• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

[M]artin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dunno if my Wi-Fi problem is similar to the above problems, since I can't even get past the Connecting to Wi-Fi screen without having to hard reset the freeze (maybe it does, but I dunno). At least the above poster can get to the "Downloading" screen by the time it freezes, I can't get that far. And also, all of this was working flawlessly for me Sunday and Yesterday, with the same AKAIO v1.1 files I'm using now, no problems with the WhatsNew screen or anything...

I'm wondering why I woke up this morning and it doesn't work anymore, I thought it was a problem on the servers end?
unsure.gif

I'll keep trying to update throughout the day and post results
happy.gif

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
Bri said:
I believe a 4GB card can be formatted either way. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong.

So has the problem you're seeing only occurred with 4GB SDHC cards?

-Bri

OK, I've grabbed a spare 1gb microsd and put the firmware on there and it works fine. I'm not ready to blame the SDHC yet though, it's possible that there's some settings or something left over from the bliss firmware I had on previously so I'm going to back everything up, wipe my SDHC and try a fresh install of just the firmware with default skins only and see if I can get it working like that.

EDIT: I notice on my 1gb card that my only options were MicroSD and Slot-2, whereas on the 4gb Transcend I had an interal memory option as well, which would fit with the theory of it misrecognising my AK2 as an RPG. Apparently the partition size limit for FAT16 is 2gb, but it can be increased to 4gb if you use 64k clusters.

Smiths

AKAIO Person of Interest TAGS ARE THE BEST
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
www.gamergeddon.com
XP
Country
United States
[M said:
artin]
I dunno if my Wi-Fi problem is similar to the above problems, since I can't even get past the Connecting to Wi-Fi screen without having to hard reset the freeze (maybe it does, but I dunno). At least the above poster can get to the "Downloading" screen by the time it freezes, I can't get that far. And also, all of this was working flawlessly for me Sunday and Yesterday, with the same AKAIO v1.1 files I'm using now, no problems with the WhatsNew screen or anything...

I'm wondering why I woke up this morning and it doesn't work anymore, I thought it was a problem on the servers end?
unsure.gif

I'll keep trying to update throughout the day and post results
happy.gif

READ MY POSTS

there is an error currently with the WhatsNew display. I tracked it down thankfully (it hates strings, wanted chars), and there will be a release momentarily of 1.1r2.

Detection problems still are not fixed for some SDHC card... I am willing to put the blame on the SDHC cards being detected as a "NAND" device.

I have no SDHC cards, so I cannot test that.

On a plus note, my RPGs and AK2 just arrived from the AK Team, so I'm back to testing on the RPG. Gonna see the FFIV thing and if it works for me, there's a release after that.

This is how I kill time waiting to see if a prospective employer will fuckin' call back today. The position starts next Monday, dammit... get on it!

ste_sto_pv

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hi all

@ Blue Star i have a transcend 4 Gb SDHC too and the same problem like some other 4 gb SDHC user

but Smiths is working on this problem.

@ Blue Star and Bri you can format a SDHC Card with the Commandline in Win XP to FAT and the Explorer show you a 4 GB FAT SD
wink.gif

ste_sto_pv

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
OK, just checked and set up the blank 4gb Transcend in exactly the same way as the 1gb Sandisc and I get the same problem (Blue top screen, black bottom screen with options for Flash memory, MicroSD and Slot-2, info box with word "text" when pressing A and complete freeze after pressing start)

dib

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Smiths said:
On a plus note, my RPGs and AK2 just arrived from the AK Team, so I'm back to testing on the RPG. Gonna see the FFIV thing and if it works for me, there's a release after that.
Sweet, glad to hear they gave you something for your efforts.

Smiths

OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
www.gamergeddon.com
XP
Country
United States
ha ha!
son of a bitch.

USRCheat has problems on the RPg, but CHEAT.dat doesn't.

Well, considering the size and the fact it runs out of memory nicely at about 1.5 megs of downloading... I'm sticking with the USRCheat downloading.

RPG with problem games will have to use CHEAT.DAT and manually put it in. (Start -> More -> Cheats) or change your default DB under "Start -> Patches"
There's maybe something with the decryption to play with, but that's for another day.

Smiths

OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
www.gamergeddon.com
XP
Country
United States
1.1r2 released. First post updated. cant change topic text though.. any mods out there?

Posts merged

Bri said:
On the AK2, cheats crash with Mario Kart no matter which cheat database format I use.

-Bri

I blame the ROM and/or the R4 decrpytion in general.

I had problems with Mario Kart as well... dunno why.

try XML.

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
Oh Christ, what on earth have I done here. Now I've copied everything back on to my card along with the official firmware it takes about 20 seconds to load the directory list and and another 20 seconds to load the game

EDIT: Never mind a full format solved it

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Smiths said:
1.1r2 released. First post updated. cant change topic text though.. any mods out there?

Posts merged

Bri said:
On the AK2, cheats crash with Mario Kart no matter which cheat database format I use.

-Bri

I blame the ROM and/or the R4 decrpytion in general.

I had problems with Mario Kart as well... dunno why.

try XML.

I tried CHEATS.XML, CHEAT.DAT, and USRCHEAT.DAT all with the same results. So it's not the encryption that's the problem. It does create a .CC file though, but unfortunately I deleted it before looking at it. I'm not sure what it's supposed to look like anyway, but I assume that if you look at that file and maybe edit it by hand you might be able to see what the problem is.

ETA: OK, so now Mario Cart cheats work after I updated to 1.1r2. Smiths, did you fix something?

ETA: Cheat database download hangs after 658Kb/846Kb downloaded. Pressing "B" no longer cancels (I had to shut it off). It left an empty (0 KB) file named 07_28_08_USRCHEAT.DAT.zip on the root of my microSD card.

-Bri

raptor5001

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quick question. Does 1.1r2 fix AKAIO detecting my AK2 as an AKRPG when I have my 4gb SDHC card in it?

EDIT: Just got your PM, smiths. I'll reply soon. Thanks!

Smiths

OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
www.gamergeddon.com
XP
Country
United States
one attempt is in it. but that seemed to not fix anything. oh well.
At least it seems to be SDHC related. always good to narrow things down.

Hanging downloads I really can't help much on. There are enough routines in place for the network code that it's supposed to know if a download hangs... but apparently it doesn't.

Cancelling is only really put in as an "option" because everything else on the AK has it. with Wifi stuff it's rather hit or miss.
We're dealing with limited memory, already much of which is in use by the OS.
Case in point: trying to download the 3 meg CHEAT.DAT.ZIP locks up at about 1.5 megs.

A forced reboot post download was added because after downloading, I found some simple copy options ran out of memory.
I know the function works; I've used it on 4 different cards now (2xRPG/2xAK2). Make sure your router is happy.

The empty file is because that's the downloaded file. It gets deleted post-Unzip or cancel. IF you have to just hard reset, it'll be there (and will be overwritten/deleted at the next attempt)

logical thinker

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Normmatt said:
It already creates the ini file on boot if it doesnt exist. It's just people were having problems with akaio not creating the ini on certain sdhc cards. This should be fixed in v1.2 as I've added a check for reading from the cart and if it can't it will try init the other card it hasn't tried yet.
I suggest that it should do this with the savelist.bin and sdlist.ini too. There are some noobs that overwrite these files and think the firmware is "corrupt".

golden

What a Digital Dummy!!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Smiths said:
Back up all saves beforehand anyway, especially if you're an RPG user.
This is exactly why it's so good to have an RPG as apposed to AK2 because whenever I test new firmwares I just dump all games I want to play from my SD to NAND and just take my SD card out of my RPG and treat it as my "back up" saves and ROMs if my NAND gets all messed up.

[M]artin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Awesome, just... awesome. Smiths, Normatt, et.al, thanks a ton for the new revision (and for putting it out so promptly too!)

All of my issues with using "UpdateDB" and Wi-Fi freezing are completely gone with the new revision to v1.1! Thanks a ton!!!
happy.gif

phenixz

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
Just a question : Do you plan to implement the connexion between WII and DS in a near future for games like Pokemon or Gemotry Wars or it's just impossible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, it seems that dtapple disabled others posting on their profile, they might be going...