• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 1,288
  • Replies 10
  • Likes 1
D

Deleted User

OP
That way others know your age but one does not need to reveal any potentially identifying information publicly. Even having the year on it's own would be better than the current option which forces you to include the month and day.

Reactions: Young_Pyromancer

Uiaad

GBAtemp's resident guinea pig
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
real, fake what do you think anyone can really do with a username and dob. even if i had your real name and DOB there still isn't much you could do with it. If you wanna run around and be paranoid go a head but your much more likely to have your identity stolen in a data breach from facebook or amazon than here at GBAtemp

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Your full birth date is not viewable by the public only your age inputting it here is probably more secure than facebook
Yes it is if you did not change any settings.

yes it is.png

Reactions: Deleted User

Young_Pyromancer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
real, fake what do you think anyone can really do with a username and dob. even if i had your real name and DOB there still isn't much you could do with it. If you wanna run around and be paranoid go a head but your much more likely to have your identity stolen in a data breach from facebook or amazon than here at GBAtemp
well, i could describe various malicious things you could do with seemingly anonymous or little information, but i doubt that will help anyone.
instead, i'd recommend watching some videos by Computerphile and minutephysics on youtube, which explain such attacks better than i ever could.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
@Tom Bombadildo oh noes are you going to come haxor me now ? lol pretty sure i made a post about my birthday at some point in the last 11 years anyway which give away the same info so *shrug*
Congratulations, we're all very proud of you :rolleyes:

I was simply correcting your inaccurate answer.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr