AK2i Update for DSi 1.4

amirh1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Never mind, already tried it - you guys are frikin geniuses!

Thanks for the fix!!!!
gbasp.gif

loveme23

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just bought an Acekard 2i and I've a DSi version 1.4U. I've browse all around looking for way to make it work, but whatever I do I kept getting the error

"An error has occurred. Press and hold the Power Button to turn the system off. Please see the Nintendo DSi Operations Manual for help troubleshooting."

I don't have a DS lite, and all the guides that I found required that I've a DS Lite to update the Acekard.

My question is, is there a way to make the Acekard work with my DSi without using DS Lite or any other hardware?

FluffyLunamoth

Still a Touhou Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
loveme23 said:
I just bought an Acekard 2i and I've a DSi version 1.4U. I've browse all around looking for way to make it work, but whatever I do I kept getting the error

"An error has occurred. Press and hold the Power Button to turn the system off. Please see the Nintendo DSi Operations Manual for help troubleshooting."

I don't have a DS lite, and all the guides that I found required that I've a DS Lite to update the Acekard.

My question is, is there a way to make the Acekard work with my DSi without using DS Lite or any other hardware?

If the Acekard 2i wasn't patched previously, it is completely unusable with the DSi 1.4X. It will not load no matter what, until you get the patch on it. You're going to need the Lite or a 1.3X or below DSi. No way around it.

MissingNo._

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
loveme23 said:

What the other guy said.
Kudos on finding a topic to ask a question in. You're not like the other noobs who post lik ths.
Why don't you go make your first topic in the introductions area?

dcmodder

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
**another confirmation** working. ran ak2ifw_update_14_DSi.nds. performed a system update. danny phantom showed his ugly face and i think i know why. the card id for the acekard is fooling the ndsi fw since the acekard card id was blocked from the ndsi fw. so if nintendo blocks danny phantom to try and combat the acekard they'll have alot of upset 10 year olds on their hands.

nice work.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First off hello everyone,

Okay, I am getting a DSi this Christmas from my siblings from walmart, and I am sure that it will be on 1.4U firmware. I plan on placing my order at dealextreme *is this a safe and reliable source of a acekard 2i?* for a acekard 2i when I finally find out all of the kinks to this whole thing. I am assuming that the acekard 2i that I will get from dealextreme will not be updated to work with my 1.4U DSi because of the comments left on the disccusion thing there . So my question is since my microsd card will obviously be blank when i first pop it into my laptop, do I just download the file provided on the first post and put the file that is ment for the DSL into the root of my blank microsd or do I put both the DSL and DSI file into it? or do I have to have another file in it for it to work? Also after I have whatever file I need in my sd and with the sd in my acekard 2i do I just pop it into my DSL and update from there and then it should be fine to go into my DSi?

Sorry for asking so many questions, I am not really good at this stuff.

leo17434

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have ordered from DealExtreme and have not had problems. Yes, it will NOT be updated. No, you cannot update the firmware on a DSi that is already on 1.4. You will need to find a DS-Lite or DSi on 1.3 to run the update. Load all the firmware on the memory card and the appropriate .nds for DS-Lite or DSi and ask a friend to borrow their machine for 5-10 minutes.

rockstar99

Hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
yeah just use akaio 1.5 and the danny update nnd your good to go the update on acekard is outdated and cant play new games like zelda etc but akaio can so just forget about the update from acekard.com

Alacres

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, I too recently made the idiotic mistake of upgrading my dsi firmware without thinking about the consequences. Lucky for me, I just bought my DSI so I can get a replacement. Unfortunately for my friend though, he also upgraded to the latest firmware, and his is way too old to get a refund.

After reading through just about the entire thread, I think I've got everything figured out, but I just wanted to double check before I attempt this later tonight -

1. I unzip the ak2ifw_update_14_DSi.nds file, and put in on one of my microSD cards
2.Then, I put the Acekard in my new DSI and run the file
3. Then I make sure to keep power to my DSI while the patch is running
4. After it's done, I reboot the DSI (when it tells me).
5. And finally, when I put the newly patched Acekard into my friends 1.4 DSI, it should show a dannyphantom icon, and the games should load.

Did I leave anything out?

Also, this is kind of a change of subject, but I had a question about the loaders and the AKAIO updates too -

My friend and I are really new to the Acekard scene. We actually got our acekards from a guy who knew a lot about them, so all the files were already on it and we didn't have to worry about it. Our cards are pretty old though, so the files are really outdated, and we'd like to upgrade to the latest AKAIO firmware and the right loaders, since that seems to be pretty important. Anyway, let me get to the point - What exactly do I need to do to upgrade our cards to the latest firmware and loaders? Do I need to delete any of the old files, and if so, which ones? Also do I make a specific folder for the firmware and the loaders, and does it matter what I call it? Right now, I notice a folder named _aio, and it's the one with most of the files and whatnot. Do I just replace all the old files in that folder with the new ones?

Sorry for all the noob questions, I just haven't been able to find any instructions on how to install new firmware and loaders. I'm guessing it's not difficult at all, but for someone as new to this stuff as I am, I'm pretty lost. I just want to make sure I do everything right.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Edit: Sorry, one last question - Should I upgrade the firmware and loaders before I patch the AceKard, or does it matter either way? Thanks again guys.

cjohnson2136

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok so I am having problems I got my dsi and used my friend's acekard and files to get started and it worked fine. but now i just got my acekard and I am getting an error message and i can't even get to the acekard menu to update any suggestions?

Blake1710

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It doesn't upgrade the DSi. You need to upgrade the new acekard. the internal software of the acekard is updated, so using someone else's acekard on your DSi won't work.

just run the update again on someone else's DS lite or 1.3 dsi using your acekard.

cjohnson2136

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no i wasn't trying to use someone else's acekard to get the update this is what happened

1. bought dsi
2. used friend's acekard on my dsi (worked)
3. bought my own acekard
4. tried to use my acekard with the same files from before

so i don't get what the difference is the files are still the same the only difference is the acekard is the only way to get it to work is by first using a ds lite or 1.3 v no matter what even if the root files on the sd card are the exact same when it worked?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Cool.