GoodAtBeingNoob

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi there,
Today I installed hekate on my switch, but soon decided that I didn't want to risk getting banned and restored my NAND, Since I only opened the homebrew launcher once it never crashed and there's nothing about CFW in my crash logs in system settings, so am I safe from being banned?

Thanks!

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Only if you nand backup is from before you launched CFW/Homebrew then you are safe, if not nope you will eventually get the ban.

nachuz

Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
You will never be safe
If you don't want to get banned, you shouldn't had hacked it in first place, when you first turned on the console you accepted the TOS which says that modifying the console would end up on a ban
The correct question would be "I'm avoiding a ban?", but the answer to "I am safe?" is no

Reactions: Albytrozz

GoodAtBeingNoob

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You will never be safe
If you don't want to get banned, you shouldn't had hacked it in first place, when you first turned on the console you accepted the TOS which says that modifying the console would end up on a ban
The correct question would be "I'm avoiding a ban?", but the answer to "I am safe?" is no
If you actually have an answer to my question, please post it, if not please don't. it's quite clear that you don't know what you're talking about. all my research points to the fact that I'm safe, If you restore your NAND to a backup you made before you opened CFW then Nintendo has no way of knowing that you hacked your switch.
And not to mention that I haven't been banned yet, my switch is now stock and I'm playing MK8D online.

Last edited by GoodAtBeingNoob,

TPMJB

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You are far too paranoid.

Is there a risk? Sure. About the same as getting hit by a meteor when you walk out your door.

Are there plenty of us who do far more egregious things that are currently not banned? Yes.

Edit: While your response to the concern troll is amusing, if you "did your research" as you purport, you'd take off the tin-foil hat and relax.

Last edited by TPMJB,
Reactions: thaikhoa

Lumince

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you actually have an answer to my question, please post it, if not please don't. it's quite clear that you don't know what you're talking about. all my research points to the fact that I'm safe, If you restore your NAND to a backup you made before you opened CFW then Nintendo has no way of knowing that you hacked your switch.
And not to mention that I haven't been banned yet, my switch is now stock and I'm playing MK8D online.
If you were connected to wifi and your switch sent out logs that werent on your old nand backup then you could be a tad bit screwed. That would be a red flag right away...

Nintendo takes their time banning people. It could take a day? A week? A month? Just depends on if you were flagged and if there there is a ban wave happening? Afaik... booting homebrew can get you banned. I would avoid going online at all with CFW. Booting anything puts your console at risk of a ban. He knows what hes talking about...

fadx

Filthy Cheater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'd be extrememly surprised if you got banned just from opening the homebrew launcher once, even if you didn't restore the NAND afterwards. No one knows exactly what Nintendo bans based on so there's been bans for what seem like nothing and then others have done things you'd think would be an instant ban but with no consequenses. I wouldn't worry about it too much but only time will tell if you'll be banned.

Edit: I've personally done many things like updating with incorrect fuse counts (so officially updating to the same update more than once), playing NSP installed games offline, playing XCI games offline, playing emulators whilst online. This was a while ago though (I use EmuNAND for anything non-legit now) so I don't know if their way of detecting anything has been updated etc.

Last edited by fadx,
Reactions: thaikhoa

TPMJB

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you were connected to wifi and your switch sent out logs that werent on your old nand backup then you could be a tad bit screwed. That would be a red flag right away...

Nintendo takes their time banning people. It could take a day? A week? A month? Just depends on if you were flagged and if there there is a ban wave happening? Afaik... booting homebrew can get you banned. I would avoid going online at all with CFW. Booting anything puts your console at risk of a ban. He knows what hes talking about...
This is concern trolling. If I've been unbanned since November, I'm not getting banned. I did more than OP did.

-He is not screwed
-He is not in any way at a quantifiable amount of risk

The patches the Atmosphere implemented are sufficient to avoid ban barring completely stupid behavior (cheating online, etc). Just launching Hekate will not do anything.

Reactions: tbb043

Lumince

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is concern trolling. If I've been unbanned since November, I'm not getting banned. I did more than OP did.

-He is not screwed

The patches the Atmosphere implemented are sufficient to avoid ban barring completely stupid behavior (cheating online, etc). Just launching Hekate will not do anything.
Just saying that if nintendo got ANYTHING that looked like the console was modded... Then theres a risk. If not then theres nothing to worry about. Is everyone a Troll to you?

Sonansune

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

-He is not screwed

I played layeredfs games 9 months ago, nothing happened to my switch.:D

TPMJB

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just saying that if nintendo got ANYTHING that looked like the console was modded... Then theres a risk. If not then theres nothing to worry about. Is everyone a Troll to you?
You're trumping up concern where there is none. Nothing goes out (AFAIK) from Hekate. There's no network functions within Hekate. The risk is zero. It is not close to zero. It is not very very very slim. It is equal to zero.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I played layeredfs games 9 months ago, nothing happened to my switch.:D
I don't know what that is, but I'll take the word of the large anime tiddies as gospel.

Reactions: tbb043

Sonansune

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You're trumping up concern where there is none. Nothing goes out (AFAIK) from Hekate. There's no network functions within Hekate. The risk is zero. It is not close to zero. It is not very very very slim. It is equal to zero.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I don't know what that is, but I'll take the word of the large anime tiddies as gospel.
the old redirect method to play backups before sigpatch release.
patch the titleid in main.npdm and sideload desired game's romfs and exefs instead of loading the legit game.

Reactions: TPMJB

TPMJB

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the old redirect method to play backups before sigpatch release.
patch the titleid in main.npdm and sideload desired game's romfs and exefs instead of loading the legit game.
Ah, I heard before Atmosphere it was like sending a telegram to Nintendo saying you were pirating their shit. Now it's relatively safe.

D

Deleted User

You ain't never safe when f ing around with homebrew unless you have emunand

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway

-He is not screwed

There haven't really been any bans in the past few months even from people that use nsps, homebrew etc on the same NAND they use online so that means nothing. They are likely flagging people for later bans.
Log files are less of an issue now that Atmosphere redirects the log, but we have no idea what other methods they use to flag CFW consoles, so you can't know that it's safe, no one can.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,

TPMJB

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There haven't really been any bans in the past few months even from people that use nsps, homebrew etc on the same NAND they use online so that means nothing. They are likely flagging people for later bans.
Log files are less of an issue now that Atmosphere redirects the log, but we have no idea what other methods they use to flag CFW consoles, so you can't know that it's safe, no one can.
Well, we'll see. It's been a really long time without significant bans.

Though in my opinion, Nintendo's online services aren't spectacular enough to want to use them anyway. Sony and Microsoft have made online an integral part of gameplay, but Nintendo's service remains a forgettable perk.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Good.