Website
www.gamergeddon.com
XP
Country
United States
garco said:
Smiths said:
Memory is all alone in the moonlight.

Anyone else having problems with Sonic RPG on this piece of crap AKAIO bullshit? It freezes everytime I save a game!!11 It'll save but I get a white screen after and have tio restart the DS!
Screw AKAIO, I want my Sonic!

Same here
wacko.gif
wacko.gif

Two white screens!!!!
The save works but every time I must to reset the DS!!!

YEAH!
BOYCOTT THE AK2 AND AKAIO!!! I'M GING BACK TO CYCLODS, YOU FAGETS!

Chri5

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wait? what?
are you leaving us with 1.2? Huh?
if you are
noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!

Normmatt

Former AKAIO Programmer
Trophies
Website
normmatt.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
Chri5 said:
wait? what?
if you are
noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!

He isn't the only developer of 1.2, remember. Infact 1.3 consists of either mine or gelu's code (mainly gelu's, he's the man).

Chri5

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Normmatt said:
Chri5 said:
wait? what?
if you are

He isn't the only developer of 1.2, remember. Infact 1.3 consists of either mine or gelu's code (mainly gelu's, he's the man).
omg phew! *wipes sweet from head* because i was just at soccer practice

if you ever start ipod hacking im your man... lmao, thanks for the info

phenixz

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
Smiths said:
Memory is all alone in the moonlight.

Anyone else having problems with Sonic RPG on this piece of crap AKAIO bullshit? It freezes everytime I save a game!!11 It'll save but I get a white screen after and have tio restart the DS!
Screw AKAIO, I want my Sonic!1

Yep doesn't work on AKAIO and 'official' firmware on acekard (but work well on rpg).
And with the official firmware, the intro run smoothly than with the AKAIO. Is it a problems of speed?

Swip

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
delta123 said:
anyone know how to make it so that when i load up my card it loads to the main menu not the last folder that was used?

In globalsettings.ini (X:\__aio\globalsettings.ini) change

Code:
enterLastDirWhenBoot = 1

to

CODEenterLastDirWhenBoot = 0

or something like that anyway haven't used an ak2/rpg in a while, just like Smiths I've moved onto a Cyclo.

delta123

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Swip said:
delta123 said:
anyone know how to make it so that when i load up my card it loads to the main menu not the last folder that was used?

In globalsettings.ini (X:\__aio\globalsettings.ini) change

Code:
enterLastDirWhenBootÂÂÂÂ= 1

to

CODEenterLastDirWhenBootÂÂÂÂ= 0

or something like that anyway haven't used an ak2/rpg in a while, just like Smiths I've moved onto a Cyclo.

thanks Swip I've been trying to figure that out since my system files disappeared and the new globalsettings didn't have that option

ozzymud

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
for the globalsettings.ini, is there a way to add comments like in sdlist, i would assume // but i dont feel like formatting again if something went wrong
tongue.gif
(better to ask 1st)

if so, is this true for other ini files?

would it be hard or a pain to bring "hiddenFileNames" back? iirc it wasn't affected by show hidden was it? Would be nice to add dirs to it you NEVER wanted to see, and hidden bit for rarely used items (so you could toggle in menu to see)

also SDLIST.INI now contains:
Code:
[SD Card Speed]
//1d = A-Data
1dSD___ = 7333

it used to have a list of manufacturers in it, of which mine wasnt one of.
Code:
[SD Card Manufacturers]
02 = Toshiba
03 = Sandisk
13 = Kingmax
1c = Transcend

Kingston or A-Data... so finaally the question... what is the sdlist? part of the future DMA code?

Also, i used the inmenu update to update savelist.bin... but have no clue why or what it is? list's gamesave sizes maybe?

And, is the /__aio/ak2loader needed for AK RPG? or is it only for AK2?

Also
tongue.gif
(dont wanna double post) noticed while reading for answers to above.. fonts will might be customizable in the future, is there a creator/editor for the pcf files? or are these just linux type bitmapped fonts?

One more for now... does shortening strings in the language file offer any memory imporvements or speed advantages?

Code:
[copy file exists]
title = Confirm...
text = Replace existing?

Thanks.

Mikeypr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi there,

Two things really that may be of interest.

1: I contacted AceKard, and they sent me a Beata of the new Loader file, which I placed in the AIO multiloader directory, and now Sonic saves perfectly.
There is a pause for a few seconds, with white screens after the save, but then the game continues. No Crash.

They have now put it up on their site Latest AceKard Loader 4.09 (Solves Sonic Save Crash)

2: I have been reading with interest, about people having problems updating the cheat database online, and have found out this.

I used to only be able to update about 1 in 10 trys, kept failing and all that. I recently had to change my ISP, and now it updates EVERYTIME perfectly.

