Gaming [Akiyo]Timeline of everyone's DS.

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
-Learned about the DS back in 2004
-Never got interested in purchasing a DS, and thus, didn't do anything.
-Bought a DSL in 2007
-Bought Elite Beat Agents and Pokemon Diamond as my first games.
-Bought a Supercard DSone SDHC in March of 2008.
-Since 2009, I started buying most of my video games, and thus currently own 9 DS games.
-About to replace the DSL's case with a custom case, and might replace the battery.

BoxShot

Chiyo-chan :3
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
2005 or was it 2006 - got a DS phat with Advance Wars Dual Strike
2005-2008 - bought roughly 9 games total for the DS
December 2008 - Joined GBAtemp
January 2009 - My acekard 2.1 + 4gb class 4 kingston from DX arrived. Took 1 month. Oh and started posting on GBAtemp.
February 2009 and on - Saving up for a DSi + DSi compatible.
June 30, 2009 - Playing RnR 3 Red Joker undubbed by me.
biggrin.gif

Kinda rough, don't remember everything/might be at the wrong time.

Akiyo

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Update: Beat RnR and Shin Megami Tensei together in one day. Starting new game plus in Shin Megami Tensei for the 3rd time, attempting to unlock everything possible on RnR.

hova1

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
i'm not sure what really triggered me to concider a DS, i think i saw something of Ouendan and i liked the gameplay of it.

-in response to above, sometime in summer '07 i looked up piracy of PSP and DS, i saw all this R4 threads at a german board, so somehow i decided to get one.
-October '07 i finally bought one but the R4 i ordered didn't arrive so i canceled the order and bought it at a real shop in a town near me. Since then, nothing has really changed. I ordered styli and a cool Dragon Quest pouche for it.

DS lite = BEST DEDCISION I EVER MADE CONCERNING VIDEO GAMES.

Shakraka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
-Found out about the DS when I still had my GBA SP
-Bought a DS phat on release day
-Bought WarioWare: Touched and beat it the same day I got it.
-Bought Goldeneye: Rouge Agent
-Raged
-Bought Mario Kart DS
-Played the fuck out of it until I got my ass handed to me on Wifi
-Didn't play for a looooong time
-After a loooong time (around 2007) heard about the totally awesome R4DS (remember, this was back in 2007) and bought one
-Played the fuck out of my DS

ZeroEXE93

Trophies
Website
ep.ipbfree.com
XP
Country
United States
November 2004 - DS came out. I didn't really care much for it at the time, and I couldn't find it anywhere.
January 2005 - Finally decided to buy the DS Phat along with Super Mario 64 DS.
March 2006 - DSL released.
April 2006 - DSPhat stolen along with my favorite GBA game (Mega Man Battle Network 3).
sleep.gif

June 2006 - Bought white DSLite.
~2007 - Got R4.
Summer 2008 - DSLite shoulder buttons died, hinge broke. D:
November 2008 - Bought Gold Zelda DSL during Black Friday.
December 2008 - Got a Cyclo.
April 2009 - DSi released
July 2009 (Current) - DSL's shoulder buttons are starting to wear out again...

Amici

ex trey, city skull, am I are?
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
October 2008 - Finally bought myself a DS Lite after owning a phat PSP for years, buying a slightly used Pokemon D/P Limited Edition Black DS Lite, along with CycloDS Evolution, and an 8gb Sandisk MicroSDHC. Nothing's changed from my pirating set-up up to now
smile.gif

December 2008 - Downloaded a complete NDS ROMs torrent from a popular torrent site, and burned them to around 15 DVDs worth of NDS Games for archiving and collection. The DVDs are now up to 18 discs.

April 2009 - Bought one of those cheapo extending stylus for my DSL. Also bought a polycarbonate crystal case to customize design of DSL.

June 2009 - Bit the bullet, bought a PDA Panache Nintendo DS Lite Pro Stylus.

Future - Planning to buy some medium to high-end in-ear headphones for use with my DS.

KingdomBlade

Blade v3+ (I R SHMEXY)
Trophies
Website
meekpicture.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Early 2000- Got a prehistoric nintendo object (forgot the name)
December 2002- Got my Game Boy Advance
Large Time Skip
Late 2008- Got my DS Lite with a TTDS and a 1 GB Micro SD Card
1 week later- Replaced with a 2 GB Micro SD Card
January 2009- Discovered GBAtemp
April 2009- Joined GBAtemp.
2 weeks later- Lost my Micro SD
2 days later- Got a new Micro SD
5 Days later- Switched to YSMenu
1 week later- Switched to YSMenu with Moonshell 2
May 2009- Got another Micro SD
Future- Going to buy an Acekard 2i on December. (Birthday and Christmas)

Loginer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Early 2004 - Learned about the DS.
11th of March, 2005 - Bought the DS Phat.
23rd of June, 2006 - Sold my Phat, bought the DS Lite (white).

