Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ste_sto_pv said:
Hello Smiths

nice work but the loader do not work with my Transcent 4GB class 6 SDHC
i see at start the blue and black screen.

I have AK2

ste_sto_pv

I have the same problem, a few others have mentioned it too.
Transcend 4GB SDHC Class 6, FAT32
Loads up, when I try to select Micro SD it gives me a message saying "Text" I can click A and get back to the memory selection, so it doesn't freeze, just doesn't find the card I guess..

1.1 works fine on my 1GB Sandisk cards. Downgrading to 1.0 on the Transcend and it's working fine again. Thanks anyways for the new release, keep it up it's always nice to have options!

golden

What a Digital Dummy!!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Can you guys by any chance fix the 1megabyte saving limit on the RPG? That's the biggest problem ATM and IMO and probably in a lot of others' thoughts as well. There is no reason why the AK2 can do it but the AKRPG can't. Anyone that's in touch with the team know why the released that feature for the AK2 and not the RPG? Thanks.

dib

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I think they're loathe to implement features like that because the main Acekard devs won't use them in the first party loader. You need to go to the www.acekard.com forums and bitch at them to get off their asses and add some features.

Smiths

AKAIO Person of Interest TAGS ARE THE BEST
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
www.gamergeddon.com
XP
Country
United States
dib said:
I think they're loathe to implement features like that because the main Acekard devs won't use them in the first party loader. You need to go to the www.acekard.com forums and bitch at them to get off their asses and add some features.

^^^^^^^^^^^
That.

Plus side... I've put in scrollbars.
smile.gif

logical thinker

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

VatoLoco

Don't crush that dwarf, hand me the pliers.
Trophies
Website
www.backwoodzstudioz.com
XP
Country
United States
logical thinker said:
golden said:
Can you guys by any chance fix the 1megabyte saving limit on the RPG?
Read this: http://www.acekard.com/bbs/viewthread.php?...;page=4#pid7576
Normmatt, can you make a patcher, please? Acekard Team promised they would fix this game, but, until now, there is no fix, so if you can fix this problem in any way, do it, please.

You can use this patch by Deufeufeu to get BandBrosDX working on RPG (with 245 songs loaded in it!!!)
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=935...t&p=1282358 (post63)

golden

What a Digital Dummy!!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
logical thinker said:
golden said:
Can you guys by any chance fix the 1megabyte saving limit on the RPG?
Read this: http://www.acekard.com/bbs/viewthread.php?...;page=4#pid7576
Normmatt, can you make a patcher, please? Acekard Team promised they would fix this game, but, until now, there is no fix, so if you can fix this problem in any way, do it, please.
This is stupid. They are not doing anything to help their RPG cart. It's as if they just abandoned it. WTF. They said they would fix it for the AK2 and they did but they left the RPG just hanging their.

If I were Normmatt and Smiths I would just screw the AK team and not release my source or help them anymore and just do my own work. Don't ask them to implement stuff in their official firmwares because for all I know, the AKAIO is better than the official RPG firmware.

Smiths

OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
www.gamergeddon.com
XP
Country
United States
golden said:
If I were Normmatt and Smiths I would just screw the AK team and not release my source or help them anymore and just do my own work. Don't ask them to implement stuff in their official firmwares because for all I know, the AKAIO is better than the official RPG firmware.

See my earliest posts here when the "development stopped" stuff happened.
My main reasoning was AK's abandoning of the RPG.
I don't handle companies abandoning consumers well at all.

I've had fun with programming today though as my brain festers. Finally got a scroll-bar thingy with click-and-hold scroll arrows working. Guess I can put that in the cheat window as well...
It's all for the internal text reader thingy the scrolling windows have created. Not an insane text reader like the plugin, but it's nice to have a little internal thing.

I got 2 RPGs and 2 AKs for them to use my code (technically they only want to use bliss', but mine is in it).
Now I have to start up the emuholic/Smiths "show your [legal age] boobies" contest.

golden

What a Digital Dummy!!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Smiths said:
golden said:

See my earliest posts here when the "development stopped" stuff happened.
My main reasoning was AK's abandoning of the RPG.
I don't handle companies abandoning consumers well at all.

I've had fun with programming today though as my brain festers. Finally got a scroll-bar thingy with click-and-hold scroll arrows working. Guess I can put that in the cheat window as well...
It's all for the internal text reader thingy the scrolling windows have created. Not an insane text reader like the plugin, but it's nice to have a little internal thing.

I got 2 RPGs and 2 AKs for them to use my code (technically they only want to use bliss', but mine is in it).
Now I have to start up the emuholic/Smiths "show your [legal age] boobies" contest.
Great job on the new scroll bar. Ya, my main gripe with the acekard team is the same as yours. It's very annoying. Unfortunately, I can't do a thing about it because I can't convince an entire company by myself over the internet.

