Hardware Advance MAP connection for GBA

JimB

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recently ordered and received the EZ writer adapter and cable for GBA cartage connection to my PC. I was able
to load the driver and get the green light on the adapter, but I can not find the ROM to load with Advance MAP program. This is for my son who would like to modify his GBA Pokemon sapphire. Should the Pokemon sapphire cartage work in this adapter or do I need a different cartage? I though the cartage would show up as a Flash drive in “My Computer”.
My PC is running XP. Your help would be appreciated.
Jim

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
When you say you have an EZ writer do you mean this:
ezfa-redbox.jpg

or this:
ezfflash-ps-01.jpg

If it is the latter I can help (I do not know much about the former). You will need to dump the rom (most will probably download them but they are just as easy to dump). Insert the cart and fire up the EZClient application
ezclient_01_th.jpg

From here insert the pokemon cart if you have not already, it will come up as non-EZcart or something very similar.
Now just hit the read rom button and choose where you want it to go. It will probably take about a minute and a half and there should be a progress bar.

For the record if you have not found the US forums for the cart they are over at:
http://ezflash.sosuke.com/
They have the latest drivers and program (3.26, in the downloads forum).

Also it is good to see rom hackers starting early but while the app is good I will say pokemon is one of the hardest to hack so beware of falling debris.

JimB

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for your fast reply!
I do have the latter but without the EZ-Cart.
It looks like my problem is with the EZ Client 3.26 program.
I went to the site that you recommended (http://ezflash.sosuke.com/) but I had a problem downloading EZ Client 3.26.
Can you point me in the right direction so I can get the proper version?
Thanks!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill