Hacking Adrenaline filters cause slowdown on PSTV while they don't cause it on the handheld Vita.

Paraxamos

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hey,

I own both a handheld Vita on which I regularly use the sharp Bilinear filter for PSP games and it doesn't cause any slowdown at all. However, I recently tried the same on my Playstation TV but every filter (even sharp Bilinear without scanlines) other than "original" causes slowdown, even in the XMB.

I even tried downgrading to Adrenaline 6.7, which is the FW my handheld Vita is on, but it didn't make a difference.

Is this normal? If so, then why does it only happen on the Playstation TV and not the Vita?

Thank you!

Edit: For anyone whoever comes across this, I have found a solution. Put your PSTV into 480/720P. It seems the scaling causes issues and in 480/720p it works.

Last edited by Paraxamos,

yeshuachrist

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its normal ......... "original no filters for psp on pstv to fix slowdown" ................. original filters on psx don't seem to fix anything, some games are just choppy, like colony wars, or anything with a lot of fast moving 3d models.
There was a version of adrenaline with 444mhz option released a long time ago, too outdate to care about, but. The pstv upscales, the simple answer is, maybe its not rendered at less than or equal to the handheld's 1x resolution, whats considered 1x.
some overclocking programs work with adrenaline, I been spoiled with "oclockvitaminimal" (because it fixed crashing on "the lost child", other overclocking programs caused including "lolicon").
(sony didn't optimize the device as it should, of bee, because, of the laborous language added to the handheld, that makes the vita serve as a video output device for the ps3/ps4 or controller) (they took shortcuts)

Paraxamos

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Thank you, then I will go ahead and try oclockvitaminimal and see if that makes a difference.

Edit: Ah well, sadly it didn't. Then I will simply have to live without filters on the PSTV. What a bummer.

dragonz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you, then I will go ahead and try oclockvitaminimal and see if that makes a difference.

Edit: Ah well, sadly it didn't. Then I will simply have to live without filters on the PSTV. What a bummer.

I own a vita and use LOL icon for overclocking- I was playing Crisis core in adrenaline with filters,
and never had a single slow down moment. - Is this what you are talking about? Or are you using some other filter app on top of the live area or wherever?

yeshuachrist

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Try the "M33 Driver" (press select to bring up VSH menu and change) ................ tested, panning, just spinning the camera around. There a more notable difference in performance with the "Inferno Driver", and "original" versus, "AAA" or other filters.

(using the "sony" driver, there is less to no slowdown, versus using the original filter at the "bilinear" filter ................ aaa filter performs less)

(was going to try"forcelang", trying to set language to another region for adrenaline, for that app only, won't do anything but if there was a flag check then..........)

(adrenaline works great for the games is supports at full speed .................)

Last edited by yeshuachrist,

Paraxamos

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Thanks for the additional reply. Sadly, at least in my case, there was no considerable difference. The frames pretty dropped pretty drastically.

Edit: For anyone whoever comes across this, I have found a solution. Put your PSTV into 480P. It seems the scaling causes issues and in 480p it works.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_NTF5_qgH0o