ROM Hack Discussion AI somnium files 1080p docked mod? Or better AA?

orangpelupa

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Anyone have played around with AI somnium files' files?

Any idea how to lock it to 1080p or change the AA?

The game looks too rough on 1080p TV. Can't imagine how it'll look on 4K TV.

Looks sweet on switch's screen tho.

masagrator

The patches guy
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
This game can drop to 20 FPS in some cases even with handheld OCed to dock clocks. 1080p may be too much.

Iirc this game is made with Unity, so changing resolution is not that easy. But AA may be done easier by changing globalgamemanager Qualitysetting.

Reactions: orangpelupa

orangpelupa

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
This game can drop to 20 FPS in some cases even with handheld OCed to dock clocks. 1080p may be too much.

Iirc this game is made with Unity, so changing resolution is not that easy. But AA may be done easier by changing globalgamemanager Qualitysetting.

Yeah the framerate already bad enough as is hahaha. Fortunately the game doesn't really need high fps to enjoy.

BTW the AA setting,
That's thru exefs or romfs?

orangpelupa

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
romfs/Data/globalgamemanager (without extension)

i can't find QualitySettings on that file, i do find it in global-metadata.dat and globalgamemanagers.asset (with extension) tho. On globalgamemanagers (without extension) i found a bunch of strings for FXAA.

but i'm stuck at figuring out what to edit and what to input hahaha. Googling around for 15 minutes didnt help me. I'll google around again.

EDIT: yay! i think i found the options. Gonna do some test later after work.

Last edited by orangpelupa,

orangpelupa

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
i can't find QualitySettings on that file, i do find it in global-metadata.dat and globalgamemanagers.asset (with extension) tho. On globalgamemanagers (without extension) i found a bunch of strings for FXAA.

but i'm stuck at figuring out what to edit and what to input hahaha. Googling around for 15 minutes didnt help me. I'll google around again.

EDIT: yay! i think i found the options. Gonna do some test later after work.

Bummer. I though I found it but it didn't work.

Using unity asset explorer I can open globalgamemanagers and change a bunch of stuff

Lights and shadows can be changed and applied. Background color can be changed and applied.

But resolution despite already chabged to 3840 and 2160, it stays the same in the game

As for anti aliasing, there were a bunch (smaa, fxaa, taa, msaa) but I have no idea what to change hahaha

orangpelupa

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Anyone have any idea how to change the render resolution?

4xMSAA graphics mod still not enough to completely smoothen the black edges on the 3d models

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/d9wnSq_aP-0?si=T9bdloMD2dGzvnbf