OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
www.gamergeddon.com
XP
Country
United States
I see your messages, repeating them won't mean anything.

The next release, whenever it is, should have a better detection routine. testers have confirmed it works... it's just not released yet.
when will it be? i don't know.. i'm playing with other things in the menu.

we know the detection routine has a bug... reporting it over and over won't speed up any releases. especially 2 hours after your first report.

RPG has problems in general with usrcheat.dat, especially as it gets larger. no clue why... bug seems to be in seeking to the right spot... no fixes worked. use a cheat.dat or cheats.xml as your database.
memory is always limited, and I'm pretty sure it's not super efficient as is (by the AK team themselves)... our additions are just using more and more memory.

I'm not in any mood to go through the source to free up stuff. screw that... bitch at the AK team to do it.

darkpunk24

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I just wanna know the solution for my problem.
I saw people that solved my same problem, but i don't understand how they're solved the problem.

And, by the way I'm sorry

Tomy Sakazaki

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
darkpunk24 said:
I just wanna know the solution for my problem.
I saw people that solved my same problem, but i don't understand how they're solved the problem.

And, by the way I'm sorry
Common solutions:
1 - Reformat using FAT32 or FAT16 if you was using FAT32, full format (uncheck quick format) and using windows formatter.
2 - Check if globalsettings.ini was created, if not, creat your own, taking care that uiName field contains any skin directory in the /aio/ui dir.
3 - Wait for new version of AKAIO that will have new acekard model detection routines.

ryuragnas

3DS FC: 0173-2593-8777
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have a quick question, I got the AKAIO 1.1, not sure if this is in the right place, but I have problems with this firmware and the AKAIO 1.0. When I try to access the cheats for Dragon Quest Monsters Joker (AU), which I dumped myself, or Pokemon Mystery Dungeon 2 Darkness (US), it goes to load the cheats then freezes. Yet when I use these games and cheats on my SuperCard running DSTT firmware, they run fine.

I have an Acekard 2, formatted with Windows at the default settings. The MicroSD is a Kingston Class-4 4GB MicroSDHC. I have not had problems using it on my other flash carts, but when I use it on my Acekard 2, whether with official, bliss, or AKAIO, AKAIO being my favourite, I have problems. I would like to recommend this card to others, with this custom firmware installed, but these problems keep me from playing two of my favourite games with cheats. I'm using Narin's USRCHEAT.dat, if that helps.

Normmatt

Former AKAIO Programmer
Trophies
Website
normmatt.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
ryuragnas said:
I have a quick question, I got the AKAIO 1.1, not sure if this is in the right place, but I have problems with this firmware and the AKAIO 1.0. When I try to access the cheats for Dragon Quest Monsters Joker (AU), which I dumped myself, or Pokemon Mystery Dungeon 2 Darkness (US), it goes to load the cheats then freezes. Yet when I use these games and cheats on my SuperCard running DSTT firmware, they run fine.

I have an Acekard 2, formatted with Windows at the default settings. The MicroSD is a Kingston Class-4 4GB MicroSDHC. I have not had problems using it on my other flash carts, but when I use it on my Acekard 2, whether with official, bliss, or AKAIO, AKAIO being my favourite, I have problems. I would like to recommend this card to others, with this custom firmware installed, but these problems keep me from playing two of my favourite games with cheats. I'm using Narin's USRCHEAT.dat, if that helps.

I really wish people would stop reporting the same problem over and over again, it won't help us find the problem and fix it any faster. Does it freeze loading the cheat window or when you start the game? if the latter then try and narrow down which cheat is causing the freezes so we can find the problem and fix it easier.

ryuragnas

3DS FC: 0173-2593-8777
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Normmatt said:
ryuragnas said:

I really wish people would stop reporting the same problem over and over again, it won't help us find the problem and fix it any faster. Does it freeze loading the cheat window or when you start the game? if the latter then try and narrow down which cheat is causing the freezes so we can find the problem and fix it easier.

Sorry, its when it is loading the cheat window, and as far as I know, DQM-Joker AU is just a "re-badged" EU release, as the cheats were the same when I was using it on the DSTT firmware.

Normmatt

Former AKAIO Programmer
Trophies
Website
normmatt.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
Davi92 said:
I found some bugs on my RPG (A-Data MicroSDHC 4 GB Class 6 - I'm using 1.1 because r2 didn't work, as reported before):
- AKAIO crashes completely opening large .cc's (such as the pokemon one)
- sometimes it goes in a "loop" (the disk activity icon keeps blinking and you can only shut down the console) when you view files properties or you generate .cc's from the database
- save types bigger than 8M don't work at all (tested with daigasso DX, it gives an error when booted)
- complete crash after a save backup/restore.
All the other features work fine, great job!
yaynds.gif
I'll have a look at the crashes when opening the cheat window with pokemon.
Not sure about the loop
Saves types on the AKRPG are limited to 1Megabyte in size
Not sure why backup/restore would cause a crash but ill look into it.

darkpunk24

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Who can say me what i have to write in globalsettings.ini ?

EDIT: I formatted, but nothing is changed. I think is the problem of globalsettings, but i don't know what i need to write
Try to format in FAT16 and FAT32, but gimme the same problem.
QUOTE said:
it will show a menu that has flash memory, microsd, and slot 2, I assume as if it were an RPG.

