1. JSHidaka

JSHidaka Member
    Newcomer

THEY will not release it "OFFICIAL" Till they find a way to put their icon and name back. If they say its official they can get legals problems coz the icons/name

2. Apache Thunder

Apache Thunder I have cameras in your head!

United States
    What happens if they can't find a way (aka impossible with current firmware)? They'll just faithfully refuse to name it after a official cart? It's not like their business is based on sound legal law in the firstplace? It's borderline illegal as it is so I would think they wouldn't be as concerned about trademark issues.... [​IMG]

3. Poliwrath

Poliwrath Member
    Newcomer

Is there a way to use a different icon and game ID?

Perhaps I'm being too picky, but I'm not complaining, I just really would rather not have a Danny Phantom logo permanently on my DSi menu.
    I'd rather have no facebook uploads.

4. DeltaBurnt

DeltaBurnt I'm bored

United States
    Wait why use a cheap game that almost no one's going to have? You'd think they'd choose a big game so Nintendo wouldn't be tempted to just outright block it (which is still a very slim chance even if it is shovelware).

5. Apache Thunder

Apache Thunder I have cameras in your head!

United States
    I took at look at the updateen.bin file for the v1.0 firmware. It appears to be in some form of compressed format or encryption maybe (compressed is more likely). It contains no text strings and contains nothing that a hex editor would be useful for.

Seeing that the rom from the Supercard that was dumped is 16mb and this is only 4mb, my best guess is that the firmware file is in some form of compressed format...

Someone needs to figure out how to decompress it and edit it and (and then re compress it back) so that we can work to defeat Nintendo's firmware updates much quicker as we all know Supercard is a bit slow in terms of releasing updates. I wouldn't be surprised if they end up being the LAST flashcart to update the firmware. For god's sake they haven't even updated the menu system beyond that of moonshell 1.4 since 2006 I believe!

The thing about the Supercard that beats the competition in my opinion that is you can't brick it! The USB flasher that comes with it doesn't need to boot it or anything and a DS/DSi isn't required to update it. As you all know you have to be able to boot the other cards in order to update them...Not true for the Supercard!

By the way, has anyone tried using the supercard firmware updater on other flashcarts? Like the original supercard DSone? If the compression format can be figured out, perhaps the USB flasher could be used on other flashcarts! Like the Acekard in this case.

6. Whooosh

Whooosh GBAtemp Regular

if i updated with this now.

and then when AK officially release a fix update with that

Would my AK2i logo be restored???????????????

7. Hitsuagaya

Hitsuagaya GBAtemp Regular

United States
    dang i have an r4

8. ian_thextckid

ian_thextckid Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    2 hours ago i went tot the mall , bought a DSLite. Came back home, updated. I Just returned the DSLite, I got every yen i paid! [​IMG] And DSi wors now on 1.4 J

9. Hitsuagaya

United States
    dude yen? u live in china but ur thing sais u live in us? anyways cool good idea lol [​IMG]

10. Hitsuagaya

United States
    so does anyone have any probs with the update?

11. Disco

Disco GBAtemp Fan

Croatia
    I don't yet own DSi but I updated just to be ready, I used the DSL update since I have DSL, and when I enter ds boot menu or whatever it's called it shows acekard 2i not danny phantom!! But I updated it, is this ok or? I have AKAIO and my ak2i is hw81.

EDIT: I now update with the DSi update and still no dany phantom icon on my DSL!

12. Quilkja

Quilkja Member
    Newcomer

United States
    i had the same problem as you but i updated on my dsi on 1.3u
    [​IMG]

13. afro193

afro193 Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Worked on 1.3U DSi. Now have a DannyKard 2i and Flipnote Studio. Also, they made the camera a LOT faster (not ass slideshow like, much smoother).

14. Hakoda

Hakoda GBAtemp Addict

United States
    You won't get that icon change until you place your Acekard 2i into your DSi. It's just how the DSi interprets the flashcart. It thinks its a Danny Phantom game. If you watch the youtube video, you'll see the guy doesn't get his "HOLY CRAP WTH!! DANNY PHANTOM?!?!?" tantrum until after he puts it into his DSi.

Well, That's Acekard for you. or DannyKard 2i in this case like most Tempers have nicknamed it.

~ Jon

15. JeFFJuH

JeFFJuH Newbie
    Newcomer

Netherlands
  16. GreatZimkogway

GreatZimkogway Still a Touhou Fanatic

United States
    They sent an email to EVERYONE, is my guess. Now just need Consolesource to hurry up and cancel my order...

By the way, it's been confirmed to work, right? (not taking any chances)

17. JohnnyBlaze1986

JohnnyBlaze1986 FUCK GBATEMP!
    Banned

United States
    It's official. The Acekard team sent me an email reply(FINALLY), redirecting me to this page.

It fizucking sucks because I just got rid of my Acekard to buy an EZ Flash. Well, I guess I'll have to buy it again!

18. steve007

steve007 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    why is this update not on the site and i dont know how to put it in i still need to update my dsi can you show the order to put the update in so i dont mess up [​IMG] please thank you step by step so i dnt mess it up than you

19. GreatZimkogway

GreatZimkogway Still a Touhou Fanatic

United States
    JohnnyBlaze, that's sad if you're going to buy it again. And yes, I know, just want to make 100% sure. I don't have another DS to use if this doesn't work.

20. Sachka

Sachka GBAtemp Regular

France
    Geez why does the 1.4 update takes so long? its been like 10 mins and its still in like the half [​IMG]

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Update,