Hacking Ak2i w/ AKAIO + 3in1, randomly won't load saves (not battery)

sybia123

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recently purchased a 3in1 (not the +) from RHS which works perfectly except every now and then it stops loading any saves. I've been playing Dragon Ball Z: Legacy of Goku II and it's happened a couple of times so far. I keep my saves backed up on my computer every now and then.When I remove the header AKAIO puts on them I can use the saves fine with VBA, so I know the saves aren't corrupted or anything. If I copy the saves that I know work from my computer to my AK2i and load the game, it asks if I want to load the save, I say yes and then when I get to the main menu none of my save games show up. Some information:

AKAIO version 1.8.8
The battery is fine, it retains the save information when it's powered off. I've checked it with a multimeter and it reads 3.2v.
I just use the AKAIO built-in 3in1 functionality, I don't use GBATA or Exploader.

Does anyone know what's causing the problem?

sybia123

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how_do_i_do_that said:
Dragon Ball Z: Legacy of Goku II has AP in the form of a certain chip that is not available in a 3in1. You can't save, can't play after a certain amount of time because the game does function calls to that chip.

Your options are:
1. get the actual game.
2. go play something else.

Well that sucks. I have the actual game, I just prefer to play my games on my Flash Cart
frown.gif
I did some searching and found what looks like a patch for it that says "This .IPS patch will allow you to play Dragon Ball Z: Legacy of Goku on older FAL Carts (models that don't emulate eeprom)". Is that the problem?

how_do_i_do_that

Blue Wizard is about to die.
Trophies
You have insufficient posts to view user location.
XP
Country
Antarctica
IPS patches are to the rom itself not the save format of the rom. If it was as simple as SRAM patching the game, AKAIO would have already fixed it. Or I would have told you that you could have just manually SRAM patched the game to get it to work.

Just because all GBA games can be dumped doesn't mean they can be played. There are ALOT more games like this. That is how the AP works. That is why the 99% compatible claim by most GBA flashcarts is full of shit. I would know, I got them all.

sybia123

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how_do_i_do_that said:
IPS patches are to the rom itself not the save format of the rom. If it was as simple as SRAM patching the game, AKAIO would have already fixed it. Or I would have told you that you could have just manually SRAM patched the game to get it to work.

Just because all GBA games can be dumped doesn't mean they can be played. There are ALOT more games like this. That is how the AP works. That is why the 99% compatible claim by most GBA flashcarts is full of shit. I would know, I got them all.

Oh well then, is there any way for me to upload my save onto my actual GBA cartridge? I know there was a tool for doing that with DS games but I don't remember if there was one or if that one worked for GBA games.

sybia123

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how_do_i_do_that said:
AKAIO auto-SRAM patches any game that uses an incompatible save type. There is no SRAM to EEPROM converter, your going to have to start over.

Oh well, thanks for your help.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye tempBOT: @ The Real Jdbye farts behind the fan +1