AKAIO v1.8.1

X1pheR

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Seeing that AKAIO is so actively updated I'm wondering...
In 2 weeks its my daughters birthday and yesterday I was in doubt on getting Acekard 2i or DSTWO. I ended up ordering DSTWO at shoptemp (and hopefully it will be delivered before her birthday
smile.gif
). Did I make the right decision? From what I could find DSTWO had a strong upperhand above AKAIO but now I'm not so sure anymore. Sorry if it's a little offtopic...

lolzed

The GBAtemp Pichu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Aye,if you had the money(which you did) and wanted the extra features,'twas a good decision.Don't forget 99% of all games work on the DSTWO flawlessly.

EyeZ

Trophies
XP
I didn't expect to see this when i logged on this morning, the need to use the ap bypass for SS has indeed been eliminated, great update and thank you.

xalphax

Internet killed the Ponystar.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Croatia
X1pheR said:
Seeing that AKAIO is so actively updated I'm wondering...
In 2 weeks its my daughters birthday and yesterday I was in doubt on getting Acekard 2i or DSTWO. I ended up ordering DSTWO at shoptemp (and hopefully it will be delivered before her birthday
smile.gif
). Did I make the right decision? From what I could find DSTWO had a strong upperhand above AKAIO but now I'm not so sure anymore. Sorry if it's a little offtopic...

I just ordered both, flashcarts are cheap as chips these days, my first flashkit cost $150.

Chaosruler

Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
lolzed said:
Aye,if you had the money(which you did) and wanted the extra features,'twas a good decision.Don't forget 99% of all games work on the DSTWO flawlessly.
Pichu should remember that DSTwo takes twice as much battery (well, even more then the Nintendo DS actually!), is failhard at soft reset homebrew and tends to fail with cheap microSD's where AKAIO is built to even be stablized with those cheap microSD's, take as less power is possible, have it's so-much-superior-to-any-flash-card cheat engine be updated along with it's new intro remover and all positive addresses well emulation (under 800000h)

P.S: Aye? since when are you "Happy"?

Clookster

Your Clookster
Banned
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Swaziland
Chaosruler said:
Pichu should remember that DSTwo takes twice as much battery (well, even more then the Nintendo DS actually!), is failhard at soft reset homebrew and tends to fail with cheap microSD's where AKAIO is built to even be stablized with those cheap microSD's, take as less power is possible, have it's so-much-superior-to-any-flash-card cheat engine be updated along with it's new intro remover and all positive addresses well emulation (under 800000h)

Thanks for pointing this out! That's important!

Akaio: #1 for DS gameplay

Thanks to Normmatt, Smiths & the team.

Shabutie78

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
strange, i get stuck on a black screen every time i try to soft reset.
AKAIO 1.8.1 HWID: 81

i tried the gparted trick which usually fixes any soft reset issues, but the problem is still there.
it happens on every one of my games.

after saying "Loading..." the screen flashes black and i'm stuck on a black screen.
anyone else have any issues?

Chaosruler

Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
Clookster said:
Chaosruler said:

Thanks for pointing this out! That's important!

Akaio: #1 for DS gameplay

Thanks to Normmatt, Smiths & the team.
I have my doubts that no one knew that before, to get to this site you gotta start researching, if you research you get to those results, it's like asking you to get to the moon without any venichles (and no, don't tell me you will throw out a pokeball and fly with a Charizard)

Clookster

Your Clookster
Banned
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Swaziland
Chaosruler said:
I have my doubts that no one knew that before, to get to this site you gotta start researching, if you research you get to those results, it's like asking you to get to the moon without any venichles (and no, don't tell me you will throw out a pokeball and fly with a Charizard)

I think we should do more research on that battery issue with DSTwo.

A normal DSi can be used ~4 hours (with my settings)

But only ~2 hours, I mean: You can't use the DSi anymore in a bus or train.

We really need some facts behind this now (sorry for my english).

Shabutie78

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Shabutie78 said:

i tried the gparted trick which usually fixes any soft reset issues, but the problem is still there.

after saying "Loading..." the screen flashes black and i'm stuck on a black screen.

also, i'm on a dsi xl.

