Homebrew ALL 3 Methods to get unbanned from recent ban wave

Did this unban you and if so which method did?

• Total voters

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
Awsome this just made my day!
Actually, now that I think about it, attempting to perform a system transfer while you still have the ID linked might throw up the 022-2812 error, and obviously the ID wouldn't transfer if you delete your nnidsave. I'm not sure, though. Wiping your nnidsave and calling them might be more fruitful.

gamemasteru03

Nintendo nerd
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually, now that I think about it, attempting to perform a system transfer while you still have the ID linked might throw up the 022-2812 error, and obviously the ID wouldn't transfer if you delete your nnidsave. I'm not sure, though. Wiping your nnidsave and calling them might be more fruitful.
Well I used a blank nnid save to wipe my nnid off my system so I could use eshop.

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
Well I used a blank nnid save to wipe my nnid off my system so I could use eshop.
Yeah, I'm not sure if a system transfer would unlink it or not then. As of now, your ID is essentially in limbo and your only option might be calling them. Don't worry though, they shouldn't hassle you about your console being banned (honestly, I wouldn't even bring it up and just tell them the old console is broke if they ask), especially since you threw more money at them.

gamemasteru03

Nintendo nerd
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I'm not sure if a system transfer would unlink it or not then. As of now, your ID is essentially in limbo and your only option might be calling them. Don't worry though, they shouldn't hassle you about your console being banned (honestly, I wouldn't even bring it up and just tell them the old console is broke if they ask), especially since you threw more money at them.
Yeah I will do that if I cant link my old nnid. Hopefully they wont care that I am banned since I own a 3ds and a wiiu and then tommrow portably a new 3ds I asked for Christmas.

RednaxelaNnamtra

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
That post is lying then. You can't even fully unlink an NNID without doing a system transfer or calling Nintendo. Deleting it from System Settings just wipes your nnidsave. Nintendo's servers still show the ID as linked to the console, though. Attempting to inject the nnidsave from an unbanned 3DS without fully unlinking it is what's causing that error, and if you do unlink it, your banned console will get 022-2812 again because the device ID is banned.
while the method wasn't working for me too, it not true that its not possible to delete an nnid.
If you realy delete the nnid, it is completly gone. Because of that it can't still be linked, and thats the reason the tutorial said, that you should create a new nnid.

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
while the method wasn't working for me too, it not true that its not possible to delete an nnid.
If you realy delete the nnid, it is completly gone. Because of that it can't still be linked, and thats the reason the tutorial said, that you should create a new nnid.
I was talking about wiping the nnidsave. That just clears the ID from the system so that a new one can be linked. I know all of this. I said it's not possible to unlink the account without performing a system transfer or calling Nintendo. Unlinking ≠ deleting. Even when NNID Settings gives you the option to "unlink" the account all it's doing is clearing the nnidsave.

Last edited by Joom,

CompC

Trophies
Website
josh.birnholz.com
XP
Country
United States
Okay, so I already have two 3DSes with custom firmware. One of them is banned. Right now, neither has an NNID linked to it.

If I do a system transfer from the banned 3DS to the one that isn't banned, would it let me link my original NNID to the target 3DS, assuming the ban doesn't transfer?

On the banned console, I've unbanned it with method 2, modified SecureInfo_A and injected a blank NNIDsave.

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
Okay, so I already have two 3DSes with custom firmware. One of them is banned. Right now, neither has an NNID linked to it.

If I do a system transfer from the banned 3DS to the one that isn't banned, would it let me link my original NNID to the target 3DS, assuming the ban doesn't transfer?

On the banned console, I've unbanned it with method 2, modified SecureInfo_A and injected a blank NNIDsave.
I'm not entirely sure, so I don't want to say yes. That's why I suggested just calling Nintendo.

RednaxelaNnamtra

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I was talking about wiping the nnidsave. That just clears the ID from the system so that a new one can be linked. I know all of this. I said it's not possible to unlink the account without performing a system transfer or calling Nintendo. Unlinking ≠ deleting. Even when NNID Settings gives you the option to "unlink" the account all it's doing is clearing the nnidsave.
Oh sorry, because you said: "Deleting it from System Settings just wipes your nnidsave." I was thinking you meant deleting in the nnid settings, because if you delete it there, it is gone, but if you do a sytem format, it realy doesn't unlink it.

gamemasteru03

Nintendo nerd
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I will let you know what happens when I do the transfer to the new 3dsxl and if that would work.

gamemasteru03

Nintendo nerd
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are there enough detailed reports to know it actually does nothing? We should do some tests on that too, but maybe after we figure out how does the ban transfer work.
I just did it! Nothing happend I did method 3 and reagind aeshop ascess and then transfered from banned old3dsxl to new3dsxl the new 3dsxl has no ban at all.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I cannot unban myself since I can't even lauch Decrypt 9... Nice. My 3ds ccan go into the garbage now.
Do you have a9lh? I would highley reccomend you install it if you dont.

ProbHotGrill

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Is there a reason it won't let me inject SecureInfo_A? I successfully injected a new friendcode_A and NNID but the SecureInfo_A gives me
"Searching for SecureInfo_A...
Found at 0E534000, size 273KB
No usable file found
Inject SecureInfo_A: failed!" message.

Miniminho

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Didn't know where to ask, so I will just do it here, after using method 3, can I still generate a FC to add friends and stuff without a problem?

gamemasteru03

Nintendo nerd
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a reason it won't let me inject SecureInfo_A? I successfully injected a new friendcode_A and NNID but the SecureInfo_A gives me
"Searching for SecureInfo_A...
Found at 0E534000, size 273KB
No usable file found
Inject SecureInfo_A: failed!" message.
Make sure you have latest decrypt 9 then redump the secureinfo A and modeify but make sure you have luma as a cfw then inject.

CompC

Trophies
Website
josh.birnholz.com
XP
Country
United States
I just did it! Nothing happend I did method 3 and reagind aeshop ascess and then transfered from banned old3dsxl to new3dsxl the new 3dsxl has no ban at all.

Since the New 3DS XL is not banned, and your NNID accounts should have transferred, can you log into your original NNID that you were using before the system was banned?

I also tried doing a system transfer from my banned 3DS to my unbanned 3DS… Nothing happened. The system transfer didn't work. Both systems say I can't do another system transfer for 7 days, but nothing actually transferred. The source (banned) system was formatted, and the target (never banned) system just has a blank home menu, like it was formatted too.

The ban stayed on the source system. Since both systems appear to be formatted, it's a good thing I had NAND backups so I could read my old data again. Maybe I'll try again in 7 more days?

Last edited by CompC,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Rye would get shot at sight.