Hacking Advice for buying a new flashcart.

imyourxpan

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I currently own a DSLink and I was pretty happy with it, but as more games have been released, less games seem to work. I want to buy a new flash cart and my 1st question is what's better? Slot-1 or Slot-2? I understand that Slot-2 can run GBA games, but is the NDS compatibility better than slot-1?

Considering that, what would be the best buy?

I want it to use a MicroSD card, fit flush, 100% or nearly 100% compatibility, and a price range of 40-60(usd).
DS Download Play isn't necessary, bit it would be nice if it worked.

I already have a MicroSD card, but should I upgrade to a faster one? I currently have a SanDisk MicroSD card, I don't know the speed or anything, but it's 1gb. (I bought it off of a friend, along with the DSLink)

I like to thank everyone in advance for helping me out.

-Peter

sonicwind

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you really want to replace the dslink you can get an R4/M3 simply or wait for the EZ5 with the slot 2 card so you can play gba and nds and do it all
tongue.gif
Or if you want to keep using the dslink you could go for an m3 simply or EZ4 lite deluxe if your using a ds lite.

skullstatue

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a G6 and I am extremely happy with it. The only bad thing I could ever say is it's low homebrew compatibility but this issue no longer exists due to the new DLDI interface. I have never had a ROM that wouldn't run on my G6 lite, sure sometimes I had to disable DoFAT and Software Reset but I'm still happy with my purchase. The GBA compatibility is also very good, I have found about two games that wouldn't run correctly (sonic genesis seemed slow, don't know if it's like that on the original cart.) If I were you I would probably wait for the Slot-1 G6 though.

imyourxpan

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Thank you so much you guys, this really helps me decide on what to get. I was going towards the M3 DS Simply. Now i'm interested in the EZ5 and G6 slot-1. I thought you couldn't use MicroSD with the G6? Thank you so much

skullstatue

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No you can't use microSD with the G6, I'm really sorry. I didn't read all of your post
frown.gif
It's 512MB of fixed memory!!! Sorry!

2cb2ct7

Trophies
XP
Country
I'd have to recommend the R4DS. I also have a G6 Lite which is great for DS but definitely not worth the price for the GBA functionality. The G6 Lite GBA menus suck and the loading times are pretty damn slow.

If you want an excellent (and cheap) flashcart, already own a microsd and aren't too interested in playing GBA roms then I definitely recommend the R4DS!

4saken

Retired Ace Attorney
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
No you can't use microSD with the G6, I'm really sorry. I didn't read all of your post
frown.gif

The G6DS (slot 1 - currently not released) is 16mbits internal memory, which is equivalent to 2 gigabytes, so it would probably be cheaper (?) than a 2 gig micro SD + *any other slot1*

imyourxpan

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
frown.gif

The G6DS (slot 1 - currently not released) is 16mbits internal memory, which is equivalent to 2 gigabytes, so it would probably be cheaper (?) than a 2 gig micro SD + *any other slot1*

Hmmm...now i'm stuck between the G6 and M3 DS Simply...

Thank You everyone...again
yaynds.gif

imyourxpan

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

4saken

Retired Ace Attorney
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
lol great, I was so close to purchasing the M3 DS Simply. Hmmm, when will the M3 Real come out?

Well the G6DS and M3Real are supposedly coming soon (I read somewhere G6DS would be coming out by Chinese New Year, however it is not unlikely), but I guess if you can't wait that long, you would still be safe with an M3SDS or R4

imyourxpan

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
hmmm, what's the big difference between the Real and Simply? I mean i've been reading good feedback on the simply with game compatibility. Could it be the option of playing GBA Games? I read a rumor about it somewhere, forgot where though..

tama_mog

Kupo
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
hmmm, what's the big difference between the Real and Simply? I mean i've been reading good feedback on the simply with game compatibility. Could it be the option of playing GBA Games? I read a rumor about it somewhere, forgot where though..

No ones knows for certain, all the m3 team has released is that REAL will fully be 100% identical to playing with a regular DS cart and an addition of a RAM pack if I'm not mistaken.....so this could mean GBA games but everything is speculation until the product is finally released. For what it's worth, the simply does a perfect job already other than Castlevania POR I'd say.

Smuff

Fossilized Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
I gotta throw my hat into the ring and recommend the R4DS.
I'm an EZFlash4Lite user (not got into slot-1s yet), but I recently got an R4 for a friend and I gotta say I was well impressed with it!
I want one myself now........

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Sicklyboy, not that bad ig