Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Another World said:
ExDee said:
I'm new to AK. Is AKAIO better than the regular firmware?

yes, and thats an honest answer. check out the akaio wiki to see what akaio does. then if you like run the official to see what that does. make up your own mind, but akaio is the better choice.

-another world
AK skins run on AKAIO?

Tomy Sakazaki

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
ShamusHand said:
Does this work with the DSi?
Read the wiki (another fixed topic), answer is there
wink.gif

ExDee said:
Another World said:
QUOTE(ExDee @ Apr 7 2009, 05:50 PM) I'm new to AK. Is AKAIO better than the regular firmware?

yes, and thats an honest answer. check out the akaio wiki to see what akaio does. then if you like run the official to see what that does. make up your own mind, but akaio is the better choice.

-another world
AK skins run on AKAIO?

Yes, almost same way, instead copying theme directory to __AK2/UI, copy to __AIO/UI =)

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Can someone else confirm if there's an issue with saving with Magical Star Sign and anyone got any problems with Pokemon Platinum Saving with AKAIO?!

tried the bigger save on my kids card and hes still having save issues regardless of what I tried?!

Akothegreat

Trophies
XP
Country
cory1492 said:
Anyone know if those two titles (advance wars 1 and Megaman Battle net 5 DS) have GBA accessors/dongle/unlocks? (aka: things that unlock when you have one of the GBA titles inserted) I do beleive AWDS does have that feature.
I play megaman of course
something is unlocked when the following are inserted:
Megaman Battle Network
Megaman Battle Network 2
Megaman Battle Network 3 white version and blue version
Megaman Battle Network 4 red sun and blue moon
Megaman Battle Network 5 team protoman and team colonel
Boktai: the sun is in your hands
Boktai: solar boy django

Japanese exclusive:
shin bokura no taiyou: gyakushuu no sabata

cory1492

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Akothergreat, thanks for the info - I figured as much. GBA linking might be the common thread of the currently not working ones.

As far as I can tell, the fixes for the GBA sleep like in mother3 involved changing some type of a delay from 0x1000 to 0x3000 - perhaps an interrupt check interval? There is not really a lot of info on NDS sleep mode and what it is doing, at least, not that I can find.

Might be worth looking into what EZ4 client patches, as AWDS running from an EZ4 has no problems at all with sleep.

ShamusHand

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had AKAIO on my DS Lite, and it was AMAZING. It loaded my games list in 2 seconds (as opposed to 15 seconds with the AceKard one) and was just better overall. So
So, what I meant to ask was, now on the DSi, what's better compatibility wise - AKAIO or the AceKard one? Because one the AceKArd website they said not to use AKAIO on the DSi, but I prefer AKAIO.
yaynds.gif

jsheridan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want to thank you for making Akaio. It really adds a lot of cool and useful features like wifi update. Deleting/moving savs with roms is also convenient.

I have 2 small issues:

- I think the selector boxes in system options look a little messy since they are not all the same size (especially set file list type, which is just 1 pixel bigger than all the others on that tab)

- when I move a rom it seems to get renamed to all caps; I wish it didn't

Also, I don't have a slot2 device. Is there any way to make the software skip the initial choice screen and go straight to my SD card?

Thanks again.

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
jsheridan said:
Also, I don't have a slot2 device. Is there any way to make the software skip the initial choice screen and go straight to my SD card?

The NDS has an option that makes it run the cartridge in slot 1 if one is inserted. Set this option, and it will go directly to the Acekard. Note that you won't be able to go to download play or change your system settings unless you remove your Acekard (or you can run a program like back2fw to return to the NDS menu from the Acekard menu).

-Bri

Akiranon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Bri said:
Note that you won't be able to go to download play or change your system settings unless you remove your Acekard (or you can run a program like back2fw to return to the NDS menu from the Acekard menu).

-Bri
Holding the start button on boot also temporary disables it.
smile.gif

Thanks a lot for the great custom firmware guys. I've been using my Acekard 2 a lot more since AKAIO's been released. Great job!

jsheridan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bri said:
The NDS has an option that makes it run the cartridge in slot 1 if one is inserted. Set this option, and it will go directly to the Acekard. Note that you won't be able to go to download play or change your system settings unless you remove your Acekard (or you can run a program like back2fw to return to the NDS menu from the Acekard menu).

-Bri

Thanks. I'm actually using that option. So the first thing I see is the Acekard's choice between SD and slot2. I was hoping to skip that too. I also realize that if I run a game, it will go right to that directory next time. But if I don't run a game, the next time I'll see the slot2 choice.

BTW, I've now noticed another issue: when I use soft reset, the DS is often left making noise when I return to the menu. I've seen this with at least the latest Advance Wars and Castlevania. Also, soft reset sometimes freezes Advance Wars.

kikoexe

Trophies
XP
Country
seems that my inquiry last march 31 was not looked into so ill be quoting it..
smile.gif

kikoexe said:
i'm using firmware version 1.4.1 and is using an Class 6 8GB Ridata Lightning Series Micro SDHC.. I tried playing POR again and the bottom screen goes black everytime i press the start button.. i tried pressing A while the ROM loads and it still happens, same thing with pressing X..
frown.gif

also, after updating to the latest loader (ak2loader), none of my games seem to load.. i get white screens after selecting a ROM..
frown.gif

thanks to anyone who will address it..
wink.gif

Normmatt

Former AKAIO Programmer
Trophies
Website
normmatt.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
kikoexe said:
seems that my inquiry last march 31 was not looked into so ill be quoting it..
smile.gif

kikoexe said:
i'm using firmware version 1.4.1 and is using an Class 6 8GB Ridata Lightning Series Micro SDHC.. I tried playing POR again and the bottom screen goes black everytime i press the start button.. i tried pressing A while the ROM loads and it still happens, same thing with pressing X..
frown.gif

also, after updating to the latest loader (ak2loader), none of my games seem to load.. i get white screens after selecting a ROM..
frown.gif

thanks to anyone who will address it..
wink.gif

You probably need for reformat your microsd, POR works fine for me.

kikoexe

Trophies
XP
Country
^i already tried that but still it happens.. it's a newly purchased micro sd card by the way..
frown.gif

thanks for the response..
smile.gif

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
if you are having issues with akaio on your ak2i, make sure you are using the latest loaders. acekard changed the hardware recently, and the recent batch of ak2is were blocking akaio. as of tonight the issue has been sorted.

get the loader updated here:
http://akaio.gbatemp.net/loaders/

QUOTE said:
Notes: Fix broken soft reset from last update.
Fix problems with newer AK2i's.

-another world

Silent Storm

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi AKAIO team, first of all I would like to say thanks for making this awesome firmware.

Second I am wondering if you will be able to fix this problem with Platinum.

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=147373

Using the latest firmware and loader, Kingston 2GB Japanese, patches off and the game still lags, especially in the Battle Frontier and bag.

Is it fixable?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/IihvJBjUpNE?si=CsvoEbwzNKFf0GAm cool