cots

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Due to the moderation not being neutral (regarding the politics section) and then blatant hate shown towards the USA, our leadership and our way of life, I can no longer, in good faith participate on this site. If you're looking for any of my previous hosted guides and/or utilities, you won't find them here. Adios!

Reactions: Kioku

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have not been in every politics section thread lately (usually click through most of them* and given none were cited here as egregious examples) and can't say I normally go in for the pity threads (to say nothing of most people that make them tending to be right back).
That said I see people of all political stripes making the threads they care to make (stupid titles and framing their chosen way too rather than anything resembling neutral assessments of things if that is their desire), in those threads and others making the posts they care to make and things short of spam and threats (something all but absent in my viewing) being left alone. Didn't see any warnings issued or threats of such censure if people did not tow a party line or political stripe. If it is the moderators themselves having their own views and debating people then that is allowed -- moderators are normal users with a broom and all that.

*to be fair I have not clicked on the recent immigration one yet. Given the truly bizarre goings on there of late, and some of the things building up over the last year, I was expecting some fun there and wanted to learn some things first. Again though I would expect a citation of the bad stuff.

As far as "blatant hate shown towards the USA, our leadership and our way of life" then I am not sure where that one appeared from. Plenty of people are prepared to criticise the US considerably (and there is plenty to do so over, same as everywhere). Historically this has not gone over that well with those that grew up under the US system and seem to believe in some kind of superiority of the US, seem to have an almost religious zeal for the setup, and think that everybody wants to live there if given even half a chance. Certainly some seem to lack a bit of nuance these days but "be the bigger man" and all that. That said I am not sure the US has a particularly coherent notion of itself, a coherent leadership to attack (between state level, national level, splits at all levels and the general fun and games associated with all of it at present) or a way of life that is universal (I have been all over the place there and most of it varies dramatically) that has been attacked as a whole or adds up to an attack as a whole -- one or more may well have been questioned heartily but hey, also nothing is above criticism.

About as close to dubious moderation as I have seen is when people making the thread ask for its closure having decided for them it ran its course -- arguments for and against the options to do that from where I sit but as most such things were closed less with "stop this now" and more "feel free to make another thread on the same matter if you are so inclined" then so be it.

That said I have seen claims of bias every which way which probably means something is being done right.

Reactions: Megadriver94

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
How dare you have an opinion on life. What with your thought out posts and arguments. You're an awful person!

In all seriousness, I hope you can find some solace somewhere. There's an obvious bias around here and it's becoming a bit blinding. Don't take it too hard.

Mollycule

Add me on osu~
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So?

America is provoking needless violence across the globe, so is the United Kingdom, where I am from.

I condemn both countries' actions, nobody is attacking America just for the sake of it, America has done bad shit and there are many here who read up on what the media will not make public.

No action without reaction bro.

p1ngpong

Gamer Professional Deluxe
Supervisor
Trophies
Website
imgur.com
XP
Country
Croatia
Due to the moderation not being neutral (regarding the politics section) and then blatant hate shown towards the USA, our leadership and our way of life, I can no longer, in good faith participate on this site. If you're looking for any of my previous hosted guides and/or utilities, you won't find them here. Adios!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, People who create revival services for the Wii end up in disaster, same goes for Pretendo lol.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, atleast wiimmfii went fine although people only use it for Mario kart Wii
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    At least if they ban you for cheating, get another Wii. They're cheap as chips.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Remember when RiiShop was a thing?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    not really
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It got shutdown because somebody "accidentally" leaked the database for the amount of people using the beta.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    RiiShop is the laziest way of downloading Wii games. Did somebody not think of this through?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    although i ended up accidentally changing my nand with no way of going back bc i didn't know you needed a gamecube controller to restore it (i have a wii minus/1.1, which doesn't have gamecube controller support)
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, I think you're talking about the recovery mode that the SaveMii used, and also was to restore softbricked systems.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    If your NAND was hardbricked, then just buy another Wii. Or go with the dirty NAND flasher method.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    and if i find the sd card i have my NAND backed up on, i can not only restore the NAND if i solder the right part in, but i can also put my NAND on dolphin, then i can play dolphin online, like PMEX Remix or MKWii Riibalanced
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Brb
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, Oh yeah, that was a thing too. Dolphin does support Wiimmfi.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    yeah you just need to put your NAND backup with wiimmfi on it
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ngl i feel like if a bunch of my friends have wiis and know how to get wiimmfi and back up their NAND, then we could do a PMEX Remix tournament
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    maybe even add UMVC3/DBFZ and make it a biathlon/triathlon
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Too bad Excite Truck wasn't multi player :(
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Loved that game lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, sorry for the stupid suggestion I had in that thread
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its fine
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    what thread?
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxR2jow50Bs