Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hi lozed, thanks for the link. I've read it through and the most applying is:
DSTwo+ROM (Sonic Rush)+ WiFi turned off: 3hrs 18mins
AK2i + ROM (Sonic Rush) + WiFi turned off: 3hrs 24mins

A few minutes time difference isn't worth mentioning. Since the DSTWO is such a praised card I'll just wait it out. Playing GBA and SNES also on it makes it that much sweater for her I think. I'll just have to wait and see. I just hope it'll ship soon and make it here within 2 weeks for her birthday.

And you're right. It's getting offtopic. My apologies...

YukiJudai91

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I love the AK team
biggrin.gif

Chaosruler

Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
X1pheR said:
Thanks for all the answers. I did searched but didn't came across the battery issue. That's a real turn point. Since it's for my daugther of 6 years old she's be playing a lot on the DSi. But if the time to play gets cut in half then it's not a solution for her. I'll raise a ticket with shoptemp asking them to change the order to Acekard 2i instead I guess. What do you guys think?

For the DSL you can get a 2000 mAh battery, but for the DSi only a 840 mAh. So upgrading that is also no option. I'm strongly thinking about changing the order now. I don't want my daughter to only have 2 - 3 hours of play.
it's 2-3 hours of gameplay for over 4 year old DS, that's a VERY different case then a new DSi, just think of the advantages of AKAIO (low power consumption, good homebrew comp list, decent soft reset technique [which flawed recently?], decent support by Normmatt for games)

and think of the advantages of Supercard DSTwo (iDS anti piracy, emulators, blabla, iPlayer, iReader) and think what is it you need more? don't jump the gun instantly or you'll regret it

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Another World said:
Please Note:
There is a small glitch in the WIFI Plug-in packaged with AKAIO 1.8.x. Read 'HERE' for more information and an updated download of the WIFI Plug-in.
This only affects 1.8.0, not 1.8.x.
The AKAIO 1.8.1 package already includes the WiFi plugin update.

X1pheR

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Chaosruler said:
it's 2-3 hours of gameplay for over 4 year old DS, that's a VERY different case then a new DSi, just think of the advantages of AKAIO (low power consumption, good homebrew comp list, decent soft reset technique [which flawed recently?], decent support by Normmatt for games)

and think of the advantages of Supercard DSTwo (iDS anti piracy, emulators, blabla, iPlayer, iReader) and think what is it you need more? don't jump the gun instantly or you'll regret it
Thanks for summing it all up. According to the stats from Cannonfoddr the drainage between DSTWO and AK2i aren't that wide apart. Even though some say they do. But even though it's handy to have it all sum up. Even though I've already ordered the DSTWO, I'm leaning towards the AK2i now...

trumpet-205

Embrace the darkness within
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Thing is, Cannonfoddr's test is done on Max settings. When I used my DS2 on my DSi XL with second low brightness, it drains roughly two hours of joy juice from it. I only use mine DS2 to play DS game BTW.

Chaosruler

Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
X1pheR said:
Chaosruler said:

Thanks for summing it all up. According to the stats from Cannonfoddr the drainage between DSTWO and AK2i aren't that wide apart. Even though some say they do. But even though it's handy to have it all sum up. Even though I've already ordered the DSTWO, I'm leaning towards the AK2i now...
the battery power is calculated in Watts, which are represented in amount of energy (Jouls) wasted per second, therefore it's Volts*Ampher, since Volts=Ampher*Resistence, then Resistence = Volts/Ampher, am I correct? the DSTwo has more resistence then the DS itself - meaning it wastes more Volts per ampher, it can be either the Ampher decreasing which would affect the whole system or the volts increasing, the amount of energy is the missing one, therefore the DSTwo by itself wastes MORE battery then the DS does, however the AK2i takes as much as nothing to run (not literally, just much much less then the DSTwo), maybe Cannonfoddr doesn't see small amount of watts wasted as a big issue, but that's per second, imagine per hour or even few hours? that's the real gap between the DSTwo and the AK2i, I have to say that sincever I tried the DSTwo (and still am due to new oriented apps to DSTwo/homebrew dedicated to DSTwo's processor) and I had to get different means of the red light in the DS battery indicator, on Ak2i it meant "you got a bit time to finish your game, but you gotta remember that I won't last forever", on DSTwo it means "Save and exit, because I am gonna blooow"

NinjaMic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
twiztidsinz said:
Another World said:
Please Note:
There is a small glitch in the WIFI Plug-in packaged with AKAIO 1.8.x. Read 'HERE' for more information and an updated download of the WIFI Plug-in.
This only affects 1.8.0, not 1.8.x.
The AKAIO 1.8.1 package already includes the WiFi plugin update.
Was just about to ask about that. Thanks

tomrev

Trophies
Website
www.buycheapipodshop.com
XP
Country
United States
Chaosruler said:
X1pheR said:
Chaosruler said:

the battery power is calculated in Watts, which are represented in amount of energy (Jouls) wasted per second, therefore it's Volts*Ampher, since Volts=Ampher*Resistence, then Resistence = Volts/Ampher, am I correct? the DSTwo has more resistence then the DS itself - meaning it wastes more Volts per ampher, it can be either the Ampher decreasing which would affect the whole system or the volts increasing, the amount of energy is the missing one, therefore the DSTwo by itself wastes MORE battery then the DS does, however the AK2i takes as much as nothing to run (not literally, just much much less then the DSTwo), maybe Cannonfoddr doesn't see small amount of watts wasted as a big issue, but that's per second, imagine per hour or even few hours? that's the real gap between the DSTwo and the AK2i, I have to say that sincever I tried the DSTwo (and still am due to new oriented apps to DSTwo/homebrew dedicated to DSTwo's processor) and I had to get different means of the red light in the DS battery indicator, on Ak2i it meant "you got a bit time to finish your game, but you gotta remember that I won't last forever", on DSTwo it means "Save and exit, because I am gonna blooow"
Your description is very good in scientific aspect but not hard to understand. I would add that effect of half battery life every 500 cycles charge times. DSTWO users will suffer by their batteries will died soon than other flashcard users because of power consumption accelerate cycles charge times effect in the future.

Schlupi

Gbatemp's Official Earthbound Maniac™
Trophies
Website
Starmen.net
XP
Country
United States
Thanks again, AKAIO Team. Great work as always.
happy.gif

Question, though. All of my custom skins no longer work with this update... well, they work, but all the calendar and time on the top screen disappear. Anybody know what's up with that?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COua5q4CByg