Amazon cancelling some BotW ME preorders

Discussion in 'Switch - Games & Content' started by thorasgar, Feb 23, 2017.

1. thorasgar
    OP

thorasgar Checkout my evil Soon-in-atorâ„¢

Jul 3, 2010
    United States
    • Over on r/Nintendoswitch in the last 10 minutes there have been 3 posts claiming that Amazon has cancelled their Master Edition preorders because the "item is no longer available.

Hope it is not to widespread. There are going to be some very unhappy campers.

Edit: so 1 1/2 hours later there are over 300 posts in the main thread with easily 50 irate customers. One recent post claims the Amazon rep said they are cancelling ALL ME preorders because of insufficient supply and will resist them when they have an accurate count of how many they have. I find this hard to believe.

Last edited by thorasgar, Feb 23, 2017
  2. Saiyan Lusitano

Saiyan Lusitano GBAtemp Guru

Oct 29, 2015
    Portugal
    That sucks. There's always Zelda: Breath of the Wild - European "Lite" Limited Edition, I'm a tad annoyed the European version doesn't include that Zelda Switch game case but oh well, I don't plan on taking it out of the dock.

3. xile6

xile6 GBAtemp Maniac

Jan 15, 2006
    United States
    Man that sucks..i remember when bestbuy cancel my zelda 3ds. I was very pissed.

Hopefully its not a shortage and more of a money problem. Either way it still sucks.

4. Bladexdsl

Bladexdsl ZOMG my posts...it's over 9000!!!

Nov 17, 2008
    Australia
    Queensland
    you can always get the one at play-asia...o wait it's been saying it's coming for over a month now! :whip:

5. Xzi

Xzi Console Hacker and PC Gamer

Dec 26, 2013
    United States
    Spiraling Out
    They probably just oversold based on an estimate of how many ME copies they'd be getting. No problem with my SE order through Amazon thankfully.

6. WiiuGold

WiiuGold GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 5, 2015
    Amazon just cancelled one of my order for neon joy con :( but they did give me $5 lol
    This is what they said!
    We're unable to fulfill your order for the item(s) listed above because they aren't available from the supplier any longer. As a result, we've cancelled them from your order and your original payment method won't be charged.

We're sorry for any inconvenience or disappointment this may have caused. To help make up for the inconvenience, we've applied a $5 Amazon.com Gift Card to your account. This amount will be applied to your next eligible order automatically without entering a claim code.

7. Bladexdsl

Bladexdsl ZOMG my posts...it's over 9000!!!

Nov 17, 2008
    Australia
    Queensland
    and that's why i don't pre-order anything from amazon anymore. my eb games order is still intact :P

8. Maximilious

Maximilious GBAtemp Addict

Nov 21, 2014
    United States
    Same here. I order everything gaming and console related (thats new) through Gamestop. I hate their prices, but on new products the price doesn't really matter, I'd rather know I'm getting exactly what I order through them.

What really sucks for the Amazon orders is that they can't even order the standard edition anymore because it's sold out everywhere. Way to go Amazon, selling something two months ago and one week before launch, cancelling every single order. Don't think I'll ever pre-order anything "limited" or "special-edition" through them... A crap, I have that awesome Deluxe Edition BotW strategy guide reserved through them!!

9. nolimits59

nolimits59 GBAtemp Fan

Apr 25, 2008
    France
    i'm not even surprised, that's what happens when you "gold" a game 3-4weeks before the release... no enought time to pack all the different versions... WiiU/Switch/Switch Special edition

10. thorasgar
    OP

thorasgar Checkout my evil Soon-in-atorâ„¢

Jul 3, 2010
    United States
    I am sure that will be the first thing "hacked" on the Switch and available for download. :toot:

Maximilious likes this.
  11. Xzi

Xzi Console Hacker and PC Gamer

Dec 26, 2013
    United States
    Spiraling Out
  12. Imacaredformy2ds

Imacaredformy2ds Smartass

Banned
    Nov 17, 2016
    Mexico
    Oh god
    Is this news though?

13. xile6

xile6 GBAtemp Maniac

Jan 15, 2006
    United States
    yep. That means the price just went up on ebay lol....
    But yea this is bad news. Not only are they out on the set but they dont get the game either. So now they gotta go out and buy the game.
    This sucks alot for those people because its so late into the release.

Imacaredformy2ds likes this.
  14. chartube12

chartube12 GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 3, 2010
    United States
    Glad I ordered from Best Buy shortly after midnight after the pre-launch event/announcement. My best buy order for the game and system are still intacted.