Homebrew ALL 3 Methods to get unbanned from recent ban wave

Did this unban you and if so which method did?

• Total voters

gamemasteru03

Nintendo nerd
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Updated the guide to tell the "i am not banned winers" to leave.

In other news thinking of making these changes would like to know everybody's opinion
1)Seperate 002 unban and 022 unban instructions(I wanted to do this so method 3 users could easily update to a new seed)
2)Maybe add the blank nnid save back?(The mods removed it but a crud load of other guides have this)
3)Maybe add video back(The mods removed this too even though another guide has it)
4)Add secure info A modefication support(This was what was calling all those bricks by people doing bad modefications)
5)Clean up the guide in a few ways

gamemasteru03

Nintendo nerd
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The guide has been updated to 2.0 heres the patch notes:

1)Split 002 and 022 unbanning instructions

2)Helpful tips with modifying of secure info A in order to cause less bricks

2)Masive guide clean up!!! including double spacing!!!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Thank you all for the support and enjoy this update!!!

Reactions: Luckkill4u

Daniel Sahr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the guide! I got up to the part where I am trying to relink my NNID. I followed the guide, deleted the NNID on my not banned 3ds, but on the banned 3ds, whenever I go to eShop->System settings to link a new NNID I get error code 026-3221. Please Advise!

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the guide! I got up to the part where I am trying to relink my NNID. I followed the guide, deleted the NNID on my not banned 3ds, but on the banned 3ds, whenever I go to eShop->System settings to link a new NNID I get error code 026-3221. Please Advise!
You can't link a new NNID. Your console's ID is permanently banned.

Reactions: GilgameshArcher

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
So then what does the section called "Relinking NNID" do? If I can't relink it, but I called Nintendo, and gave them the new serial number that I made in SecureInfoA, would that work?
No, that won't work. I don't even know why that section is even in this. It won't work due to your device ID being banned. Calling Nintendo won't do any good either. You need to inject an unbanned CTCert and DeviceID into the ITCM of your banned console, but there's currently no public way of doing this.

gamemasteru03

Nintendo nerd
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, that won't work. I don't even know why that section is even in this. It won't work due to your device ID being banned. Calling Nintendo won't do any good either. You need to inject an unbanned CTCert and DeviceID into the ITCM of your banned console, but there's currently no public way of doing this.

Yeah;it seems it is working for nobody so I am going to remove it.

Daniel Sahr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I found a reddit post that also says it was successful, but I guess not. I'm going to assume formatting will do nothing to fix it either. Oh well.

Yeah;it seems it is working for nobody so I am going to remove it.
It's fine man, at least the rest of the guide works. Thanks a million for your help, I guess I will need to go out and buy a new 3ds.

gamemasteru03

Nintendo nerd
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I found a reddit post that also says it was successful, but I guess not. I'm going to assume formatting will do nothing to fix it either. Oh well.

It's fine man, at least the rest of the guide works. Thanks a million for your help, I guess I will need to go out and buy a new 3ds.
It was'nt just you it was every person who did it; Not so sure how the op on that reddit post did it.

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
That post is lying then. You can't even fully unlink an NNID without doing a system transfer or calling Nintendo. Deleting it from System Settings just wipes your nnidsave. Nintendo's servers still show the ID as linked to the console, though. Attempting to inject the nnidsave from an unbanned 3DS without fully unlinking it is what's causing that error, and if you do unlink it, your banned console will get 022-2812 again because the device ID is banned.

Last edited by Joom,

gamemasteru03

Nintendo nerd
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think that has been disproven also, because all that does is swap your moveable.sed
I also believe those people are talking crap but I can confirm this tommrow when I do a systransfer to my new 3ds.

That post is lying then. You can't even fully unlink an NNID without doing a system transfer or calling Nintendo. Deleting it from System Settings just wipes your nnidsave. Nintendo's servers still show the ID as linked to the console, though. Attempting to inject the nnidsave from an unbanned 3DS without fully unlinking it is what's causing that error, and if you do unlink it, your banned console will get 022-2812 again because the device ID is banned.
Wait so I injected a modefied secure info A and blank nnid save. So if I did a sysytransfer to my new 3ds would I be able to link my old nnid?

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
I think that has been disproven also, because all that does is swap your moveable.sed
I also believe those people are talking crap but I can confirm this tommrow when I do a systransfer to my new 3ds.
I don't necessarily think it's untrue since this seems to only work if you don't modify the Secureinfo_A of your banned console, and a good chunk of people have claimed it works. There just hasn't been enough rigorous testing due to the lack of hardware for testing or ambition.

Wait so I injected a modefied secure info A and blank nnid save. So if I did a sysytransfer to my new 3ds would I be able to link my old nnid?
If you system transfer you should be able to use your old NNID on your new console, but your old one won't get unbanned.

gamemasteru03

Nintendo nerd
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't necessarily think it's untrue since this seems to only work if you don't modify the Secureinfo_A of your banned console, and a good chunk of people have claimed it works. There just hasn't been enough rigorous testing due to the lack of hardware for testing or ambition.

If you system transfer you should be able to use your old NNID on your new console, but your old one won't get unbanned.
Wait that makes no sense to me because wouldnt my nnid be dead because I modefied secure info A and injected a blank nnid save? So my nnid isn't stored on my secure info A?

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
Wait that makes no sense to me because wouldnt my nnid be dead because I modefied secure info A and injected a blank nnid save? So my nnid isn't stored on my secure info A?
No. Your Secureinfo_A just contains your console's serial. It's most likely not even necessary to modify it, but we do it anyway just to be safe. Your NNID isn't banned (unless of course you went trolling on Miiverse or something). Like I said, Nintendo's servers still show that the ID is tied to your banned console even if you wipe the local save data for it. There's no possible way of fully unlinking your ID without calling them or doing a system transfer.

Reactions: GilgameshArcher

gamemasteru03

Nintendo nerd
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No. Your Secureinfo_A just contains your console's serial. It's most likely not even necessary to modify it, but we do it anyway just to be safe. Your NNID isn't banned (unless of course you went trolling on Miiverse or something). Like I said, Nintendo's servers still show that the ID is tied to your banned console even if you wipe the local save data for it. There's no possible way of fully unlinking your ID without calling them or doing a system transfer.
oh I see so I should be able to link my nnid that I had before I got banned to my new 3ds after transfer.

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
oh I see so I should be able to link my nnid that I had before I got banned to my new 3ds after transfer.
Yes. Or you could just call them and request that it be unlinked. They'll ask you a few questions about your purchase history, what the color and model is of your old system, what your display name is, and so on. It usually takes about two business days for it to go through.

Reactions: gamemasteru03

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: This parrot is no more it has ceased to be!