AK2i Update for DSi 1.4

capple123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have read that some do not like the Danny Phantom Icon. Could this fix it.

link to quote
QUOTE said:
Custom icons
AKAIO has a custom icon system whereby specially formatted bitmaps (*.bmp) can be placed on your microSD and used as a replacement for the usual icons, both those built into Nintendo DS games and those used by AKAIO itself, for example the generic "Game Boy Advance" icon which is displayed for all *.gba files. However, due to the limitations on the DS hardware, the most common formats of *.bmp file (e.g. the types generated by MS Paint) are not able to be used for this purpose, and they must instead be saved with some required specifications. There are several methods of generating this type of bitmap, detailed below.

FluffyLunamoth

Still a Touhou Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
capple123 said:
I have read that some do not like the Danny Phantom Icon. Could this fix it.

link to quote
QUOTE said:
Custom icons
AKAIO has a custom icon system whereby specially formatted bitmaps (*.bmp) can be placed on your microSD and used as a replacement for the usual icons, both those built into Nintendo DS games and those used by AKAIO itself, for example the generic "Game Boy Advance" icon which is displayed for all *.gba files. However, due to the limitations on the DS hardware, the most common formats of *.bmp file (e.g. the types generated by MS Paint) are not able to be used for this purpose, and they must instead be saved with some required specifications. There are several methods of generating this type of bitmap, detailed below.

Fun part of this is that...that's for AKAIO. Not the Acekard. The icon cannot be changed, as it's what allows the DSi to still run it. Unless an update that makes it so that Acekard's original icon will work again, it cannot be changed.

cossinus

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hello im new here and i have a problem i just got a DSI and a DSL i flashed the DSL and i got a ACEKARD 2i i got all the necessary files tu update it form my DSL but when it boots it stops at 0% and wont load anyone knows what to do . thank you

capple123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cossinus said:
Hello im new here and i have a problem i just got a DSI and a DSL i flashed the DSL and i got a ACEKARD 2i i got all the necessary files tu update it form my DSL but when it boots it stops at 0% and wont load anyone knows what to do . thank you
See two post up: I found a video that just might help you. Try taking out the Micro SD card.
Here is a link to video as well

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
shinkukage09 said:
He did say that he didn't know what was new. Turns out, nothing is, unless it's stuff you can't see.

I have a 8181 0fc2 2i from DX which wouldn't update with the original update, but did work with the R4i Ultra update.

Tried this new update posted by Normatt, and this time it worked. Perhaps this is the reason behind the new update?

gieselbart

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi Guys.

I'm a little ashamed to say but:
I'm a total noob with this update thingy...

I got a fresh DSi 1.4E with AceKard 2i.
But i really don't know how to apply the new Firmware.
All the YouTube Tutorials looked like they're already used AK2i.

Mine is brand new... -.-

btw: I don't have any DSL or sth else to update.

Anyone have a step by step tutorial? :-)

Thanks in Advance

TheRig

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
gieselbart said:
Hi Guys.

I'm a little ashamed to say but:
I'm a total noob with this update thingy...

I got a fresh DSi 1.4E with AceKard 2i.
But i really don't know how to apply the new Firmware.
All the YouTube Tutorials looked like they're already used AK2i.

Mine is brand new... -.-

btw: I don't have any DSL or sth else to update.

Anyone have a step by step tutorial? :-)

Thanks in Advance

Sameting here, I buy a DSI a week ago, and it's already 1.4U. I got a aceckard 2i. But I don't know how to start... Can someone explain to me, step by step?
I did start with the ak2_421_20091217_release.zip, unzip mon my SDcard, but I still got the black screen with the error. So I try to put the ak2ifw_update_14_DSi_new.nds file on the SDcard, and black screen again.
Please help!

IchigoK2031

Wannabe Shirow Miwa...
Trophies
Website
yuukouken.deviantart.com
XP
Country
United States
The problem with the Acekard 2i in comparison to some other Dsi cards, is that it doesn't have a core update meaning that you can't update without the DS loading the card itself. 1.4 breaks loading of flashcarts, thus, the Acekard cannot load, and because of that can't update, and because of that will not work. You will need to (briefly) borrow someone else's Dsi(which is lower than 1.4) or Ds lite, update then put it back into your Dsi for it to work.

Good Luck

jjmaia

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
IchigoK2031 said:
The problem with the Acekard 2i in comparison to some other Dsi cards, is that it doesn't have a core update meaning that you can't update without the DS loading the card itself. 1.4 breaks loading of flashcarts, thus, the Acekard cannot load, and because of that can't update, and because of that will not work. You will need to (briefly) borrow someone else's Dsi(which is lower than 1.4) or Ds lite, update then put it back into your Dsi for it to work.

Good Luck

Hi there. I can borrow a DSi, can you give me a link to a tuturial of how to update the AK fw?

Thank you.

jwmghf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys:

I am newbie. How can I tell what version I am running on my dsi?? Also, I just purchased the AK2i and could use a little instruction. If I am not at version 1.4 do I want to update or not??

Thanks

D

Deleted_171835

jwmghf said:
Hey guys:

I am newbie. How can I tell what version I am running on my dsi?? Also, I just purchased the AK2i and could use a little instruction. If I am not at version 1.4 do I want to update or not??

Thanks
Go to 'settings'. In the bottom-right corner of the top screen it should say the version number. Don't update unless you have a need for DSiWare and internet enabled applications.

dsiguide_settings.jpg

jwmghf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey Atomic Rev:

Thanks for the quick reply. I'm at ver 1.4U. Will I need a firmware update for the AK2i? No need for DSiWare and internet enabled applications what so ever!!!

Also, is there a thread around that offers instruction for this?

D

Deleted_171835

jwmghf said:
Hey Atomic Rev:

Thanks for the quick reply. I'm at ver 1.4U. Will I need a firmware update for the AK2i? No need for DSiWare and internet enabled applications what so ever!!!

Also, is there a thread around that offers instruction for this?
Yep. You'll need the update to allow the DSi to recognize the Acekard 2i since you're on the 1.4 update unless the shop that sold it to you already put it on. Use the update found in the first post of this topic.

You could follow this tutorial.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Cool.