AK2i Update for DSi 1.4

JSHidaka

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Drigz said:
This isn't the official Fix right? Because in acekard page it's still "As all you known please do not update your DSi to 1.4. We're working on it and please be patient. Thanks."

For the one's who tried it, how's it's stability?

Im not upgrading until it's stable
happy.gif

THEY will not release it "OFFICIAL" Till they find a way to put their icon and name back. If they say its official they can get legals problems coz the icons/name

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
What happens if they can't find a way (aka impossible with current firmware)? They'll just faithfully refuse to name it after a official cart? It's not like their business is based on sound legal law in the firstplace? It's borderline illegal as it is so I would think they wouldn't be as concerned about trademark issues....
tongue.gif

Poliwrath

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Is there a way to use a different icon and game ID?

Perhaps I'm being too picky, but I'm not complaining, I just really would rather not have a Danny Phantom logo permanently on my DSi menu.
I'd rather have no facebook uploads.

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
I took at look at the updateen.bin file for the v1.0 firmware. It appears to be in some form of compressed format or encryption maybe (compressed is more likely). It contains no text strings and contains nothing that a hex editor would be useful for.

Seeing that the rom from the Supercard that was dumped is 16mb and this is only 4mb, my best guess is that the firmware file is in some form of compressed format...

Someone needs to figure out how to decompress it and edit it and (and then re compress it back) so that we can work to defeat Nintendo's firmware updates much quicker as we all know Supercard is a bit slow in terms of releasing updates. I wouldn't be surprised if they end up being the LAST flashcart to update the firmware. For god's sake they haven't even updated the menu system beyond that of moonshell 1.4 since 2006 I believe!

The thing about the Supercard that beats the competition in my opinion that is you can't brick it! The USB flasher that comes with it doesn't need to boot it or anything and a DS/DSi isn't required to update it. As you all know you have to be able to boot the other cards in order to update them...Not true for the Supercard!

By the way, has anyone tried using the supercard firmware updater on other flashcarts? Like the original supercard DSone? If the compression format can be figured out, perhaps the USB flasher could be used on other flashcarts! Like the Acekard in this case.

ian_thextckid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
2 hours ago i went tot the mall , bought a DSLite. Came back home, updated. I Just returned the DSLite, I got every yen i paid!
rolleyes.gif
And DSi wors now on 1.4 J

Disco

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
I don't yet own DSi but I updated just to be ready, I used the DSL update since I have DSL, and when I enter ds boot menu or whatever it's called it shows acekard 2i not danny phantom!! But I updated it, is this ok or? I have AKAIO and my ak2i is hw81.

EDIT: I now update with the DSi update and still no dany phantom icon on my DSL!

afro193

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Worked on 1.3U DSi. Now have a DannyKard 2i and Flipnote Studio. Also, they made the camera a LOT faster (not ass slideshow like, much smoother).

Hakoda

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Mario264 said:
Now I'm just waiting for the Supercard team to release their update with the new Spongebob Icon.
tongue.gif

I was already LMFAO & ROFL when I saw this thread with the Danny phantom icon and the I watched the Youtube video and heard the guy's expression when he saw the icon. Then when I saw this post, I think I got a crampp. Hilarious.

QUOTE(Disco @ Aug 17 2009, 10:06 AM) I don't yet own DSi but I updated just to be ready, I used the DSL update since I have DSL, and when I enter ds boot menu or whatever it's called it shows acekard 2i not danny phantom!! But I updated it, is this ok or? I have AKAIO and my ak2i is hw81.

EDIT: I now update with the DSi update and still no dany phantom icon on my DSL!
You won't get that icon change until you place your Acekard 2i into your DSi. It's just how the DSi interprets the flashcart. It thinks its a Danny Phantom game. If you watch the youtube video, you'll see the guy doesn't get his "HOLY CRAP WTH!! DANNY PHANTOM?!?!?" tantrum until after he puts it into his DSi.

Well, That's Acekard for you. or DannyKard 2i in this case like most Tempers have nicknamed it.

~ Jon

FluffyLunamoth

Still a Touhou Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They sent an email to EVERYONE, is my guess. Now just need Consolesource to hurry up and cancel my order...

By the way, it's been confirmed to work, right? (not taking any chances)

steve007

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
why is this update not on the site and i dont know how to put it in i still need to update my dsi can you show the order to put the update in so i dont mess up
smile.gif
please thank you step by step so i dnt mess it up than you

FluffyLunamoth

Still a Touhou Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
JohnnyBlaze, that's sad if you're going to buy it again. And yes, I know, just want to make 100% sure. I don't have another DS to use if this doesn't work.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work