Zankurou

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It doesn't work for me.
frown.gif

I keep getting that blue top screen and the useless bottom screen.
I'm using a 1GB Toshiba and I've already formatted and tried putting it in there manually.
frown.gif

ROM Troll

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ste_sto_pv said:
ROM Troll said:
ste_sto_pv said:
i tested now more loaders for acekard 2 with 1gb Kingston, 2gb Kingston, and 4 GB Transcend SDHC.
Looks like you tested on the AK2 so I don't think modifying the sdlist.ini file would help. What happens when using the transcend? I have eight of them but won't have access to a AK2 until later this week. And your english is good enough to understand. Thanks for the testing!

Hi Rom Troll

The Transcend ist new formatet and at start i can see top blue and bottom black background with 3 icons ( nand, SD Card, Slot2 Card )
the icons are animatet by klick, and when i push Start the system freeze.

Its look like the loader can´t find the __aio Folder.

MfG ste_sto
Just another confirmation on issues between 1.1 and Transcend 4GB SDHC Class 6; I got the top blue screen at startup. One card had the OEM format and the other I formatted with XP Fat32. After the failure I formatted them from XP cmd line to Fat w/ 64K cluster size and installed a different firmware so they can be used while I'm on vacation. Going from FAT32 to FAT probably cost me 0.5GB but I like the faster load times.

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Normmatt:

Wouldn't it be possible to add an entry to globalsettings.ini that would specify which cart (RPG or AK2) you were running? That way, it could be set automatically the first time you run it, but could be changed by hand to force it to run properly if the detection fails for whatever reason.

-Bri

raptor5001

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was thinking that as well, but I assume the cart needs to be detected before any files can even be read?

Smiths

OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
www.gamergeddon.com
XP
Country
United States
the thing is... adding in a little "forceRPG" to globalsettings, and setting it to true to try and force an AK2 to be detected as an RPG results in the AK2 working just fine... just showing the nand and SD (both direct to the SD).
Norm did put in another method of detection as well... I guess this can be sent to people with the problem.

[M]artin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here's a few pics from the latest AKAIO beta (v1.1r2, I believe) with a command manually added in the globalsettings ("internalTXT = 1") to enable the viewing of .TXT files:

img0070zp8.jpg

.TXT files are detected and shown in any directory on your MicroSD

img0072np2.jpg

.TXT files can even have certain file information displayed, via the "Properties" selection from the "Start" menu

img0075ma6.jpg

A .TXT being displayed straight from the AKAIO's MicroSD Menu

From what I understand, Smiths says that it's simply the TXT-viewer that displays the WhatsNew.txt information for the CheatDB, only slightly modified so that it can display any .TXT file.
wink.gif

[M]artin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also, small thing to report...

Using AKAIO v1.1r2 in AK2.

When I select "UpdateDB", I'm presented with the option to Enable or Disable the WhatsNew.txt. That's fine

I'm also presented with 3 selection options: "X - UpdateDB", "A - Ok", "B - Cancel".

Pressing "X" updates the database normally, that's fine. Pressing "B" sends me back to the dir I was previously in. That's fine. However, pressing "A" does the same exact thing as pressing "B", sends me back to the dir I was previously in.

Dunno if that's intentional or what, just felt I should put that out there.

Keep up the good work!
happy.gif

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Just curious -- what do those files do? Are they only used for the RPG or are they also used for the AK2?

-Bri

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    some tasks like hacking wii mini consoles
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, You running Windows XP in 2024?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Whore yourself out 12 times for $100 and go buy a pc
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    i got xp but running it off usb only, no way ima keep that
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it gets hacked/corrupted if i just leave it online for an hour
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, The Russians are after you lol.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Send me your ip I'll remotely fix it
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    @K3Nv2 my head needs fixing if I believe you
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it's kinda fun watching it happen tho
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It needs fixing for other things but your pc I can fix
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    over 300+ virus/trojians/worms after scanning, what did I do to deserve this attention lol
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    tho I find it funny when i receive other people's pc/laptops in this state
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    i wont be upgrading unless I cant run the games i want anymore
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Spill water on it good excuse
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    @K3Nv2 that's like a valid option if someone else is paying for ya
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Daddy's wallet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ngl hogwarts legacy has good pooping music
  • OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20:
    That's uh-
    That's certainly a Dairy Queen sign lmao
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You should see his help wanted signs
    Ugh, so many sweat-dipwads in Sploon 3 Anarchy mode tonight
    I didn't know this was "Make Octo never finish Fresh Season 2024 Catalog in Splatoon 3" month, good god
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: I didn't know this was "Make Octo never finish Fresh Season 2024 Catalog in Splatoon 3" month...