Almost All Flash Kits Blocked Permanently

GamerzHell9137

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Ohh gosh...
The article from DSTWO site frighten me.
I really thought that most of the flashcards are dead now but I don't think so right now.
There are 3 flashcards that works fine on the new firmware.
Its just like all others updates.
Nothing MAJOR that can't be fixed with software update of flashcards.
Just wait for update from your card.

Nothing uncrackable.

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Part of me is particularly happy that I chose the DStwo compared to the iEvo... especially since the Acekard team basically said "screw you" to all of us HW44 AK2i users.

That said, I would hope this development spurns some teams to band together for a proper CFW for the 3DS (and DSi's for that matter).

RodrigoDavy

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Ohh gosh...
I really thought that most of the flashcards are dead now but I don't think so right now.

Nothing uncrackable.

Problem is that this 3 working carts are problably the only ones that will work after this firmware update. Those 3 could only use a software update because their hardware allowed them too, the other carts doesn't have a hardware that allow them to update in a way they'll work on this firmware, so they are permanently blocked.

EDIT: To give a better explanation, there are differences in the hardware of many flashcarts, for some reason those 3 decided to use a desing where they have a rewritable Save IC, any cart that doesn't have that can't do any software update at all to work this firmware.

gamefan5

Kid Icarus Uprising connoiseur
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ohh gosh...

Nothing uncrackable.

Problem is that this 3 working carts are problably the only ones that will work after this firmware update. Those 3 could only use a software update because their hardware allowed them too, the other carts doesn't have a hardware that allow them to update in a way they'll work on this firmware, so they are permanently blocked.

EDIT: To give a better explanation, there are differences in the hardware of many flashcarts, for some reason those 3 decided to use a desing where they have a rewritable Save IC, any cart that doesn't have that can't do any software update at all to work this firmware.
So in other words, @[member='GamerzHell9137'], the other flashcarts are dead, as in you cannot bring them back to life using Dragonballz. XD

Reactions: 1 person

dragonmaster

Ancient One
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Ohh gosh...

Nothing uncrackable.

So in other words, @[member='GamerzHell9137'], the other flashcarts are dead, as in you cannot bring them back to life using Dragonballz. XD
nop too much negative energy will cause another db gt mayhem xexe

GamerzHell9137

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Ohh gosh...

Nothing uncrackable.

Mother of God

I am doomed

kisamesama

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have accidentally choose firmware update the first time I got my 3ds xl(one month) ago.. it said it was going to download it next time I am connected to internet... I have not connected to internet since then waiting for my r4i flashcard to arrive.. was planning to re-enable wifi once I get my flashcard.. will it automatically download the latest firmware? how can I stop it now!??

----

Hmm that's rather confusing... the thread says "Almost All Flash Kits Blocked Permanently" but I can see in some other threads... r4i gold card supports the latest firmware? what's true, what's false?

bobbyllama

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seems like the r4i team from r4idsn.com released an update for the 4.4.0-10: http://r4idsn.com/news.asp. It supports wood as well as the r4ids.cn.

I can confirm that this update changed the R4i DSN 3DS from being recognized as Rafa Nadal Tennis to a Metroid Prime Demo cart. Can not yet speak to it's success with 4.4.0-10 as my 3DS' battery died shortly after I ran the card's FW update.

Edit: Clarified flashcart build.

exangel

executioner angel
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm that's rather confusing... the thread says "Almost All Flash Kits Blocked Permanently" but I can see in some other threads... r4i gold card supports the latest firmware? what's true, what's false?

I don't see why people have such a hard time with the meaning of "Almost" -.-

Seems like the r4i team from r4idsn.com released an update for the 4.4.0-10: http://r4idsn.com/news.asp. It supports wood as well as the r4ids.cn.

I can confirm that this update changed the R4i DSN 3DS from being recognized as Rafa Nadal Tennis to a Metroid Prime Demo cart. Can not yet speak to it's success with 4.4.0-10 as my 3DS' battery died shortly after I ran the card's FW update.
Please also describe the revision number located on the bottom of your flashcart just above the farthest right "tooth" printed in white on the PCB -- this is an important factor that we're trying to gather data on in the Firmware Update Compilation thread.
http://gbatemp.net/topic/302773-firmware-update-compilation-thread-list-of-flashcards-working-on-3ds/page__fromsearch__1
I have a Revision 8 card from r4idsn.com that has the Rafa Nadal Tennis header and does not accept the update.

kisamesama

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Please also describe the revision number located on the bottom of your flashcart just above the farthest right "tooth" printed in white on the PCB -- this is an important factor that we're trying to gather data on in the Firmware Update Compilation thread.
http://gbatemp.net/topic/302773-firmware-update-compilation-thread-list-of-flashcards-working-on-3ds/page__fromsearch__1
I have a Revision 8 card from r4idsn.com that has the Rafa Nadal Tennis header and does not accept the update.

the way the thread starter wrote the first post rather scared/panicked me LOL... he was like saying all current gen flashcards were doomed...

"From the current market, most of the cards are without save IC, so be blocked now. Therefore, this is the hardware defect, software can not solve."..that part scared me lol... fortunately r4i is still good :))

exangel

executioner angel
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
EDIT: Ninja'd by exangel again.

EDIT2: Also, the whole "IC" bit needs to be dropped, that's not the proper language. All carts use an IC. It's like saying the original R4 doesn't have a "bootloader". It does, it just can't be modified.
I honestly think you should submit a clarified statement for the original post and for Pong20302000 to use in the Firmware Update Compilation thread. You English better.

Edit: I assume Another World would appreciate a more concise and accurate addendum enough to modify it..

bobbyllama

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hmm that's rather confusing... the thread says "Almost All Flash Kits Blocked Permanently" but i can see in some other threads... r4i gold card supports the latest firmware? what's true, what's false?

EDIT:

Edit: Clarified flashcart build.
http://gbatemp.net/t...__fromsearch__1

link fixed

Hi there. My card has a 'C' in the location you described. Hope this helps!

exangel

executioner angel
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi there. My card has a 'C' in the location you described. Hope this helps!

Thanks, the "C" revision (most recent) has already been confirmed on both R4iDSN.com and R4iDS.cn -- at this point it appears that anyone with Revision 9, A, B, or C would be able to use the current updates that were released today and we have confirmed that revision 8 from both makers does not accept the update. No one has confirmed success earlier than revision 8 either.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
I have successfully used my DSi-XL with the NDSi file (Not the NDSL file) to update my R4i Gold 3DS card to the new update: http://www.r4ids.cn/news.htm
I have heard that people can use their v4.3.0-10 3DS to perform the update with the NDSi file as well, THEN update to the system to v4.4.0-10.

I
con before: Chronicles of Narnia - Prince Caspian

Icon after: Metroid Prime - Hunters (DEMO)

Mbmax

Homebrew addicted
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I highly doubt the ez5i is permanently blocked. The FPGA code of this flashcart is updatable by the user with a firmware update.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    That Dell data breach is worse than people probably realize....
    When I worked for Dell we had access to data about military contracts and addresses for high ranking people.
    I personally handled a call from the second highest person at Raytheon. That call bothered me a lot... The guy was nice and smart what bothered me was the way management basically just blew him off instead of going the extra mile to help him.
    In the end that call ended up costing Dell millions in lost contracts with Raytheon, and really the issue could have been solved for like 450 bucks lol
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    sometimes I wonder why anyone would ever buy mega man x legacy collection 2
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    I always thought that capcom shuffled the games in these collection, but apparently they are all in chronological order, which makes legacy collection 2 worthless
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, i want to start singing pirate metal songs and sea shanties if i play sea of thieves
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    find a pirate metal playlist
    +2
    and sing along
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    nevermind i just learned swearing is against the rules in sea of thieves

i was about to start singing the song i last put in "what song are you currently listening to" yesterday
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    but yeah ig so
    swearing not allowed in a pirate game? what has the world come to
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    (here's the song for context)
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Just add -izle to the end of every curse word, you will be fine.
    +2
    i like alestorm
    +1
    @BigOnYa too many syllables
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    same lmao
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    hi, welcome to the Temp!
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Welcome to the Underground!
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    the booty boogie from (once again) the donkey kong country cartoon could also be a good song to sing while playing sea of thieves
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Please insert 25 cents for an additional 30 minutes of talk time.
    +2
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tG7fk_DUz5g +1