Hardware All Accessories that you need for Nintendo Switch (Best choices)

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
https://www.amazon.com/PowerA-Hybrid-Cover-Nintendo-Switch/dp/B01N22YBVY

This is the kind of case I've been looking for. I really don't want to put a screen protector on it.
Looks interesting. With kids it needs some kind of protection if it is going portable, unfortunately corner protection is going to be problematic with the joyless cons.

Personally I love the Zagg glass protectors especially because the mall down the road has a Zagg kiosk and they replace them for $7. I have also watched them go through 3 or 4 until it is applied perfectly.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looks interesting. With kids it needs some kind of protection if it is going portable, unfortunately corner protection is going to be problematic with the joyless cons.

Personally I love the Zagg glass protectors especially because the mall down the road has a Zagg kiosk and they replace them for $7. I have also watched them go through 3 or 4 until it is applied perfectly.
Yeah, I mean it extends a little over the Joy Cons, but my main concern is the screen. It probably does, but wonder if you can lay the Switch on its back while it is in the case.

I don't even have a screen protector for my phone. In fact, it is kind of a similar case.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
The switching is looking more and more like a useless wallet drain.
The only useless wallet drains are MS and Sony. Same games are available on PC, with better graphics and at a lower price. My PC doesn't have a screen of its own and a portable mode, though, and I'm not about to drop $2K-$3K on a gaming laptop that has even less battery life than Switch.

Bottom line is that this is the best portable console you can get in 2017 for a reasonable price point. Vita isn't even remotely comparable with its 540p, and it has to upscale just to reach that half the time.

S

Saiyan Lusitano

Most of those accessories are pointless with only a few standing out to actually have some real utility. Since I won't be taking the Switch in a bag, I won't have to worry about the screen or a case for it.

fatsquirrel

Trophies
XP
Country
Dont buy that Lexar crap, its anything but reliable. As someone before mentioned Toshiba microSDXC Class 10 128GB Exceria M302 is one of the best possible cards. Those ''Pro'' speeds are not needed and wont be used so you are paying for bullshit.

S

Saiyan Lusitano

Dont buy that Lexar crap, its anything but reliable. As someone before mentioned Toshiba microSDXC Class 10 128GB Exceria M302 is one of the best possible cards. Those ''Pro'' speeds are not needed and wont be used so you are paying for bullshit.
Sandisk and Samsung are also great brands but yeah, don't buy Lexar. It's a crappy cheap brand.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
You can stream games to an android tablet.
Yeah but it doesn't really work well at all outside of your house (where you can guarantee the router is fast). That's why I have a Shield TV and not a Shield Tablet. Streaming has a long way to go, otherwise that whole hardware line would've been far more successful. People want to run these games natively, and with good reason.

Reactions: WeedZ

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
All these accessories but no games! well at least Nintendo was kinda thoughtful this time
There are a lot of good releases in March if you're a fan of multiple genres. Fast RMX for F-Zero type racer, Has-Been Heroes for roguelike action-strategy, and Snipperclips for co-op puzzler. Outside of that there's of course BotW and MK8 Deluxe not too long after.

This is actually very purposeful by Nintendo, they're pacing out the release schedule so that third-party games can get some spotlight as well as their own. It's what they did for 3DS, but this time there won't be need for an immediate price drop.

Reactions: WiiuGold
S

Saiyan Lusitano

There are a lot of good releases in March if you're a fan of multiple genres. Fast RMX for F-Zero type racer, Has-Been Heroes for roguelike action-strategy, and Snipperclips for co-op puzzler. Outside of that there's of course BotW and MK8 Deluxe not too long after.

This is actually very purposeful by Nintendo, they're pacing out the release schedule so that third-party games can get some spotlight as well as their own. It's what they did for 3DS, but this time there won't be need for an immediate price drop.
Not really a lot "lot" but a small variety unfortunately. Nintendo's newest console still won't receive the same multiplatform games that PlayStation and Xbox do. Like, who'd want to play Tekken 7, Resident Evil 7, DiRT 4, Battlefield 1 or whatever on the Switch, right? You buy Nintendo consoles to play Nintendo games!

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Not really a lot "lot" but a small variety unfortunately. Nintendo's newest console still won't receive the same multiplatform games that PlayStation and Xbox do. Like, who'd want to play Tekken 7, Resident Evil 7, DiRT 4, Battlefield 1 or whatever on the Switch, right? You buy Nintendo consoles to play Nintendo games!
At the same time, that's an incredibly tall order, to expect multiplats already finished/near finished with development to simultaneously release on a brand new console whose final dev kits probably came out fall last year. If Switch isn't getting some/most simultaneous multiplats by March next year, then it might be time to worry about third-party stuff. It has the hardware and API/engine support it needs, might even be easier architecture to develop for than XB1/PS4.

All that said, yeah, a lot of people are on board mostly for Nintendo stuff. Nothing wrong with that, and I'm sure Nintendo will be happy about it too as long as that translates to better sales than Wii U.

S

Saiyan Lusitano

At the same time, that's an incredibly tall order, to expect multiplats already finished/near finished with development to simultaneously release on a brand new console whose final dev kits probably came out fall last year. If Switch isn't getting some/most simultaneous multiplats by March next year, then it might be time to worry about third-party stuff. It has the hardware and API/engine support it needs, might even be easier architecture to develop for than XB1/PS4.

All that said, yeah, a lot of people are on board mostly for Nintendo stuff. Nothing wrong with that, and I'm sure Nintendo will be happy about it too as long as that translates to better sales than Wii U.
If at least they would be on the list it would mean they would eventually come out for the system but as things are, it's looking like the NS will be missing a lot of multiplatform games.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
If at least they would be on the list it would mean they would eventually come out for the system but as things are, it's looking like the NS will be missing a lot of multiplatform games.
I mean, I can guarantee you there will be plenty more reveals for what is going to be coming to Switch throughout the year, if it makes you feel any better. There's certainly no technical reason Tekken 7 or DiRT 4 couldn't come to Switch, not sure how well the other two engines would run.

S

Saiyan Lusitano

I mean, I can guarantee you there will be plenty more reveals for what is going to be coming to Switch throughout the year, if it makes you feel any better. There's certainly no technical reason Tekken 7 or DiRT 4 couldn't come to Switch, not sure how well the other two engines would run.
EA, Capcom and other companies are already playing the 'Let's wait and see' game which isn't good for Switch owners but if sales prove to be good they'll hopefully make more games. EA sticking with FIFA and Capcom with Street Fighter II are some lousy picks for a new console.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
EA, Capcom and other companies are already playing the 'Let's wait and see' game which isn't good for Switch owners but if sales prove to be good they'll hopefully make more games. EA sticking with FIFA and Capcom with Street Fighter II are some lousy picks for a new console.
Those are probably just the games they were able to port the quickest. Of course there's a lot riding on sales, though. Early and throughout the next couple years.

Doesn't get much better for fighters than SF2 Turbo, though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: In the end that call ended up costing Dell millions in lost contracts with Raytheon, and really...