Hacking AK2i update for 3DS2.0 and DSI1.4.2

  • Thread starter Thread starter Shadow#1
  • Start date Start date
  • Views Views 23,604
  • Replies Replies 74
Smiths said:
where are the people complaining about Acekard?

it took two extra weeks after 1.4.2 but 1 day after 3DS update.

all y'all can go to hell, ya instant gratification no patience bitchers.

YAY!

Took almost 4 months for HW44 owners for an update and still not working
 
GeekShadow said:
Can someone confirm it works with HW44 and EU 3DS ?
I will test later today on mine.


I must wait until tomorrow =(

Only one guy can help me with his DS LITE, and I'll see him tomorrow T_T

Can someone explain me what is HW44? I have a DSI XL Firmware 1.4.2U, I hope my acekard is one of the first version of AK2i?

Please I need help
 
will1987 said:
GeekShadow said:
Can someone confirm it works with HW44 and EU 3DS ?
I will test later today on mine.


I must wait until tomorrow =(

Only one guy can help me with his DS LITE, and I'll see him tomorrow T_T

Can someone explain me what is HW44? I have a DSI XL Firmware 1.4.2U, I hope my acekard is one of the first version of AK2i?

Please I need help

HW44 is the first batch model of AK2i... new one are HW81 (or something like that)
 
GeekShadow said:
will1987 said:
GeekShadow said:
Can someone confirm it works with HW44 and EU 3DS ?
I will test later today on mine.


I must wait until tomorrow =(

Only one guy can help me with his DS LITE, and I'll see him tomorrow T_T

Can someone explain me what is HW44? I have a DSI XL Firmware 1.4.2U, I hope my acekard is one of the first version of AK2i?

Please I need help

HW44 is the first batch model of AK2i... new one are HW81 (or something like that)


OK i got it, thank you very much
wink.gif


I owned this AK2i about one year I hope, now I'll discovery it tomorrow, can't wait to see.
frown.gif
 
The readme mentions this:

This update support 3DS2.0 and DSi1.4.2. Please refer to readme file in the package. AK2i of HWID44 can be updated this time too. But AK2i of HWID44 can't be recognized after using power button to reset console. You need power off console and turn it on again.
Please choose update file according to your console. If you're using DSi or DSXL please use ak2ifw_update_3ds_v2_DSi.nds to update. I f you're using DSL or DSPhat please use ak2ifw_update_3ds_v2_DSL.nds to update.
Just follow the instructions after you run the update file.


I assume I'm supposed to install the ak2ifw_update_3ds_v2_DSi.nds for my recently purchased 3DS and newly purchased AK2i?
 
So I'm having a probably with this update. I just tried updating on my Acekard on my 3DS and it keeps saying that the update was cancelled because I pressed a button? I'm 100% sure I haven't touch any buttons at all...anyone else get this error?

Posts merged

Damn internets.
 
sjsamphex said:
The readme mentions this:

This update support 3DS2.0 and DSi1.4.2. Please refer to readme file in the package. AK2i of HWID44 can be updated this time too. But AK2i of HWID44 can't be recognized after using power button to reset console. You need power off console and turn it on again.
Please choose update file according to your console. If you're using DSi or DSXL please use ak2ifw_update_3ds_v2_DSi.nds to update. I f you're using DSL or DSPhat please use ak2ifw_update_3ds_v2_DSL.nds to update.
Just follow the instructions after you run the update file.


I assume I'm supposed to install the ak2ifw_update_3ds_v2_DSi.nds for my recently purchased 3DS and newly purchased AK2i?

From what I gather, you need to update the ak2i on a DS lite or on a dsi with firmware version lower than 1.4.2.

Download the DSi version of the firmware onto your AK2i sd card, insert as normal and select the file. Follow instructions on screen.

I had to use my DS lite to do this as I had already updated my DSi XL to 1.4.2E - works as expected.

Confirmed from Acekard website (and as stated above):

"AK2i update for 3DS2.0 and DSI1.4.2

This update support 3DS2.0 and DSi1.4.2. Please refer to readme file in the package. AK2i of HWID44 can be updated this time too. But AK2i of HWID44 can't be recognized after using power button to reset console. You need power off console and turn it on again."
 
suprgamr232 said:
it keeps saying that the update was cancelled because I pressed a button? I'm 100% sure I haven't touch any buttons at all...anyone else get this error?
I got the error but it was because my update.nds was not in the root folder of the MicroSD, move it to the root folder and it works.
 
So how would I go about doing this ? I'm planning on buying my two kids a new 3DS.

I've got x2 DSL which have never been updated in two years.

Do I format the micro SD card, bung the appropriate update file on there and then put it in ak2i and bung it in the DSL and follow instructions from there or something ?

HWID is 81

Thanks for any help offered.
 
suprgamr232 said:
So I'm having a probably with this update. I just tried updating on my Acekard on my 3DS and it keeps saying that the update was cancelled because I pressed a button? I'm 100% sure I haven't touch any buttons at all...anyone else get this error?

Posts merged

Damn internets.

I get this often too, for some reason the update likes a fresh copy of akiao and nothing else but the system and update, every time i try to update on a cart I've been using i get that error, i format, copy a fresh akiao onto it and it magically works, go figure... just my experience, and it seems it likes some types of memory cards and not others too, but i'm not sure what one of those things is the issue.

but ya I got mine updated and it works, oissed it took so long but w/e... better not happen again or I'm switching carts. lazy acekard team, they could have EASILY released a 1.4.2 then another for 3ds 2.0.
 
I have a DSi XL that was unfortunately updated to 1.4.2 by an unwitting youth. How do I apply this Acekard update? I've searched all around for instructions on what do with the ak2ifw_update_3ds_v2_DSi.nds file, but there is zero information. So far what I've done is format the card, dumped the AKAIO 1.8.7 files into the root directory, and put the latest ak2loader in _aio/loaders. What am I supposed to be doing??
 
You have to boot the nds file with the flashcart - in other words, you need to find someone with a DS Phat/DS Lite/DSi < 1.4.2/3DS < latest update that the flashcart will work on to load the new firmware.
 
alphanovember said:
I have a DSi XL that was unfortunately updated to 1.4.2 by an unwitting youth. How do I apply this Acekard update? I've searched all around for instructions on what do with the ak2ifw_update_3ds_v2_DSi.nds file, but there is zero information. So far what I've done is format the card, dumped the AKAIO 1.8.7 files into the root directory, and put the latest ak2loader in _aio/loaders. What am I supposed to be doing??
http://gbatemp.net/t270687-flashcart-demonstrations
Yay for me posting this because I know there is absolutely nothing you can do with your AK2i unless you get a console that it can work on already.
 

Site & Scene News

New Hot Discussed User Submitted