• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Am I the only person with consistent views? (COVID19/abortion)

Are you consistent with regards to abortion and mask-wearing?

• Yes, their bodies, their choices!

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • No, I am pro-choice [abortion], but for enforced mask-wearing in public.

Votes: 72 64.9%
  • Yes, let us not be careless about human life!

Votes: 13 11.7%
  • No, I am pro-life [abortion] but against mandatory mask-wearing in public.

Votes: 8 7.2%

• Total voters

UltraSUPRA

[title removed by staff]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Again. NO
People need to go places, people have jobs, people have to get food. People have to move around. That's a pathetic excuse to say
"Well just don't go out, respect us for being idiots, loose your rights to happiness"
What did we do during the shutdown, then?
You want to know what I say?
Fuck your idiocy. Because that's essentially all it comes down to.
It's not stupid to believe that the hivemind is a fate worse than death.

D

Deleted User

What did we do during the shutdown, then?
Practically nothing. The small business program? most of the big businesses ran off the with the money. We also bailed out banks, when we should of bailed out people... for covid reasons.. We "tried" to give covid relief (through stimulus checks). Which didn't really last long enough for anyone to get through.. And nor did it fix the eviction crisis. It only delayed the evictions. And that is literately it. again squandered.
It's not stupid to believe that the hivemind is a fate worse than death
Ah yes, I don't need seatbelts in a car, it's too much of a hivemind idea to protect myself and others, don't mind me just going to bounce around and kill the people around me in the car as I crash(yes that does happen. if you think seatbelts only effect you, your sadly mistaken, replace not wearing a seat belt with a mask, and the car with covid. same result. people die)

Last edited by ,

UltraSUPRA

[title removed by staff]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah yes, I don't need seatbelts in a car, it's too much of a hivemind idea.
1. The seatbelt mandate was enacted before I was born.
2. Not wearing a seatbelt provides a very dangerous risk to that person specifically. Therefore, it's a basic survival instinct to wear your seatbelt.
3. Yes.

D

Deleted User

2. Not wearing a seatbelt provides a very dangerous risk to that person specifically. Therefore, it's a basic survival instinct to wear your seatbelt.
Ah yes, I don't need seatbelts in a car, it's too much of a hivemind idea to protect myself and others, don't mind me just going to bounce around and kill the people around me in the car as I crash(yes that does happen. if you think seat belts only effect you, your sadly mistaken, replace not wearing a seat belt with a mask, and the car with covid. same result. people die)
point 1 and 3 has no substance to the argument. point 2 is blatant attempt to change narrative and refute an argument that i wasn't making, as you refused to respond to it proper.

Last edited by ,

UltraSUPRA

[title removed by staff]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
attempting to move the goal post of this conversation?
Yeah no I'll pass, come up with a better argument.
or add on to explain your "point"
Gladly.
You see, cars used to not have seatbelts. We used to not have to wear masks.
Cars got faster, and then seatbelts became law. The flu got deadlier, and then muzzles became law.
However, while car accidents have still run rampant despite (or perhaps because of) the airbags and mandatory seatbelts, Coronavirus deaths have gone down while we've been wearing muzzles. Every Monday and Tuesday, the death rate is below a thousand.
Perhaps you see it as the masks working, meaning we should keep doing it and watch the death rate go even lower. But I think that this means we don't have to because the dearh rate is so low. Even if the death rate was as bad as it was in April or May, no price is too great for freedom.
Besides, you can't make a vaccine for a living thing like a virus.

Last edited by UltraSUPRA,
D

Deleted User

Gladly.
You see, cars used to not have seatbelts. We used to not have to wear masks.
Cars got faster, and then seatbelts became law. The flu got deadlier, and then muzzles became law.
Yes and? How is this a point?

However, while car accidents have still run rampant despite (or perhaps because of) the airbags and mandatory seatbelts,
human beings not meant to move at 80 miles per hour? Who could of thunk? My point being that cars are a man made invention, with the needs of something people often struggle to be perfect with. High moving speeds plus human flesh contained will always result in problems. We aren't designed to handle them. So of course it's going to be high.
Coronavirus deaths have gone down while we've been wearing muzzles. Every Monday and Tuesday, the death rate is below a thousand.
Unlike most things that can kill us. Viruses ability to transmit is incredibly dangerous, we've seen that at full force with the black plague when man kind didn't have proper doctors, when we didn't even know what a virus was. And any virus that has the potential to spread extremely fast and have possible long term results is deemed to dangerous to not act on. And ontop of that, viruses are exponential , not linear, which is why your supposed to take them seriously if their spread and total deaths is high.