If I select either one of those, it will show a box with the word "text" in the box and freeze.
I don't believe anything is shown on the upper screen, either.
If I press start, it will freeze.

I've tried a completely fresh install. Same issue.

I've a Micro SD Kingston made in japan 1 GB
(i've tried to format without flag on "Quick Format" but no changements)

And, i haven't any globalsettings.ini in my folder __aio that i downloaded in this site

delta123

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
can someone help me wth this problem that i'm having?

i'm using an RPG with AIO1.1 cuz 1.1r2 doesn't work and everything was
working fine, however yesterday i decided to move all my roms to separate
individual folders for instant game list loading. However every time i try to
load the cheat window or look at the properties of the roms the save icon
will start to flash for about a minute and then freeze

so i just wanted to know if there was a limit to the number fo folders i'm
allowed in the card? or is that a problem with the firmware?

Baroque Obama

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i seem to be having a problem running dslinux on my AK2. whenever i try to run it, the program leaves me with two white screens. i searched this online and it turns out normatt has released a patch for the RPG that made dslinux work. also, this patch was apparently integrated into the official builds later on. i was wondering whether or not this patch was implemented for the ak2.

darkpunk24

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
darkpunk24 said:
I've a bug, it will show a menu that has flash memory, microsd, and slot 2, I assume as if it were an RPG.

If I select either one of those, it will show a box with the word "text" in the box and freeze.

And, i haven't any globalsettings.ini in my folder __aio that i downloaded in this site

Please, can anyone help me?
I wanna play with my acekard 2..
I wanna know what i have to write on the file globalsettings.ini ... it's bettere if you send me your globalsettings.ini file.

Normmatt

Former AKAIO Programmer
Trophies
Website
normmatt.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
darkpunk24 said:
darkpunk24 said:
I've a bug, it will show a menu that has flash memory, microsd, and slot 2, I assume as if it were an RPG.

Please, can anyone help me?
I wanna play with my acekard 2..
I wanna know what i have to write on the file globalsettings.ini ... it's bettere if you send me your globalsettings.ini file.

You can't fix the AK2 being detected as AKRPG by changing the globalsettings.ini file. I've added a new detection routine into the latest private build of AKAIO and it appears that its working nicely. When this new build will be released I don't know.

How many times do people have to ask the same question. (and be told the same answer?)

Smiths

AKAIO Person of Interest TAGS ARE THE BEST
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
www.gamergeddon.com
XP
Country
United States
i dunno when it'll be released. i've just thrown in bookmarks to the internal text reading and am working on the jumping code.

wifi stuff is heavily dependant on the bandwith you're using on other devices as well.
if you're raping torrents, it probably won't download.
"stalls" are not really stalls... they're just such a minimal amount of data being received that it just hangs there. we're talking teeny teeny 'blips' being received.

i can stall a download on my DS by loading google maps on my wifi laptop.

again.. when released? no idea.
I'm really not in the mood for 50 more posts of "MY WIFIZ NO WORK" and having to tell everyone once again "it's flaky".
or cheat window freezing when we've said it's a combo of memory, RPG having problems reading the DB, etc.

If you can't load cheats via a cheats.xml, then it'll be more looked into. there are 3 usable formats of the cheat DB at http://cheats.gbatemp.net
Unless you've tried them all, you're supportless.

golden

What a Digital Dummy!!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
hey smiths, just a question here out of curiousity but how hard is it to implement an in game menu? I am not saying make in game text reader or that shit. Just the in game menu for turn off/on cheats and doing some random crap but mainly I was curious to know how hard it is to just code an in game menu.

IOwnAndPwnU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I believe the 3 types of cheat files you can use are:
-CHEAT.DAT (Attempted to Update 3 times, out of 3, only 1 time did I get to the screen of the change log, but no downloading
frown.gif
)
-CHEATS.XML (Attempted to Update 3 times, out of 3, all I got was the What's New screen)
-USRCHEAT.DAT (Attempted to Update 3 times, out of 3, all I got was the What's New screen)

I think CHEAT.DAT is the best file as it had the best results (out of crappy shit results). Just thought I'd let you know. But I prefer just DLing the cheat file and manually putting it on my microSD till they get it fixed.

Normmatt

Former AKAIO Programmer
Trophies
Website
normmatt.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
An in game menu can not be done without first doing RTS, as i'd need to store some information that will be overwritten by the in game menu on the sd and then write that back to memory when you return to the game.

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Any chance that the Acekard development team will be interested in incorporating some of the code like slow-motion and in-game menu into the official menu so that you guys don't have to support the features that will keep changing? Do you guys have direct communication with anyone on the official development team? Are they even aware that the slow-motion code exists?

-Bri

Smiths

AKAIO Person of Interest TAGS ARE THE BEST
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
www.gamergeddon.com
XP
Country
United States
Norm's still on talking terms with them
smile.gif

I got my free RPGs and AK2s and gave them permission to use some stuff I did that bliss put in his loader which they're incorporating into the official.

yay an official loader with a billion button combos.

now gimme those sources, Norm, if ya got them... gotta figure out if going external is the way for larger databases.... usrcheat.dat works flawlessly over and over on my AK2. man i love the downloader.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: