Status
Not open for further replies.

andryndrew

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi, this is my first post on this wonderful forum (sorry for my English, i'm Italian).
I have a question: i can't manage to run practically every homebrew on YSM3. So, the homebrew run, but when it tries to access the sd (for saving configuration or other stuff) it freezes. This obviously make some homebrew not loading at all (like moonshell). It is only me or it is a known bug? If it's only me... why?
biggrin.gif

Thanks anyway.

Gaboros

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Saionji said:
Ok =)
gaboros we will be wait so much time as you needed...
Anyway in last time any good game wasn't been released.

It mostly depends on YWG. I only can start my work if he updated the source.
smile.gif

QUOTE(andryndrew @ Jan 2 2011, 06:33 PM) Hi, this is my first post on this wonderful forum (sorry for my English, i'm Italian).
I have a question: i can't manage to run practically every homebrew on YSM3. So, the homebrew run, but when it tries to access the sd (for saving configuration or other stuff) it freezes. This obviously make some homebrew not loading at all (like moonshell). It is only me or it is a known bug? If it's only me... why?
biggrin.gif

Thanks anyway.

YSM3 has a very bad homebrew loader. Try to load it from your original firmware or from Wood. In the last version the homebrew loading of Wood has been improved a lot.
Other alternative is MoonShell. In my opinion MoonShell is the best homebrew loader which can be used on every card.
smile.gif

andryndrew

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Your WoodR4 for M3 does the job very well, but i miss some useful feature of YSM3 (like softreset and support for the M3 PRAM expansion)... Is there a way to make at least Moonshell run on YSM3?

Gaboros

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
andryndrew said:
Your WoodR4 for M3 does the job very well, but i miss some useful feature of YSM3 (like softreset and support for the M3 PRAM expansion)... Is there a way to make at least Moonshell run on YSM3?

What is the problem with your MoonShell? What does it say?

andryndrew

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
With the last one (2.10), i copied the monshl2 directory in the root of my card and no one of the three different loader provided in the package works (it simply shows some error about DLDI patching and memory exceptions). I have tried with different versions, 1.71, DSTT-customized and others, but no one worked. But since i noticed that every homebrew i load works well until it has to write something on the sd (DSorganize 3.1 freezes when you save configuration or when you rename or copy something with the file browser; Colors freezes when you save a picture or save the calibration settings), i think that it isn't a moonshell-related problem (perhaps moonshell needs to write something at boot time).

Re-sorry for my English
rolleyes.gif

Gaboros

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
andryndrew said:
With the last one (2.10), i copied the monshl2 directory in the root of my card and no one of the three different loader provided in the package works (it simply shows some error about DLDI patching and memory exceptions). I have tried with different versions, 1.71, DSTT-customized and others, but no one worked. But since i noticed that every homebrew i load works well until it has to write something on the sd (DSorganize 3.1 freezes when you save configuration or when you rename or copy something with the file browser; Colors freezes when you save a picture or save the calibration settings), i think that it isn't a moonshell-related problem (perhaps moonshell needs to write something at boot time).

Re-sorry for my English
rolleyes.gif

YSM3 can not load MoonShell, I have tested it. Currently I don't have any idea how to fix it.
frown.gif

Easiest way what you can do: boot Wood From YSM3 and boot MoonShell from there.

Edit: or autoboot MoonShell and load YSM3 from there.
smile.gif

andryndrew

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Uhm... How can i boot Wood from YSM3? they have two system folders that overwrites one another...

Thanks a lot for the help
smile.gif

Gaboros

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
andryndrew said:
Uhm... How can i boot Wood from YSM3? they have two system folders that overwrites one another...

smile.gif

You only need to copy the system folder if you want to make autoboot.
So basically: copy everything from YSM3 to the root of the sd card. You make YSM3 autoboot in this way. Note: then you don't need YSM3.nds, except if you want to switch back from Wood to YSM3.
Copy everything from WoodR4 for M3, except the system folder in your sd card. Then you can boot Wood from the Wood.nds from YSM3.
smile.gif

Neither of the system folder need for the firmwares, it just for autoboot.
smile.gif

andryndrew

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
gaboros said:
andryndrew said:

smile.gif

You only need to copy the system folder if you want to make autoboot.
So basically: copy everything from YSM3 to the root of the sd card. You make YSM3 autoboot in this way. Note: then you don't need YSM3.nds, except if you want to switch back from Wood to YSM3.
Copy everything from WoodR4 for M3, except the system folder in your sd card. Then you can boot Wood from the Wood.nds from YSM3.
smile.gif

Neither of the system folder need for the firmwares, it just for autoboot.
smile.gif
Thanks, I didn't know that the system folder was there for autoboot.

Gaboros

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
YSM3 6.43d released:

- Homebrew loading is fixed. Looks like I have screwed up the latest m3dldi.dat which is refer to the homebrew loading. - Thanks to andryndrew for reporting this issue.
smile.gif

- I have included a readme file about the installing and the updating.

http://filetrip.net/f23510-YSM3-with-Retro...iles-6-43d.html

This is fix the issue mentioned above. In this version you can boot Wood and MoonShell as well.
smile.gif

Sorry for the latest version issues!

Gaboros

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Saionji said:
Gaboros Thx alot =)
You saved us again...

Your are welcome!
biggrin.gif

Sorry for the issues in the previous version but I don't use YSM3 at all and I only test it rarely. And first I thought this is the normal way of the homebrew loading then I realised I just screwed up the m3dldi.dat in it.
smile.gif

Gaboros

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
While we all waiting the original WoodR4 source code update I made a small fix on the M3 release. Nothing special but practical, here we go:

WoodR4 for M3 1.20d released:

http://filetrip.net/f23513-Wood-R4-for-M3-1-20d.html

- Fixed the reset of the wood when you change skin or language, don't need to turn on/off the device. - Thanks for reporting HeadHunt!
Note: it is only work when you have wood.nds on the root of your sd card.

Gaboros

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
A Gay Little Cat Boy said:
I have an idea. Use the same thing you did for theming and possibly you could apply that for soft-reset

I have thought this and tried but currently I can't fully understand the method of how it was done to reseating games.
frown.gif

I have worked on that but with no luck yet. Maybe in someday...
smile.gif

avenir

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have an idea. Use the same thing you did for theming and possibly you could apply that for soft-reset
Unfortunately soft reset code can't be so big and the base code (for R4) is written in asm.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
gaboros said:

I have thought this and tried but currently I can't fully understand the method of how it was done to reseating games.
frown.gif

I have worked on that but with no luck yet. Maybe in someday...
smile.gif
Well you got it to work with part of it, it's only a matter of time before you figure out how to make it work with the other parts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: