Kalle Eskelinen

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Hi,
Recently I purchased an Acekard 2i from www.3dsflash-cart.com. Yesterday I got it in my mail and I was excited to start using it. I popped it in and, to my surprise, it didn't work. I found out that my Acekard's bootloader is too old for my DSi XL's version (v.1.4.5E) and I wasn't able to find a bootloader that supports my version. Is there anything I can do?

Kalle Eskelinen

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Are you using akaio 1.9.0 or the old acekard firmware? Sometimes when you buy flashcarts online with a microsd card, they load in the old flashcart firmware for you. Try doing a clean format of your microSD card and throwing the contents from akaio 1.9.0 to the root of your microSD card (http://www.akaio.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1080).
I'm using akaio 1.9.0. The problem is whenever I try to use my AK i get a screen telling me an error has occurred.

Hiccup

Trophies
XP
Country
Are you using akaio 1.9.0 or the old acekard firmware? Sometimes when you buy flashcarts online with a microsd card, they load in the old flashcart firmware for you. Try doing a clean format of your microSD card and throwing the contents from akaio 1.9.0 to the root of your microSD card (http://www.akaio.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1080).
You are getting mixed up between data on the cart itself and data on the SD card.

The data on the SD makes no difference in this case.

Hi,
Recently I purchased an Acekard 2i from www.3dsflash-cart.com. Yesterday I got it in my mail and I was excited to start using it. I popped it in and, to my surprise, it didn't work. I found out that my Acekard's bootloader is too old for my DSi XL's version (v.1.4.5E) and I wasn't able to find a bootloader that supports my version. Is there anything I can do?
[nevermind]

Last edited by Hiccup,

loco365

Trophies
XP
DSTWO is your best bet, it runs on pretty much any firmware.

Edit: If you're willing, you can hack your DSi with a hardmod and downgrade the DS cartridge whitelist to re-enable your Acekard 2i as well.

Last edited by loco365,
Reactions: Hiccup

Schnida

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Well the DSTWO is probably the best card out there. It's pretty expensive though...

Edit: Damn too late :(

Kalle Eskelinen

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
DSTWO is your best bet, it runs on pretty much any firmware.

Edit: If you're willing, you can hack your DSi with a hardmod and downgrade the DS cartridge whitelist to re-enable your Acekard 2i as well.
Well the DSTWO is probably the best card out there. It's pretty expensive though...

Edit: Damn too late :(
Is an R4 Gold an ok card? Can't really afford a DSTWO...

loco365

Trophies
XP
Is an R4 Gold an ok card? Can't really afford a DSTWO...
The magic of a DSTWO is that it has a co-processor in it for additional oomph and functionality. It's also essentially future-proof as it has not been blocked, even on the latest 3DS firmware. R4i cards are fine, but you have to be very wary of clones.

Kalle Eskelinen

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
The magic of a DSTWO is that it has a co-processor in it for additional oomph and functionality. It's also essentially future-proof as it has not been blocked, even on the latest 3DS firmware. R4i cards are fine, but you have to be very wary of clones.
What is this "additional functionality" you speak of?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'm devastated