Hacking Alternative firmwares for M3

Status
Not open for further replies.

tomazzzi

Trophies
XP
Country
Man you rock, thanks a lot for your work !!

Is there a way for you to explain how you made it ?
then we can participate in the next update
smile.gif

Thanks again ! merry xmas.

Gaboros

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
tomazzzi said:
Man you rock, thanks a lot for your work !!

Is there a way for you to explain how you made it ?
then we can participate in the next update
smile.gif

Thanks again ! merry xmas.

It is very complicated and a lot of code changed since 1.15 both in the original code and in mine.
So even if you code done your 1.15 version it is still takes hours the explain how was it made to 1.17 and maybe for days how was it made for 1.20 because there is a lot of changes, for example the arm totally changed, etc.
I have already written here: do to your update, and understand my instruction you most know at least a little about coding. But if you know something about coding you do not need my assistance.
biggrin.gif

QUOTE(azkirby @ Dec 24 2010, 12:21 PM) A very big thanks to you, Gaboros!
yaynds.gif

You are welcome!
yaynds.gif

Marry Christmas All!
biggrin.gif

Gaboros

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
koops said:
pokemon black does not work with cheats when using woodR4 1.20
frown.gif
..guess i have to use YSM3 (ugly as hell but it does it's job)

I just done some further test on it. The original Japan Pokemon Black (not English patched) works with the latest official gbatemp cheat database (http://cheats.gbatemp.net/). I have tested manually the cheats are working, so it is definitely not the loader's fault.
Maybe you use wrong cheats on wrong games. Or you try to load a LOT of cheat at once. I said before the maximum cheat size is reduced to 48 kb from 64. (but the fully load that 48 kb you really have to load a lot of cheat at once!)

kot7k

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.gofansub.net
XP
Country
Spain
Now if you want/can the only thing left is making able wood to play fragmented games cause tbh, its very strange but seemd that ALL my games/saves were fragmented when i was going to test it, so i have reformat my sd (i thought using defrag programs on sd lowered its life time).

Dunno if original wood for r4 has also this problem but i used it for some friend old original r4 and didnt notice it. Maybe you could try to make wood think that your games arent fragmented even they are, making a variable with all the file positions in sd in it (for example 1-5,300-500, 1000-3000). Wood would only need to read that variable straight and it would take care of the jumps. Dunno if what im saying is bullshit i dont know the actual code nor if its possible, but its just an idea.

Anyways you did a hell of a job and like i said before, many thanks, you are the man.

Gaboros

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
kot7k said:
Now if you want/can the only thing left is making able wood to play fragmented games cause tbh, its very strange but seemd that ALL my games/saves were fragmented when i was going to test it, so i have reformat my sd (i thought using defrag programs on sd lowered its life time).

Dunno if original wood for r4 has also this problem but i used it for some fried old original r4 and didnt notice it. Maybe you could try to make wood think that your games arent fragmented even they are, making a variable with all the file positions in sd in it (for example 1-5,300-500, 1000-3000). Wood would only need to read that variable straight and it would take care of the jumps. Dunno if what im saying is bullshit i dont know the actual code nor if its possible, but its just an idea.

Anyways you did a hell of a job and like i said before, many thanks, you are the man.

I have tried to remove the fragment check part but basically it doesn't mean the fragmented games are working. (I could easily remove the fragment error but it doesn't solve the problem) They give you two white screen. Basically it happens because it has different read/write process like the original wood (of course because it is a fully different card). We weren't too lucky if I remove the fragment error.
frown.gif

I think the easiest way is using a file fragmenter program.
smile.gif

kot7k

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.gofansub.net
XP
Country
Spain
I already read that reply of yours before, i was telling you about using that variable for storing the file positions for that reason. I understand removing the check wouldnt do anything cause in the moment it had to jump to another position on the sd it would instead, read straight and find data of another game causing a crash, so what we would really need is give wood the whole file without making it acually read the sd. Just us read sd, make the variable and the pass it to wood for using it in loader. Bah well, you are the one who would understad the deeps of wood better so if you say it cant be , it will be true, i was just trying.

I know fragmeter program is not a hard solution but if you add/delete games usually might be a little time-comsuming (also what i said about the microsd lifetime).

Greetings

KevFan

Trophies
XP
Country
gaboros said:
kot7k said:

Dunno if original wood for r4 has also this problem but i used it for some fried old original r4 and didnt notice it. Maybe you could try to make wood think that your games arent fragmented even they are, making a variable with all the file positions in sd in it (for example 1-5,300-500, 1000-3000). Wood would only need to read that variable straight and it would take care of the jumps. Dunno if what im saying is bullshit i dont know the actual code nor if its possible, but its just an idea.

