Hacking AK2i From DX?

Dangy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I heard that the AK2i's from DX won't update, is this true? Because I'm ordering one today.

overlord00

A motherfucking birdplane
Trophies
XP
Country
they are theoretically true cards (not clones) but have troubles updating...
i have two, and had to use a hacked R4i update, which ended up working fine...

overlord00

Trophies
XP
Country
neither do i, but hey, i updated one, it works fine, and am using an unupdated card (im 1.3A (australia)) running AKAIO 1.6 RC1.
its all running fine.
playing soulsilver atm

----
ie;
-one card is the updated (1.4) card that my cousin has
-another card that is not updated, and is also running akaio 1.6RC1

overlord00

Trophies
XP
Country
Hasney said:
Just ordered one. Do you only need to update for newer DSi firmwares?
yes, its only for DSi's with the 1.4 update

QUOTE(Hasney @ Mar 15 2010, 08:43 PM) On a phat so won't need to bother if that's the case.
no, its not needed then

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
overlord00 said:
they are theoretically true cards (not clones) but have troubles updating...
i have two, and had to use a hacked R4i update, which ended up working fine...
This is no longer an issue, the Acekard 1.4 firmware update tool has been updated and now works on them. This updated tool was posted by Normmatt, developer of AKAIO who hates clones so both the update and these cards are legit.

This '0% progress' problem effects AK2i's brought from many places, not just DX. Hence the updated tool. There is no need to use any R4i update.

QUOTE(Normmatt @ Aug 17 2009, 12:16 PM) Apparently theres a newer update file around now not sure whats changed but you can find it here

rommy667

Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for the nfo about the updated update lol,ive use the older one many times and it never got stuck at 0% but ill use the newer version from now on
smile.gif

shideneyu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Dealextrem have removed linker two month ago xd So you'll not be able to buy one in DX during a looooooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnng time ;D
Your question does not even exists lol (before, when they were still selling linkers, ak2i wasn't fake, my friend has bought one)

Mr.Mysterio

Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
When did you buy those? Was it recently?
I have a broken legit AK2i which was I bought about 3 weeks after its release and it looks like the new fake ones with actel chips????
I heard the newer batches from DX were fake and AKAIO doesn't work/semi works on those.

EDIT: You can still buy AK2is from DX.
LINK

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
shideneyu said:
Dealextrem have removed linker two month ago xd So you'll not be able to buy one in DX during a looooooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnng time ;D
Your question does not even exists lol (before, when they were still selling linkers, ak2i wasn't fake, my friend has bought one)

Linkers???

Anyway. DX does in fact still sell the AK2i.

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
D34DL1N3R said:
shideneyu said:

Linkers???

Anyway. DX does in fact still sell the AK2i.
Linkers are what people who typically don't know what they're talking about call 'Flashcards'.

@shideneyu: http://www.dealextreme.com/feedbacks/Brows...ws.dx/sku.18728
Click the "Add to Cart" button to buy it.

They removed many of the Flashcards listings to comply with a DMCA (Digital Millennium Copyright Act) notice which threatened to suspend their PayPal account if they continued to list the various flashcards they had. Even though the listings are removed, you can still buy them by adding them to your cart from the Review pages.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: roms wont boot with wood r4menu