Late March, 2007 - Bought the R4DS, effectively expanding my tiny library of 5 games to about 500 games, introducing me to short single-player games, and turning my DS from "that boring thing with about 10 decent games" into "the best handheld I've ever owned". It's served me well so far, although the lack of SDHC support is disappointing. The Acekard I received from this site a while ago freezes all the time, and I can't be bothered to buy a new flash cart.

August 2007 - Imported another DS Lite (silver) after the hinge on my first one broke for the fourth time. No problems with this one so far.

naglaro00

Mildly disturbed
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
2007-2008 - I had a PSP and I thought "WOAH DIS BEH ROXORS WOOT WOOT" but I really want a DS too because it has Mario and then I saw my best friend's DS... and his Doki Doki Majo Shinpan on his R4... then I was like :wtf: So there.... I wanted a DS
2008-2009 - My parents applied me for Philippine Science High School and said if I pass I get a DS (Of course I passed
tongue.gif
) so I got a DS
Present - Badly wanting a FFIV Hori case...

KingdomBlade

Blade v3+ (I R SHMEXY)
Trophies
Website
meekpicture.blogspot.com
XP
Country
What! You passed PSci?! I didn't..
cry.gif

It was so annoying.............

mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
I hate freaking PSci!

It was easy, but hard to pass. Even the number one at our school (and my best friend) didn't pass. One guy did, but I have no idea why...

Sorry for being offtopic... I'm just pissed.

Where were we... right timeline of my DS.

Oops, I forgot about when I bought my Blackhorn Case. I should add that.

naglaro00

Mildly disturbed
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
KingdomBlade said:
cry.gif

mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
I hate freaking PSci!

It was easy, but hard to pass. Even the number one at our school (and my best friend) didn't pass. One guy did, but I have no idea why...

May I ask you one question? What was your school?
Your case was like mine. The smart jerks(yes, jerks, bottomholes, mga mahilig mangasar) never got in. Then some random guy passed. That random guy was me.

Blackiris

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Heh, I never had a chance to go to PSci to begin with! You know why? Because I missed the damn entrance exam date by the time I realized I had to enter school
rofl2.gif

Like I mind, since I love being a true Blue Eagle anyway. =)

So enough with the Philippines-only references, timeline of my DS, hmm...I can't remember specific dates, but I know how I got so intent on buying one.

It was about 2008-2009 when a friend of mine actually let me borrow his Crimson Red (or just red? XD) DS Lite. Back then, I didn't care much about the DS and anything to do with it. I just knew it as the console after the GBAs, GBA SPs and GBMs. That was until I discovered the homebrew scene. You see, my friend's DS already had a legit R4 in it. But he never bothered to do anything else but play games on it. Well, that was how I discovered the Phoenix Wright series (another reason why I bought myself a DS, but not the main resaon) but still it was the homebrew scene that got me. The moment I found out that you could emulate SNES, GB/C, Genesis, NES and other systems, that you could play Quake, that you could play a DS version of Lemmings, Doom and more, I was instantly hooked right then and there. And was fully intent on buying a Cobalt Blue DS Lite and an R4, knowing EXACTLY what to do with it.

Well, fast-forwarding to the present, I now have the said Cobalt Blue DS Lite, an R4 Original, a DSTT and an EDGE. I look everywhere in the Philippines for different flashcarts other than what I have. Heck, I even have a locally bought Slot-2 device (ELINK) I was lucky enough to get my hands on, since my parents are way too strict and I can't buy anything from the internet.

And with that, I can say, that I really love the DS Scene and look forward to what else it may bring.
cool.gif

KingdomBlade

Blade v3+ (I R SHMEXY)
Trophies
Website
meekpicture.blogspot.com
XP
Country
naglaro00 said:
KingdomBlade said:
cry.gif

mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
I hate freaking PSci!

May I ask you one question? What was your school?
Your case was like mine. The smart jerks(yes, jerks, bottomholes, mga mahilig mangasar) never got in. Then some random guy passed. That random guy was me.

I was number 4 at our school. It wasn't public, so don't worry. It's the only private boys school in the city, which is Marikina. It's called Marist. And my best friend is not a jerk. He's just... um.. well.. um... kinda... very... smart. And he is not a bad person! There are people who I hate who are way worse. My friend only does that as a counter. To the annoying people at our school. And the guy that passed wasn't random. He's at the top ten, but not at the top 5.

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
November 2006 - Heard of the DS, wanting one
December 2006 - Heard of flashcarts (when the first SD ones were the last thing on the block), bought DS later, Nintendogs bundle
February 2007 - After two entire months of non-stop Nintendogs, my SuperCard SD finally arrives. A new world of gaming begins
May 2007 - Got a SuperCard miniSD. Flush fit. SO NICE.
December 2007 - Got a DSLite. Was waiting for a Slot-1 flashcard, so I still continued to use my DS Classic.
June 2008 - Got a Slot-1 flashcard, a SuperCard DSOne. I finally start using my DSLite. Could never return to the Classic.

Poor DSLite, unused for that much of time
frown.gif

I still dunno if to get a DSi. I'd love to get one when it's hacked, though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: LOL