I have tried to remove the fragment check part but basically it doesn't mean the fragmented games are working. (I could easily remove the fragment error but it doesn't solve the problem) They give you two white screen. Basically it happens because it has different read/write process like the original wood (of course because it is a fully different card). We weren't too lucky if I remove the fragment error.
frown.gif

I think the easiest way is using a file fragmenter program.
smile.gif
i remember normmatt saying that defragging flash based device (microsd cards) would bring down the life time of the device by alot
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=267...p;#entry3333753
so i guess if this need for defragging problem was resolved, then it would save alot of hassle and this Wood for M3 would be the best Wood M3 ever!!

Anyway thanks for the great update!! Keep up the great work
yay.gif

amaro

Trophies
XP
Country
As a precaution, get a save of any rom that is not fragmented and rename to the name of Rom who want to play.
Thus the problems are over with the saves fragmented!

Gaboros

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
gaboros said:
koops said:
pokemon black does not work with cheats when using woodR4 1.20
frown.gif
..guess i have to use YSM3 (ugly as hell but it does it's job)

I just done some further test on it. The original Japan Pokemon Black (not English patched) works with the latest official gbatemp cheat database (http://cheats.gbatemp.net/). I have tested manually the cheats are working, so it is definitely not the loader's fault.
Maybe you use wrong cheats on wrong games. Or you try to load a LOT of cheat at once. I said before the maximum cheat size is reduced to 48 kb from 64. (but the fully load that 48 kb you really have to load a lot of cheat at once!)

Anyway I have fixed the loader in a different way. In this version I haven't reduced the cheat loading so it is same as the previous version. The reduction was made in the dldi section. So give it a try but it must load all of the cheats.

WoodR4 for M3 1.20b:

http://filetrip.net/f23368-Wood-R4-for-M3-1-20b.html

Lassik

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would this or any other of these M3 updates work for the M3 Simply? I only ask because I have a friend who has one and he's all bummed that his card doesn't work with anything. I may just buy him a new one but I wanted to verify this first.

KevFan

Trophies
XP
Country
Lassik said:
Would this or any other of these M3 updates work for the M3 Simply? I only ask because I have a friend who has one and he's all bummed that his card doesn't work with anything. I may just buy him a new one but I wanted to verify this first.
i dont know whether these updates would work or not but i do believe that the M3 Simply supports the official Wood R4 software so you should tell him to try it
Latest Wood R4

Gaboros

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
45gc said:
Lassik said:
i dont know whether these updates would work or not but i do believe that the M3 Simply supports the official Wood R4 software so you should tell him to try it
Latest Wood R4

Yeah, that is right. M3DS Simply can run the official WoodR4. Just drag and drop all of the files from his link. That is the best what can do with your M3.
smile.gif

Marry Christmas!
smile.gif

MWisBest

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe the cheat databases need to be updated with the latest ones from http://cheats.gbatemp.net/? I use those and cheats work fine on my Pokemon Black v7 translation (it shows up as v1/3/4/5 on the title but they work...). Maybe save the game and restart it because I don't remember them working when I first started the game too.

Gaboros

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
MWisBest said:
Maybe the cheat databases need to be updated with the latest ones from http://cheats.gbatemp.net/ ?

I think yes. I have tested the pokemon black and worked for me. But with the new 1.20b it must work. I have fixed the loader in different way so its cheat loading is same as the original one.
I just had to remove 16 kb from the arm because YWG has changed it too. In 1.20 this was removed from the cheat loading but in 1.20b it is removed from the dldi section.
You know the two version is basically just the same. Both has to use the cheats well. But it is more stable if I remove it from the dldi section because the cheat loading doesn't disturbed and it is like the original WoodR4.
So basically both version has to work with all of the cheats but in the 1.20b the loader is fixed in a more optimal way.

I didn't tested the patched one, I have tested the original Japan version. But if it doesn't work with the patched one and works on the original it is definitely not the loader's fault.
smile.gif

Gaboros

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
I have made a DScovered with the latest YSM3.
biggrin.gif

http://filetrip.net/f23381-DScovery-for-M3-6-43.html

Basically it can load any games which can load the YSM3 but it has a totally different UI, and it is ten times prettier.
smile.gif

I have fixed the softreset too. It is working in my version.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKhWM1nGO6I...player_embedded

1.Unpack CopyToSD.rar on your microSD card
2.Unpack DScovered.rar and run it.
3.Select your microSD card, update web list, download cover, update your card
4.Run DScovered.nds

I will be off for two days, so can't help with it. Good Luck!
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: No prob and btw, welcome to gbatemp! :grog: