Hacking Akaio isnt working with my acekard 2i

Masked Ranger

Trophies
XP
Country
It doesn't sound like it's a problem with AKAIO since you can select a game. Have you done any of the following:

Reformatted your sd card with the Panasonic Formatter?
Installed a fresh copy of AKAIO 1.8?
Checked if you have a clean game?
Turned on the AP setting for the game?
Tried any other game?

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Masked Ranger said:
It doesn't sound like it's a problem with AKAIO since you can select a game. Have you done any of the following:

Tried any other game?
I think he means the 'Danny Phantom'/'Alex Rider' game which should start the AceKard menu.

owlman

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Masked Ranger said:

Tried any other game?

Uh, when I turn it on it says touch screen to continue like a normal commercial game. Then it displays the menu on the bottom, but the top thing is just Blank. No text at all. I'm not talking about selecting a game through AKAIO, because like I said it doesn't work, I get the common clone problem of it being two white screens. Yes, it was 1.8.1 and I did extract the files to the root, you know the basics.

owlman

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
http://www.akaio.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=410

I have the acekard 2i

Looks like this from the back http://gbatemp.net/pix/111084/81frontshell.jpg

and when I remove the mirror sticker in the front it has a little circle in the middle.

I didn't open it completely where you can see the number of the chip, I don't know how to do that. What I know is that I put on the root of the card and the dual white screens I received. This is a prnt screen of what files I put http://img820.imageshack.us/content_round....51/41907448.png

EDIT 2: I think it's cause I didn't put a loader in. I didn't know you had to go to http://akaio.gbatemp.net/loaders/ and put the loader in the loaders folder. I have a DSTT so I just assmued it was similar, wow.

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
AKAIO always comes with a loader.
The loader update page is just that: an updated loader (if one exists, if none exist then it should be the current).

owlman said:
Uh, when I turn it on it says touch screen to continue like a normal commercial game. Then it displays the menu on the bottom, but the top thing is just Blank. No text at all. I'm not talking about selecting a game through AKAIO, because like I said it doesn't work, I get the common clone problem of it being two white screens. Yes, it was 1.8.1 and I did extract the files to the root, you know the basics.
It sounds like the problem is with your theme/skin.
I'd say to open up globalsettings.ini and change the line "uiName = Adv.EvoR" to: "uiName = Zelda"
Alternatively, you can download a new skin and put its folder into the __AIO\UI folder and put the skins folder name on the line.

The problem also sounds like what happens when you try to boot Wood on an AceKard2. But based on the files in your screen shot, this is not the case.
If you have a camera, taking a picture of your DS where the problem occurs might help.

Also, don't double/triple post if you can help it.

owlman

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Where would I locate the " globalsettings.ini " file? I don't see it anywhere.

I read up on that file, but yeah like I said: http://www.cabel.name/images-post/2006/03/ds-lite-8.jpg

Where it's supposed to say Mario, it's blank for me when I use the acekard 2i. So I don't see a globalsettings.ini in the _aio folder.

I've done some more research and it appears that it could be a faulty card. .com/forum/4/thread/93]http://www.[censored].com/forum/4/thread/93

There's been complaints about the same product.

owlman

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
twiztidsinz said:
owlman said:
i edited the post above. it didn't create that file and the place i bought it from has sent people defectives.
It doesn't create the file, it should be there from the start...
That it's NOT there could very well explain your problem.

Get a clean copy of AKAIO from: http://www.akaio.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=686

Uh, I dled it from file from filetrip, but anyway, I re downloaded it from the link above and placed everything accordingly and the file was still not created. Still think it's a defective.

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
owlman said:
twiztidsinz said:
owlman said:
i edited the post above. it didn't create that file and the place i bought it from has sent people defectives.

Get a clean copy of AKAIO from: http://www.akaio.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=686

Uh, I dled it from file from filetrip, but anyway, I re downloaded it from the link above and placed everything accordingly and the file was still not created. Still think it's a defective.
THE FILE IS NOT CREATED!
It is ALWAYS in the __AIO folder and I KNOW it is included in the archive I linked.
If you don't have it, you're not extracting the __AIO folder or not doing it correctly.

owlman

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
twiztidsinz said:
owlman said:
twiztidsinz said:
owlman said:

THE FILE IS NOT CREATED!
It is ALWAYS in the __AIO folder and I KNOW it is included in the archive I linked.
If you don't have it, you're not extracting the __AIO folder or not doing it correctly.
Regardless of whether it's created or not, the file IS NOT IN THE RAR EITHER
17073482.png

That's from when I downloaded it from the official forum. LITERALLY THE SAME AS THE ONE I DOWNLOADED FROM FILETRIP

In fact the AKAIO wiki even says this "This file will appear in the _aio directory after you run AKAIO for the first time. It is an .ini file which stores the settings listed below." Uh, Like I've SAID, AKAIO Doesn't START. IT IS BLANK TEXT.

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Copy/Paste this into Notepad and save it as globalsettings.ini
Code:
[system]
hiddenFileNames = __aio,__ak2,__rpg,akmenu4.nds,_system_,moonshl,moonshl2,svsip
uiName = Adv.EvoR
brightness = 1
language = 0
langDirectory = lang_en
fileListType = 0
romTrim = 1
downloadPlayPatch = 1
cheatingSystem = 1
resetInGame = 1
bypassAP = 0
Shortcut = 0
useFAS1 = 0
scrollSpeed = fast
viewMode = iconnoext
norMode3in1Exp = 0
rumbleStrength = 0
autorunWithLastRom=0
showHiddenFiles = 0
cheatsDB = fat0:/__aio/cheats/USRCHEAT.DAT
deleteSAVtoo = 0
copySAVtoo = 0
showWhatsNew = 0
cheatSite = 0
DATorXML = 0
saveExt = 1
scrollingCheats = 1
scrollspeed = 2
scrolldelay = 5
gbaSleepHack = 0
gbaAutoSave = 1
gbaSavePrompt = 0
GBASavedPSram = 0
GBASavedNOR = 0
hideExtension = 0
Show12hrClock = 0
sortListAlpha = 1
LockStartMenu = 0
previousfiles = 0
hbResetType = 1
Animation = 0

I thought it was always included in AKAIO, and if it's not and is supposed to be created then I'm not sure why it's not doing so for you.

owlman

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Same problem when I created the file. I still am going with the defect hunch. The retailer I purchased it from has sent defective cards out before, and I've emailed them accordingly. I even asked for someone else's globalsettings.ini file.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Link the Twink?