Misc Alternative to Nintendo USB Wifi Connector

Shaorin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Is there an alternative usb to Nintendo USB Wifi Connector but can work with all devices like psp, ds, itouch, laptop etc... I don't want to get a wireless router I prefer a usb stick. I have windows 7 and I live in Australia so I prefer to buy from an Australian store

ChaosBoi

Ushiromiya Battler
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I don't know of any online australian retailers, but check if this product is available on any of them that you may know. If not, you can always just order it on here.

Amazon Link

The dongle is cheap, but at least it does what I need it for without any real problems. This USB adapter can create an access point for your DS and other devices based on your computer's active internet connection.

ChaosBoi

Ushiromiya Battler
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I have no idea since I've never used it before, but from the sound of the description I'm guessing it can act as an access point. Though you may want to look more into it first before you buy it.

linuxdude2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. A wireless router
2. Nintendo WiFi USB Connector with Buffalo WLI-U2-KG54-YB drivers
3. WiFi USB/NIC card with AP in software (I think Windows Vista and Windows 7 can do this with any WiFi card)

Xuang

Professional
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00333AWTA/ref=oh_details_o01_s00_i00 Bought this a few days ago works on my Win 7 so it should yours.

McHaggis

Fackin' Troller
Trophies
XP
Country
I use a Buffalo WLI-UC-GNM N150 USB adaptor, plugged into my NAS running a WEP hotspot separate to my main network. This allows me to connect my DS, which doesn't support WPA encryption, to the Internet or a device on the main network for homebrew. I bought it about a month ago, it works great.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: @_@