switch/Switch Special edition

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Glad I ordered from Best Buy shortly after midnight after the pre-launch event/announcement. My best buy order for the game and system are still intacted.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: Switching my home routing/firewall solution from pfsense to OPNsense. Boy how I hate networking...