Adios

Discussion in 'The Edge of the Forum' started by cots, Jul 12, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cots
    OP

cots GBAtemp Maniac

Dec 29, 2014
    United States
    Due to the moderation not being neutral (regarding the politics section) and then blatant hate shown towards the USA, our leadership and our way of life, I can no longer, in good faith participate on this site. If you're looking for any of my previous hosted guides and/or utilities, you won't find them here. Adios!

Memoir likes this.
  2. Veho

Veho The man who cried "Ni".

Former Staff
    Apr 4, 2006
    Croatia
    Zagreb

Scarlet likes this.
  3. Hells Malice

Hells Malice Are you a bully?

GBAtemp Patron
    Hells Malice is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Apr 9, 2009
    Canada
    Wow there is a god

invaderyoyo, Flame, VinsCool and 2 others like this.
  4. linuxares

linuxares I'm not a generous god!

Aug 5, 2007
    Sweden
    Uhm whats happening?

Also "moderation not being neutral". There is no such thing as a neutral moderator. We keep up the rules, that's all.

5. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    United Kingdom
    I have not been in every politics section thread lately (usually click through most of them* and given none were cited here as egregious examples) and can't say I normally go in for the pity threads (to say nothing of most people that make them tending to be right back).
    That said I see people of all political stripes making the threads they care to make (stupid titles and framing their chosen way too rather than anything resembling neutral assessments of things if that is their desire), in those threads and others making the posts they care to make and things short of spam and threats (something all but absent in my viewing) being left alone. Didn't see any warnings issued or threats of such censure if people did not tow a party line or political stripe. If it is the moderators themselves having their own views and debating people then that is allowed -- moderators are normal users with a broom and all that.

*to be fair I have not clicked on the recent immigration one yet. Given the truly bizarre goings on there of late, and some of the things building up over the last year, I was expecting some fun there and wanted to learn some things first. Again though I would expect a citation of the bad stuff.

As far as "blatant hate shown towards the USA, our leadership and our way of life" then I am not sure where that one appeared from. Plenty of people are prepared to criticise the US considerably (and there is plenty to do so over, same as everywhere). Historically this has not gone over that well with those that grew up under the US system and seem to believe in some kind of superiority of the US, seem to have an almost religious zeal for the setup, and think that everybody wants to live there if given even half a chance. Certainly some seem to lack a bit of nuance these days but "be the bigger man" and all that. That said I am not sure the US has a particularly coherent notion of itself, a coherent leadership to attack (between state level, national level, splits at all levels and the general fun and games associated with all of it at present) or a way of life that is universal (I have been all over the place there and most of it varies dramatically) that has been attacked as a whole or adds up to an attack as a whole -- one or more may well have been questioned heartily but hey, also nothing is above criticism.

About as close to dubious moderation as I have seen is when people making the thread ask for its closure having decided for them it ran its course -- arguments for and against the options to do that from where I sit but as most such things were closed less with "stop this now" and more "feel free to make another thread on the same matter if you are so inclined" then so be it.

That said I have seen claims of bias every which way which probably means something is being done right.

Megadriver94 likes this.
  6. NoNAND

NoNAND The missing chip

Aug 22, 2015
    Antarctica
    I want some popcorn please

7. jimmyj

jimmyj Official founder of altariaism. Copyright jimmyj

May 26, 2017
    United Kingdom
    Hyrule
    see you tomorrow!

slaphappygamer likes this.
  8. chrisrlink

chrisrlink Intel Pentium III Hamster inside

Aug 27, 2009
    United States
    inside your crappy old PC
    thank *bleep*ing god...he always posted stuff that offended everyone/didn't make sense or both

Last edited by chrisrlink, Jul 12, 2019
    AmandaRose likes this.
  9. VinsCool

VinsCool Cattus Incerta Tacitusque

GBAtemp Patron
    VinsCool is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jan 7, 2014
    Canada
    Another World
    Well goodbye.
    I know you enjoyed making threads not to discuss but to get as many people as you could to agree with you, but such is life.

Megadriver94 and AmandaRose like this.
  10. grey72

grey72 #72

Jul 5, 2018
    Antarctica
    About Here-ish
    So close to hitting lv9 too

11. Glyptofane

Glyptofane Death Dealer

Feb 12, 2009
    United States
    Ah, man. You have to try to not take all that shit too personally. I'm going to miss your voice of reason, bro.

Megadriver94 likes this.
  12. Flame

Flame Me > You

GBAtemp Patron
    Flame is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 15, 2008
    PLEASE COME BACK.

NoNAND and H1B1Esquire like this.
  13. Memoir

Memoir Hi, I'm Cynical!

Jun 24, 2007
    United States
    In the Murderbox!
    How dare you have an opinion on life. What with your thought out posts and arguments. You're an awful person!

In all seriousness, I hope you can find some solace somewhere. There's an obvious bias around here and it's becoming a bit blinding. Don't take it too hard.

14. Gon Freecss

Gon Freecss Telegram Advocate

Nov 14, 2013
    Venezuela
    Venezuela
    Haters gonna hate, don't mind them. God Bless America!

15. Elemi

Elemi Cute and wholesome~

Feb 29, 2012
    United Kingdom
    L o c a t e d
    So?

America is provoking needless violence across the globe, so is the United Kingdom, where I am from.

I condemn both countries' actions, nobody is attacking America just for the sake of it, America has done bad shit and there are many here who read up on what the media will not make public.

No action without reaction bro.

Megadriver94 and AmandaRose like this.
  16. p1ngpong

p1ngpong Anti Switch Owners

Former Staff
    Apr 18, 2008
    Croatia
    DS Scene

17. BORTZ

BORTZ The Amazing

Supervisor
    GBAtemp Patron
    BORTZ is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Dec 2, 2007
    United States
    Pittsburgh
    Peace bro, see you when you get back. Hope you get all the attention you wanted with your attention thread.

Tiger21820, NoNAND, WeedZ and 4 others like this.