Chaosruler

Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
Clookster said:
Chaosruler said:

I think we should do more research on that battery issue with DSTwo.

A normal DSi can be used ~4 hours (with my settings)

But only ~2 hours, I mean: You can't use the DSi anymore in a bus or train.

We really need some facts behind this now (sorry for my english).

testing it on my DS Lite is hopeless as
1. most possible DSTwo owners use DSi
2. my battery is nearly dead (as in, the amount of hours it's on is just decreasing and soon I won't be able to recharge it)

I am more then willing to check it out and even use external hardware to give exact time with different brightness/volume settings, but I don't have a DSi and my battery stands 4 hours with an acekard anyhow, of course we can just ask Team Supercard the total resistence of the Supercard DSTwo and add it to the DS's average assumed-resistence to get average timing

Shabutie78 said:
QUOTE(Shabutie78 @ Oct 18 2010, 03:58 AM)

also, i'm on a dsi xl.
Contacts issue? try the paper trick/blow to the slot-1

Shabutie78

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it's not contact issues, i have the piece of paper inside my acekard. it wasn't a problem with 1.7.1/1.8.0 :/

taktularCBo

Trophies
XP
Country
France
QUOTE said:
Technical reasons:

The official GBATemp CheatDB came back online right at crunch time for our release window. I quickly readded support for it, but the assholes at GBATemp changed up the version of ZIP they use for the file. The ZIP Header is 1 byte different the defacto standard ZIP header. So, I had tomake a separate header for Official Cheat updates, and I only put 1 check in for it.

from Akaido Forums(Wifi Plugin)
grog.gif
grog.gif
grog.gif
grog.gif
grog.gif
grog.gif
grog.gif
grog.gif
grog.gif
grog.gif
grog.gif

http://www.akaio.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=672

Shabutie78

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
taktularCBo said:
QUOTE said:
Technical reasons:

The official GBATemp CheatDB came back online right at crunch time for our release window. I quickly readded support for it, but the assholes at GBATemp changed up the version of ZIP they use for the file. The ZIP Header is 1 byte different the defacto standard ZIP header. So, I had tomake a separate header for Official Cheat updates, and I only put 1 check in for it.

from Akaido Forums(Wifi Plugin)
grog.gif
grog.gif
grog.gif
grog.gif
grog.gif
grog.gif
grog.gif
grog.gif
grog.gif
grog.gif
grog.gif

http://www.akaio.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=672
inb4it'scoldinhere.

edit:
also, just fixed my soft reset issue.
not sure what it was, but reformatting 5+ times definitely helped.

X1pheR

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Thanks for all the answers. I did searched but didn't came across the battery issue. That's a real turn point. Since it's for my daugther of 6 years old she's be playing a lot on the DSi. But if the time to play gets cut in half then it's not a solution for her. I'll raise a ticket with shoptemp asking them to change the order to Acekard 2i instead I guess. What do you guys think?

For the DSL you can get a 2000 mAh battery, but for the DSi only a 840 mAh. So upgrading that is also no option. I'm strongly thinking about changing the order now. I don't want my daughter to only have 2 - 3 hours of play.

lolzed

The GBAtemp Pichu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
X1pheR said:
Thanks for all the answers. I did searched but didn't came across the battery issue. That's a real turn point. Since it's for my daugther of 6 years old she's be playing a lot on the DSi. But if the time to play gets cut in half then it's not a solution for her. I'll raise a ticket with shoptemp asking them to change the order to Acekard 2i instead I guess. What do you guys think?

For the DSL you can get a 2000 mAh battery, but for the DSi only a 840 mAh. So upgrading that is also no option. I'm strongly thinking about changing the order now. I don't want my daughter to only have 2 - 3 hours of play.
http://gbatemp.net/t240927-how-much-do-fla...-life?&st=0

Definitely not half(to those misleading).If you use the in-game menu frequently,it DOES cut it to half,but only if you use it a lot.You can save it if you set brighness to 3,and let the roms run clean(so less battery drain)

Also,topic going off-topic,start a new thread if ever.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZbUuSmFgMo