Hacking After SX Core install, my Switch doesn't start.

s2m

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Where exactly to check?
Where you soldered before - capacitor sp1 and sp2. Also check if you haven't scratched off any of traces around cpu shield when you were removing it.
At my V2 mod capacitors multi-meter was showing 16 and 20 ohms. Also when you were removing nand, did shield fell off? If yes, check if it's flat and not having any contact with components underneath it.

Last edited by s2m,

izy

Advanced Tech Pleb
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
considering this can you take a picture of your caps right of the ram chips

TGNHja2.png

OliwierGL

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Where you soldered before - capacitor sp1 and sp2. Also check if you haven't scratched off any of traces around cpu shield when you were removing it.
At my V2 mod capacitors multi-meter was showing 16 and 20 ohms. Also when you were removing nand, did shield fell off? If yes, check if it's flat and not having any contact with components underneath it.
I checked SP1 and SP2, they work

Mr_Twii

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Lithuania
Hi All, Could caps on points SP1 and SP2 prevent switch being able to read microsd card? ( tryed bunch of it, even boght official sandisk 128GB for switch). after sx core instal i had booted to sx boot menu (once booted to CFW) tryed make nand back up lots of times (failed),tryed diferent sd cards and formats till all i get when turn on switch is missing boot.dat, cant read sd no more... tryed other sd card slot (replaced) no luck. connector looks ok... so i removed sc core (soldered flex still sits on cpu removed just a chip) and now using OFW to play games i have on cartridges. When pluging in sd card i get error Cant access SD card.. Maybe there is some IC responsible for sdcard etc...

Last edited by Mr_Twii,

toastytwo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hi All, Could caps on points SP1 and SP2 prevent switch being able to read microsd card? ( tryed bunch of it, even boght official sandisk 128GB for switch). after sx core instal i had booted to sx boot menu (once booted to CFW) tryed make nand back up lots of times (failed),tryed diferent sd cards and formats till all i get when turn on switch is missing boot.dat, cant read sd no more... tryed other sd card slot (replaced) no luck. connector looks ok... so i removed sc core (soldered flex still sits on cpu removed just a chip) and now using OFW to play games i have on cartridges. When pluging in sd card i get error Cant access SD card.. Maybe there is some IC responsible for sdcard etc...

Try AOMEI Partition Tool and format the card fat32, did the trick for me! :)

Reactions: Mr_Twii

realtimesave

///AMG
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, on my Mariko I get the following readings:
SP1 = 23.6 ohms, SP2 = 19.6 ohms

Are these readings normal and/or good?

Mine takes 40 seconds to start up every time. Does anyone know how to fix it? It used to boot up in 2 seconds or less. After I updated to 10.2.0, it started doing that so I re-soldered the solder points. The system still works fine but just takes a long time to boot up.

Thanks

edit: just now, I did a clean up in the SX OS and re-flashed the SX Core v1.3, now it takes over 1.5 minutes to start up. That should settle down to a 40 seconds again after 10 boot ups I believe.

Last edited by realtimesave,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I hate these DIY furniture kits so bad