I have tested this on a mates connection, using my old ISP and once again it started to download, then failed.

My old ISP was a 20meg cable connection from VirginMedia (UK) and now I'm on a 16meg ADSL2 conection from O2.

No idea why it's happening, but may give you some ideas.

Mike

ozzymud

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Normmatt said:
Would anyone else be interested in me adding autoboot mode to the ak2 (like flashme where it boot straight into the flashcart instead of the health and safety window).

That aint gonna work with the new 2.1 slim Acekard2 is it? the ASIC is one of those pre programed epoxy blob ones aint it?

QUOTE(Mikeypr @ Oct 1 2008, 03:22 AM) My old ISP was a 20meg cable connection from VirginMedia (UK) and now I'm on a 16meg ADSL2 conection from O2.

interesting.. Im on 10meg cable and am one of the ones it fails on (only tried like 6 or 7 times so far... might havta try it some more and see if it ever makes it.

Ssseth

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I know this is somewhat of a stupid question... but I've read the first couple pages and the last few pages of this thread and couldn't find an answer. What exactly is AKAIO? It sounds like it is an OS? Is there an overview of it somewhere (ie, stock OS versus this one)?

Thanks, sorry for sounding like an idiot!
blush.gif

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yes, AKAIO is a menu system for the Acekard RPG and Acekard 2. Since it's based on the source code from the official menu, AIO has all of the features of the official menu and then some.

-Bri

Ssseth

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Bri said:
Yes, AKAIO is a menu system for the Acekard RPG and Acekard 2. Since it's based on the source code from the official menu, AIO has all of the features of the official menu and then some.

-Bri
Okay, thanks!

cory1492

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Normmatt said:
anything anyone wants added to akaio, any bugs, please do post them in the akaio 1.2 thread.
Any particular reason to not use the scaling "engine" that makes the logos "bobble" to make a 12x12 version for the smaller/numbered file listing instead of the numbers? Also, considering an alternate file listing that would make use of that idea, basically with the full sized game/logo centered in the listing window, and others around it set up like they are on a roller (so going from top to bottom of a listing would roll seamless, remembering last launched game would have more of a purpose beyond just folder selection.) Basically, the files would scroll instead of the selection+files, kinda like a flipped and recycling cover flow, or a rolodex. That's my suggestions, and I'm sticking to it (despite being ridiculously cosmetic rather than useful.)

BTW: don't hold any breath on some patches from me, these are some of the things I started work on (once I decided that trying to adapt the existing code to the ak2 extracted loader would require too much reversing) but I somehow managed (well -let myself- I hate working on code that isn't complete) to get seriously sidetracked into some PSP cpp -not to mention a certain not so quiet Hill- and am trying to come to grips with some of the more confusing methods used to pass data across ++ functions. Hoping to offset my hate of cpp in the long run; it's not so bad, just seems so bloody un-linear at first.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • ColdBlitz @ ColdBlitz:
    so you have to learn to emulate that specific hardware which isn't as easy as you'd think
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's a locked down Linux distro basically
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I think the only custom hardware is to do with the SSD and a security chip
    Probably combined in one chip
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They place married security chips onto boards iirc
    Damn Frontier is offering 5Gbps now lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I honestly can't recommend any of the big 3 this years I'd say buy a rog ally z1 if we're being honest
    Honestly after the PS3 and 360 I just went full PC
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Every games basically cross platform they only have about 6 titles making it worth the $600 price tag
    Didn't see much need for a console, all the advantages have kind of disappeared
  • ColdBlitz @ ColdBlitz:
    the ps3 used to support installing linux because the cpu was so powerful
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Then the games are $70 and they want to reboot and refresh the same game every year
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The ps3 was always Linux they just found a way to make it open source
  • ColdBlitz @ ColdBlitz:
    I'm avoiding buying from the big 3 at all atm
    At one point PC game pads where poorly supported, loading a game had setup, it was complicated. Now it's almost as easy as a console.
  • ColdBlitz @ ColdBlitz:
    nintendo needs to up their game soon
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah even bt support for Xbox one controllers are just as easy as pairing
    +1
  • ColdBlitz @ ColdBlitz:
    considering the steamdeck can emulate the switch (yikes) theres almost 0 reason to buy the switch apart from playing online and using cartridges
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Xinput and 360 dongles were a driver nightmare
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I remember having to manually put in drivers and what not
    Yeah the 360 dongles sucked
    But the new Xbox pads? PIr it up and if a game supports it it just works
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Most emulators even automatically detect them now
    Yeah it's a good time to be alive lol
    Pi4 and Batocera works with them perfectly too
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Pi4 and Batocera works with them perfectly too