Perhaps you see it as the masks working, meaning we should keep doing it and watch the death rate go even lower. But I think that this means we don't have to because the death rate is so low. Even if the death rate was as bad as it was in April or May, no price is too great for freedom.
No, I see masks as preventive measure until we have a vaccine. If however, we did follow protocol the spread of it would be far more evenly, preventing a overload in the health care system... which is exactly what has begun in certain states.
Second, your idea of freedom is bull shit. If it means I have the right to pull out a gun and shoot you, then I don't want any of that damn freedom you speak of. Because that's not freedom, that's blatant carelessness for others. You speak of freedom, but you don't act like you care about others either.
breaks out into hysterical laughing
holy shit. Holy fucking shit.
I can't take this, holy fucking crap. You transcend darwinism, I think your the proof that evolution can indeed go backwards.
Moving on, from my temporary break from sanitiy as you just refuted science that we've known for the last, at least 20 years minimum.
NO THAT'S NOT HOW THAT WORKS HOLY JESUS FUCKING CHRIST
I'm really beginning to question your education, because that was taught in about 6-8 grade. Viruses are not living, they are in a bizzar situation between needing a host to replicate, and not having all the function to need to replicate (specifically means of getting energy) however they are made up of genetic material. The human body has response to viruses, just like it has a response to any bacteria infection. In this case, the body remembers identifiers of that virus. This is why most commonly if you get the flu... which is a virus. you can't get it again, unless it's a different one.

now again, how does this refute my point I stated that you are being careless of others health by not wearing a mask.

Last edited by ,

omgcat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

idk measles, mumps, polio, hepatitis a/b/c, tetanus, rubella, Hib, pertussis, Pneumococcal meningitis, Rotavirus, Diphtheria (remember balto?). seriously anyone who was educated in a public school and made it past 8th grade should know about these.

UltraSUPRA

[title removed by staff]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
beginning to think he didn't complete high school either
I'm 15.
idk measles, mumps, polio, hepatitis a/b/c, tetanus, rubella, Hib, pertussis, Pneumococcal meningitis, Rotavirus, Diphtheria (remember balto?). seriously anyone who was educated in a public school and made it past 8th grade should know about these.
Not all diseases are viruses.

D

Deleted User

oh no no your not getting out of that so easily.
answer my question how does this refute my point I stated that you are being careless of others health by not wearing a mask.
also... the human body creates antibodies...
Which are created from the immune response... which the immune system responds to viruses. Which how we create vaccines by using the knowledge that we have of the immune system to create antibodies prepared to fight a virus.

Last edited by ,

UltraSUPRA

[title removed by staff]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oh no no your not getting out of that so easily.
answer my question how does this refute my point I stated that you are being careless of others health by not wearing a mask.
It's not careless if everybody is going to get infected anyway.
also... the human body creates antibodies...
Which are created from the immune response... which the immune system responds to viruses. Which how we create vaccines by using the knowledge that we have of the immune system.
Explain how we don't have an end-all vaccine for the flu.

D

Deleted User

It's not careless if everybody is going to get infected anyway.
unsatisfactory answer try again. look below

Explain how we don't have an end-all vaccine for the flu.
you should know it.
And after I answer this, answer my question you have ignored for the last time.
tl;dr
viruses overtime can change. Due to a whole lot of shit that can happen that I don't want to go explaining. Our bodies are good at fighting one specific strain, and only one specific strain. meaning that if the virus changes enough, we catch that variant. That is why the flu comes back every "flu" season. It's because it's not the same flu, but a very similar version of it.
now... answer my question
how does this refute my point I stated that you are being careless of others health by not wearing a mask.

as a fyi, the reason we have vaccines is to help protect people, in 2 ways. 1 just for those who actually got it. and 2 for those who cannot get a vaccine, as their immune systems for some of these people are shot. Through vaccines this creates herd immunity, which tl;dr protects those people from getting it.In other words, not everyone is guaranteed to have it. Hence why as I stated above your response is absolutely unsatisfactory

Last edited by ,

UltraSUPRA

[title removed by staff]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you should know it.
And after I answer this, answer my question you have ignored for the last time.
tl;dr
viruses overtime can change. Due to a whole lot of shit that can happen that I don't want to go explaining. Our bodies are good at fighting one specific strain, and only one specific strain. meaning that if the virus changes enough, we catch that variant. That is why the flu comes back every "flu" season. It's because it's not the same flu, but a very similar version of it.
The Coronavirus is also mutating.
now... answer my question
how does this refute my point I stated that you are being careless of others health by not wearing a mask.
How can you avoid a mutating virus? If it mutates, you can't make a vaccine for it. If you can't make a vaccine for it, and you can get it twice, you can't avoid it. If you can't avoid the virus, it's not careless to spread it, it's just...natural.

omgcat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Coronavirus is also mutating.

How can you avoid a mutating virus? If it mutates, you can't make a vaccine for it. If you can't make a vaccine for it, and you can get it twice, you can't avoid it. If you can't avoid the virus, it's not careless to spread it, it's just...natural.

the mutation is not in the spike protein region, there is no reason to think that vaccines currently being produced will not work, and even if they are not 100% effective, partial matches work as well. look at the yearly flu vaccine, even if the panel is not a 100% match it significantly reduces symptoms and chances of death. you will also notice that people who have been reinfected have less symptoms, just are just as infectious.

My parent's were alive when a good chunk of people were getting fucked up by polio. go ask people from that time period if vaccines are worth it.

and one last point, seat belts protect others, not just yourself. if the car rolls and a person is not belted, they get thrown around the car cabin, potentially bludgeoning people with weight up to 200+ pounds. seat belts saves your life, and others around you, just like masks.

Last edited by omgcat,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: only ps5 updated to latest firmware can go on psn, jailbroken ones just don't use psn or they...