AKAIO Person of Interest TAGS ARE THE BEST
Developer
Trophies
Website
www.gamergeddon.com
XP
Country
United States
Someone probably will. (For those who don't realise, this does NOT mean 9.00 is fully exploitable yet!)

i honestly wonder if this webkit exploit has a better success rate (fewer 'out of memory' prompts) than the current 7.55 one and if that would increase stability with the jailbreak at least in the "getting it to load" sense.

obviously the goal is just exploit 9.0, but... yknow...

Deleted member 568587

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Speaking of memory errors just a tip if someone experiences what I did. I could NOT run the exploit on 7.55 at all I tried all day just got memory errors and freezes, and I finally got it to work a few times after 8 hours but it would crash on sleep despite having the right settings for sleep mode to work. I know 7.55 is not stable but this isn't normal. What I did was restore database and it fixed it which would make your games disappear but the trick is to backup your app.db through ftp before you restore database and unplug your external if you have one, then restore database and reinsert app.db, then after all that replug in your external then all my games were back and it was working normally.

Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Speaking of memory errors just a tip if someone experiences what I did. I could NOT run the exploit on 7.55 at all I tried all day just got memory errors and freezes, and I finally got it to work a few times after 8 hours but it would crash on sleep despite having the right settings for sleep mode to work. I know 7.55 is not stable but this isn't normal. What I did was restore database and it fixed it which would make your games disappear but the trick is to backup your app.db through ftp before you restore database and unplug your external if you have one, then restore database and reinsert app.db, then after all that replug in your external then all my games were back and it was working normally.
best to use extended storage or else you'll have to reinstall if using an internal hdd or use the python script which makes games undeleteable. you could hex replace all canremove = 0 to 1, but it will do it for default apps as well if that matters to you.

KiiWii

Editorial Team
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
i honestly wonder if this webkit exploit has a better success rate (fewer 'out of memory' prompts) than the current 7.55 one and if that would increase stability with the jailbreak at least in the "getting it to load" sense.

obviously the goal is just exploit 9.0, but... yknow...
I would like to see a universal webkit, something that persists in lower firmware up to 9.00 with reasonable (5.05-like) stability. But that’s just a dream.

Reactions: Prb and Leeful

godreborn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nm, it doesn't work. canremove is only listed as a category, so there's no way other than changing the script to get canremove back to 1. I don't know if that's how it makes it appear or not though. I think this is the code (at least for the external hdd one). one of those is likely canremove, so you'd have to count to see in the app.db:

"2018-07-27 15:06:46.822", "0", "0", "5", "1", "100", "0", "151", "5", "1", "gd", "0", "0", "0", "0", NULL, NULL, NULL, "%d", "2018-07-27 15:06:46.802", "0", "game", NULL, "0", "0", NULL, NULL, NULL, NULL, NULL, NULL, NULL, NULL, "0", NULL, NULL, NULL, NULL, NULL, "0", "0", NULL, "2018-07-27 15:06:46.757")"""

godreborn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you can edit the file with edit with IDLE using a right click as long as python is installed. it will appear twice if you have 2.9 and 3.7 installed together. it doesn't matter which one you use afaik.

Deleted member 568587

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
best to use extended storage or else you'll have to reinstall if using an internal hdd or use the python script which makes games undeleteable. you could hex replace all canremove = 0 to 1, but it will do it for default apps as well if that matters to you.

No the instructions I just gave reinstalled my games for internal, that's what the app.db is for it stores the list of games and I even had them in folders and it restored it exactly like I had them. External you just plug it in and the games come back.

If you make a backup of your app.db you never have to do the python script. That's only if you failed to do that which I've done before I was aware of it. But that python script is a PITA this took less than 5 minutes total including the database restore.

With app.db you don't have the issue of not being able to delete games either.

godreborn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No the instructions I just gave reinstalled my games for internal, that's what the app.db is for it stores the list of games and I even had them in folders and it restored it exactly like I had them. External you just plug it in and the games come back.

If you make a backup of your app.db you never have to do the python script. That's only if you failed to do that which I've done before I was aware of it. But that python script is a PITA this took less than 5 minutes total including the database restore.
I know, but that's just for people who didn't back up the app.db. the app.db will work even with external games anyway.

godreborn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
internal games go in the title id folder while external go in a folder named external followed by the title id folder iirc. I think that's the main difference between the scripts.

Deleted member 568587

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's the point, everyone should backup their app.db. I do it every time I add or delete a game. It's so easy there's no reason not to it's just people aren't aware you need to, or they don't know how to use FTP.

jcbuzby

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the 7.55 seems to work ok. Just lost power so had to redo exploit. 2 KP's then it worked. Once you get Goldhen 1.1 loaded it works really good. Rest mode works. I only use extended storage and always unplug before going into rest mode. The jailbreak last for months until i lose power or something. its consistent in that you will probably have multiple kernel panics and jailbreak failed messages before you get it to work. karo218 seems to do the trick

godreborn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it didn't repopulate the addcont.db, but maybe it's the way I have it set up. this is the way it looked originally:

1635375596115.png

I've just reinstalled everything:

1635375492666.png

Reactions: KiiWii
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: There's even a TV series.