• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ROM Troll

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Will you gentlemen try to resolve AK2s multi-play issues or is that outside the menu and loading systems. AK2s work with very few multi-play games when more than one AK2 are used within the group of players.

kirby145

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it possible to have 32 bit bmp for skins or why is this limitation her anyway...?

edit: for background images and such

mastodon81

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
QUOTE said:
The save bug was just a stupid mistake, it will be fixed in 1.1, sorry about any inconveniences this bug has caused anyone.

Thanks again! Acekard rpg is great because of your work!

Smiths

AKAIO Person of Interest TAGS ARE THE BEST
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
www.gamergeddon.com
XP
Country
United States
jaywilson said:
just little things like X isnt to make cheats
you have to go into start>more->cheats..

I was using my M3 Simply again and liked the whole "if a ROM has cheats, a button appears when you select the file" thing it does.
So, I added that to the ROM Info screen, but only if you're using a .DAT file for your cheats (XML is too slow to do it). So upon viewing the ROM Info, if it has cheats, a button will appear in the cheat window that lets you load the cheat menu right there (and it's right in "thumb pressing" range).

If y'all haven't grasped by now, the M3 Simply is my absolute favorite card with the simplest, but more effective GUI. If I can "clone" some form of a feature, I will.

The Start Menu "cheats" is still in there so you can "force" the going to the cheat menu, since the "auto-button" just uses the cheat DB you selected as the default (Rayden/Narin's USRCHEAT.DAT by default)

dib

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Normmatt said:
The save bug was just a stupid mistake, it will be fixed in 1.1, sorry about any inconveniences this bug has caused anyone.
Glad to hear it + thanks for the work on the loader, I like some of the common sense elements like the cheat menu organization.

Raki

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
just a question...this loader is for acekard 2 and RPG

atm I've got a AK 2, but I will soon get a AK RPG...can I just put the akmenu4.nds and the __aio folder from my micro SD card on the NAND memory and have to change nothing more? Like convert saves etc?

Normmatt

Former AKAIO Programmer
Trophies
Website
normmatt.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
You can just copy your akmenu4.nds and __aio folder too the nand and it will work on the akrpg without changing any settings. Save files might be an issue as the AK2 by default uses 512kb for saves, the AKRPG uses only the space required by the specific save type.

Kellicros

Trophies
XP
Country
VatoLoco said:
@ kellicros, I had a little trouble running AIO on my AK2. This is what I did
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=942...t&p=1270157

I usually have my SDHC fprmatted with the Panasonic formatter.

I couldnt get AIO to run utill I used the windows formatter on my card.

For some reason AIO doesnt like how Panasonic formats.
Very strange, but it works now, thanks for the tips! Yes, I used Panasonic formatter to format my card previously.

Searinox

"Dances" with Dragons
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Am I part of the minority who voted PANCAKES? I must be special.
frown.gif

VatoLoco

Don't crush that dwarf, hand me the pliers.
Trophies
Website
www.backwoodzstudioz.com
XP
Country
United States
Normmatt said:
You can just copy your akmenu4.nds and __aio folder too the nand and it will work on the akrpg without changing any settings. Save files might be an issue as the AK2 by default uses 512kb for saves, the AKRPG uses only the space required by the specific save type.

I recently got an RPG, and all my AK2 saves have worked.
The RPG overwrites the 512kb saves to the various sizes it uses.

....and for the record, WAFFLES.

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It's got several features that Bliss doesn't have, like making save backups.

Bliss currently has a few options that the current AIO doesn't have like the ability to use external loaders, but AIO will have them in the next release.

The only feature I can think of that Bliss has and AIO doesn't have is the ability to shut down the DS.

-Bri

Gevexx

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Smiths said:
KnightFire said:
Gevexx said:
Is there a possibility to add Filename-based external icon support ? i want to give my GBA Games and/or Homebrew a nice Icon like the NDS ones.

Not meaning to hijack this thread but I second this request.

I defeat hijacking terrorists by telling you:

32x32 15-bit BMP (hi-color) with name of .bmp in the /__aio/icons/ or /__aio/ui//icons/ dir = items with extension of have that bmp as the icon.

We've had it for a lonnnnng time. It's just hard to make a readme featuring all the changes and yeah, some stuff should be documented.

notgayuo2.jpg

horrid pic, but there's a custom icon for TXT files.

I defeat counter hijacking terrorists by telling you:

I know that there is an icon support for extensions but i want to give an different icon for every single game/homebrew. For Example:

In your case every .txt file will have that... alien kinda thingy as the Icon. But i think it would be great if you could give one text file the alien thingy as an icon and another .txt file should have a monkey as an icon (for example). This way i could give every GBA game on my SD Card an unique icon to identify the game, just as the NDS ones.

Unless of course its already possible with the method you posted, then of course everything I said was bullshit.

Sorry for hijacking again ^^.

Smiths

AKAIO Person of Interest TAGS ARE THE BEST
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
www.gamergeddon.com
XP
Country
United States
Gevexx said:
I know that there is an icon support for extensions but i want to give an different icon for every single game/homebrew. For Example:

In your case every .txt file will have that... alien kinda thingy as the Icon. But i think it would be great if you could give one text file the alien thingy as an icon and another .txt file should have a monkey as an icon (for example). This way i could give every GBA game on my SD Card an unique icon to identify the game, just as the NDS ones.

For homebrew it'd be the programmer's duty (or yours with tools out there) to swap the icons in it.
As far as individual icons.... it's possible but really not in my interest to add per-say. The custom icons runs when it scans a directory, but it's really extension based and based on the /icons/ directory.

I'm a prick, though, and since I don't really use it my interest in coding it is very little. It's an idea that gets pushed to the "when I feel like coding but have nothing to code" list.

You should be really thankful it's a friggin' hot as balls day outside and I've been just in that "zone" for it. I just put in per-file icons.

It's similar-ish to pogoshell. Anything can have a custom icon, just make sure it's the same name as the file but with BMP extension. If a BMP exists in the same directory, it overrides all, including the internal icon.

Goddamn I'm in the zone far too much.

Normmatt

Former AKAIO Programmer
Trophies
Website
normmatt.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
Baroque Obama said:
Smiths said:
Goddamn I'm in the zone far too much.

will you be in the zone to put in slow motion?

I've said this before, Slow Motion won't be in AKAIO for awhile IF I ever bother to add it back at all. Adding features to constantly changing code isnt exactly what i want to have to do every update.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/IihvJBjUpNE?si=CsvoEbwzNKFf0GAm cool