Status
Not open for further replies.

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
I suggest that if you're going to keep passwording, then make the password somehting that will identify the source like "gbatemp.net", "noobwarrior7" or something.

cdn_bacon

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
XxOblivion77 said:
If I already had those cIOSs and I installed them again without uninstalling, what would happen? I also don't know how to uninstall cIOSs.

I installed the cIOS included here without removing the ones i already installed and everything was fine. I think you remove them with any title deleter under system titles or something like that.

cdn_bacon

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
XxOblivion77 said:
Alright. But, is SoftChipSVN a backup launcher? Does it run anything that 0.3 doesn't? (Think CoD5, QoS etc.)

There is a thread with the difference between the loaders somewhere. I don't think it loads anything that the others cant at this point but it did help with games like disaster that couldn't load past level 8

goku1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok a few days ago i poste a ? and thanx to noobwarrior7
who pointed me

in the right direction they found a way for both loaders
to work i have a zip ready heres the link http://www.megaupload.com/?d=IDZRAQU6
all files are num for easy install dont know who did it but thanx
v.3
i have put together the files i used on my ntsc usa wii

and with the auto loader it loads pal games still work
now thats v.3

v.1
still all the same bugs only plays patched so if u

patched games and still have them then the are still

good (if you lost compat with v.3 )

game list key
p=patched n/p
unless its marked its all unpatched for info on load issues get at me no prob pitching in to

amf bowl p
bleach s.b
bully p
boom blox p
blast works p
drunswick bowling
battalion wars
backyard baseball 09 p
backyardfootball 09
battle of the bands
chicken shot p
carnavel games
dr death jr p
driver parrell lines p
dragonblade
escape frombug island
endless ocean p still not working on either loader
gutar hero aero
h.o.d 2&3 p
harry potter order phenoix
heat seekers
lego indy
lego bat
mlb power pro p
madden 07,08 p not working
mortal k p not working
man hunt 2 p
mario kart p and n/p
mario party p
mario strikers p
mario slugger
my word coach
metroid prime corupt p
metal slug
namco remix p
naruto c.n.r 2
nba live 9 p
okami p not working
pool party p
pet shop
pirates worlds end
re4 p
re umbrella chrn. p
red steel not working
starwars f.u. p
super swing glof season 2 p
spyro p
sega bass fishing p
star track coquest
soul cal legends p
smarty pants
supersmash bro brawl dvd 5
scarface p
the bigs
trama center n.b p
the monkey king leg begin
trans formers
tony hawk d.h.j
tiger woods 07
the simpsons
tamagachi party on
victorious boxers p
wacky racers p
wii play p
wii sports
warrio shake it p and n/p not working
zelda
zack and wiki p

hotboy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
do you need to install hbc before you can use this softmod..
?sorry for silly question i am a total noob

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
yeah - the homebrew channel is installed so you can do the rest of the stuff afterwards - its what opens the wii to read the SD card from a menu - after that you can install whatever you have on the SD card.

If you install a loader channel you can remove the SD card afterwards as well and it still works fine.

hotboy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
djtaz thanks for your help just sitting here looking at an unopend wii box plucking up the courage to softmod. whats the most stable softmod pack to use.

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Well i havent installed Noobs one myself , but he is a good guy and if he coded it then its going to be good cause he really knows his stuff. His 3 in one covers the original loader , the latest beta loader and a new type of one called softchip ... so you get all 3 in one. It may be a bit confusing for the kids, but you get the most compatability.

The files in my zip (i gathered them as this all progressed) has the latest v0.3 beta loader with the option to also install the v0.1 original loader for those that want it.

I think all you need is the v0.3 loader .... if you download the zip theres a HTML step by step on it with a few photos of the different channels.

Theres a load of good guys on here that are all willing to help - its a seriously good community in fairness to everyone - even the newbies are chipping in and helping out now - its all good
biggrin.gif

zerof

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can someone make a pack for those that haven't done the twilight hack yet?
tongue.gif

Would all that would be needed is to hunt down the beta version of twilight hack and merge it with this?

zerof

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
djtaz said:
erm - all the files for the latest twilight hack are in my zip in the first link with a step by step guide ... they are also on http://hbc.hackmii.com/ if you want to go to the website to get them.

Yea, I downloaded this and the wiibackup pack. I was asking if someone could take this one with all .wad files and put the twilight hack on it. From what I know .wad should be simple to install/uninstall and straightforward with a manager.. but I haven't tried this stuff yet.

With the wiibackup0.3b pack I'm a little confused just by the sheer amount of variations of loaders and stuff. Others would probably like the flexibility. I also don't understand the dol/xml/png combination - will that make a channel? Also is it easy to uninstall?

And I guess I could just swap the apps folders and stop asking these dumb questions..
tongue.gif

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
zerof said:
djtaz said:
erm - all the files for the latest twilight hack are in my zip in the first link with a step by step guide ... they are also on http://hbc.hackmii.com/ if you want to go to the website to get them.

Yea, I downloaded this and the wiibackup pack. I was asking if someone could take this one with all .wad files and put the twilight hack on it. From what I know .wad should be simple to install/uninstall and straightforward with a manager.. but I haven't tried this stuff yet.

With the wiibackup0.3b pack I'm a little confused just by the sheer amount of variations of loaders and stuff. Others would probably like the flexibility. I also don't understand the dol/xml/png combination - will that make a channel? Also is it easy to uninstall?

And I guess I could just swap the apps folders and stop asking these dumb questions..
tongue.gif

heres how it works :

The apps folder is the folder that homebrew look into - it displays the stuff in there , so each one comes up as an icon

Inside each folder you have :
DOL : the actual program that runs
PNG : Image that displays next to the name of the program when you launch homebrew - like a bitmap really.
XML : can be opened in wordpad - its the description of the game that shows when you load it up.

anything in the apps folder will not create a channel and is perfectly safe to run - they will not brick your wii

WAD - is a single file that has images , sounds and DOL files injected into them to make an all in one package
If these are created wrongly they can brick your wii - your on your own installing these so always make sure someone has confirmed they work.

Hope that helps.

zerof

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you djtaz for clearing that up for me.

*And I meant swap the WAD folders. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Y @ YuseiFD: :creep: