GBAtemp RPG Maniac
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I finally found the perfect Slot-2 for me... Great/perfect GBA Compatibility, Decent/OK DS Compatibility (Don't really care), and at a great price! ($45-$50)

I'm just wondering what the right type of screwdriver is needed for the Screws in the back so I can swap out the white shell for the black shell to match my Black DSL. I don't wanna be digging for the right tool when I get it, I wanna leave it on my desk so I can do it in a snap.

~If you have any reason why I should not get the EZ Flash IV Lite Deluxe, then please speak up now or forever hold your peace!

zeppo

change my avatar!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
~If you have any reason why I should not get the EZ Flash IV Lite Deluxe, then please speak up now or forever hold your peace!

well, the ez4 is about 2 times as expensive as the 3in1, and the only thing it's REALLY got going for it is that you can switch its shells. if you're only using it for a ds lite, you should NOT get the ez4! get the 3in1 instead, unless there's some other advantage I'm forgetting about.

Nero

GBAtemp RPG Maniac
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ok thanks dark_aura.

Oh and one MORE question.
tongue.gif

It can be used as a RAM expansion, right? For the Opera Browser and Homebrew?

Dont Forget: It can use MicroSDs as storage.

DarkAura

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Yah, you can use it as RAM expanision. And homebrew can be played on your R4... no need for Slot 2.

And I wouldn't recommend using it to hold SDs. Too much stuff in there you don't wanna touch. You can go here to learn how to, but be careful if you decide to.

EDIT: The thread shows you how to do it on a filler, just so you know that it isn't an EZ-Flash.

TLSpartan

Kills threads
Trophies
XP
Country
The EZF4 can play GBA and DS. It does use Micro SD's. Its also a little phillips head screwdriver to open it up. Any more questions?

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It still seems you would be better off just getting a 3in1 and a larger MicroSD.

In the end it would cost less, and allow you to keep all your stuff on one card, instead of switching back and forth between slot-1 and slot-2.

Nero

GBAtemp RPG Maniac
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It still seems you would be better off just getting a 3in1 and a larger MicroSD.

In the end it would cost less, and allow you to keep all your stuff on one card, instead of switching back and forth between slot-1 and slot-2.

Cost isn't too much of a problem. Switching back and forth between Slot-1 and Slot-2? I don't know about that, but I'm going to start using my Kingston 1GB for the EZ Flash IV Lite and use a 2GB Kingston for my R4.

Am I missing out here, or does the EZ Flash IV Lite not have it's own slot for a MicroSD?

~Another question: The R4 can be a NoPass for a EZ Flash IV Lite, correct? I heard somewhere that R4 can't be compatible with the EZ Flash IV. Only with the EZ Flash V... I seriously hope this isn't true.

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Am I missing out here, or does the EZ Flash IV Lite not have it's own slot for a MicroSD?
It has its own slot.

What I meant was, that you're splitting your files between two seperate cards instead of keeping them consolidated into one, which is easier in my opinion.

QUOTE said:
~Another question: The R4 can be a NoPass for a EZ Flash IV Lite, correct?
Correct.

Nero

GBAtemp RPG Maniac
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It has its own slot.

What I meant was, that you're splitting your files between two seperate cards instead of keeping them consolidated into one, which is easier in my opinion.

QUOTE said:
~Another question: The R4 can be a NoPass for a EZ Flash IV Lite, correct?
Correct.

Thanks Urza for your help once again.

In my opinion, it's better to have two MicroSDs for different things.

I don't like the idea of NDS/GBA ROMs sharing the same MicroSD. So I can have the NDS ROMs seperate from the GBA ROM.

~Congrats on your 1000th post.

wiithepeople

^^didn't play it that much, but I love it =D
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
LOL yeah I really recommend the ezflash V 3-in-1 (buy from KangaRod if u want) over the ezflash iv deluxe cuz it's just... better. It's got rumble, opera browser, gba... what more could you ask for?

But me, I don't need 3in1 cuz i dont play gba, dont care about rumble, and gonna get homebrew browser...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Yesterday I learned my BD Burner drive can burn CD's at 56X lol