Hardware Add +1 to the 3DS death count shall we?

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Devin, will you send it in to them?

Eh. I mean I there's nothing else I could do with this brick really. However I heard the shipping cost to China is expensive so I most likely won't unless they cover it. I haven't touched the 3DS, SD card, and GW3DS so everything was exactly how it was when I bricked. I'm interested to see if they'll offer to front the cost of the 3DS XL ($200 USD), send me a new one, offer to fix it, or blame user error. We'll just have to see.

BMinkie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sup. So I decided since my internet was out and it still is. (I'm leeching off a friend's internet on one bar but it'll suffice for my needs.) That I would play a 3DS game using my GW3DS on my 4.5 3DS XL system. Having known about the bricks I was very cautious. I used the R4 included with the GW3DS kit to install the DS exploit and used the download I had downloaded previously from the Gateway website for firmware 2.0b. I've already MD5 checked them to be legitimate and not edited in any way possible. So going onward I booted into GW3DS mode or tried to I should say. Each time I tried it would give me a black screen and on the third try I decided to give up on playing. Turning on the system once more resulted in a blue screen.

I'm no novice when it comes to 3DS flashcart and I'm in no way shape or form trying to fuel hatred. I just wanted to let other people know that my personal 3DS XL system bricked. Even though I was extremely cautious so that it wouldn't. I plan on emailing the GW3DS team to attempt to help them determine the cause of my brick and also to see if they'll replace my 3DS XL..

It's a shame really. I mean I don't even really play my 3DS XL that often to warrant me being pissed. I'm mostly eh about it since I do own a legit 3DS system on 7.0 for my needs but I would like to see how the GW3DS team handles this. Questions?

have you ever used a clone on that 3ds or modfied firmware or launcher in the past?

Saturosias

thank
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

On the bright side, if you send them picture proof, we know what your left hand looks like.

2013-07-21-101700_zps211fb9b4.jpg

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Eh. I mean I there's nothing else I could do with this brick really. However I heard the shipping cost to China is expensive so I most likely won't unless they cover it. I haven't touched the 3DS, SD card, and GW3DS so everything was exactly how it was when I bricked. I'm interested to see if they'll offer to front the cost of the 3DS XL ($200 USD), send me a new one, offer to fix it, or blame user error. We'll just have to see.

I've heard so very different shipping prices lately. some claim it's around $20, some say it's $50, some even say it's $100 (which I HIGHLY doubt). Super safe shipping for a huge 15 vinyl LP box I think had $60 shipping from the US to Sweden....
I'd just be interested in hearing what would happen. And you're supposed to contact the gateway vendor you got the card from right?

Niklas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sup. So I decided since my internet was out and it still is. (I'm leeching off a friend's internet on one bar but it'll suffice for my needs.) That I would play a 3DS game using my GW3DS on my 4.5 3DS XL system. Having known about the bricks I was very cautious. I used the R4 included with the GW3DS kit to install the DS exploit and used the download I had downloaded previously from the Gateway website for firmware 2.0b. I've already MD5 checked them to be legitimate and not edited in any way possible. So going onward I booted into GW3DS mode or tried to I should say. Each time I tried it would give me a black screen and on the third try I decided to give up on playing. Turning on the system once more resulted in a blue screen.

I'm no novice when it comes to 3DS flashcart and I'm in no way shape or form trying to fuel hatred. I just wanted to let other people know that my personal 3DS XL system bricked. Even though I was extremely cautious so that it wouldn't. I plan on emailing the GW3DS team to attempt to help them determine the cause of my brick and also to see if they'll replace my 3DS XL..

It's a shame really. I mean I don't even really play my 3DS XL that often to warrant me being pissed. I'm mostly eh about it since I do own a legit 3DS system on 7.0 for my needs but I would like to see how the GW3DS team handles this. Questions?

Sorry for your loss :-(
From your post I see that you MD5 checked them, can I ask if you MD5 checked them from the SD card again after the brick?
Hopefully your loss will atleast help save alot of other GW users.
I have reverted to 1.2 after reading about Apollo's brick and the confirmation on the brick code from some of the trust worthy sources on this forum.

Your review is actually the reason I bought a Gateway.
Ironcly for the clones it was via the links to reviews on http://www.r4ids.cn/ after reading the review I also read the gateway review and bought the GW.
Since you wrote in the update that they only copy GW I didn't see any reason to buy a copy/paste firmware card.
It's thanks to the information on this forum I also got the information needed to be sure to downgrade in time.
So thanks for the hard work and help you and many others give for free on this forum :-)

Cheers, Niklas

Delta517

Its okay...Im a ninja ;)
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway
Wow, that really sucks! :( I just switched out both mine and my gfs Launcher back to 2.0b1 now hoping they dont brick. For people wondering, its still possible to get 2.0b1 from Gateways server. All you have to do is copy the link for the 2.0b2 and just switch "2.0b2" from the link to "2.0b1" :)

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Excuse my Vita's camera quality. Bricked 3DS XL on the left, unbricked 3DS as well as my GW3DS kit on the right.

http://i.imgur.com/NHHwt2r.jpg

EDIT:

Issac I got my GW3DS directly from the GW3DS team so I'll have to chat with them about it. As for having used a modified launcher before on my 3DS I have. Tis how I reviewed the R4i Gold Deluxe. However after the review I went back to stock GW3DS. Which worked perfectly until this brick.

Ryukouki

See you later, guys.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Correct me if I am wrong, but didn't Gateway also say that if you're coming over from a clone all you had to do was make sure you downloaded the right files off of their website?

Saxer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Correct me if I am wrong, but didn't Gateway also say that if you're coming over from a clone all you had to do was make sure you downloaded the right files off of their website?

You are right, there is this info in the main GW site:

"In fact, you do not need to worry as long as you have the proper Launcher.dat on your SD card.
Just please make sure you download the latest release bundle (today Beta 2.0b2) from our web site, and copy the official Launcher.dat to your 3DS SD [...]"

Master X

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They also said that only clone users have a chance of getting bricked... And he did use the 3DS to review some clone cards...

So, according to their earlier statement, nothing wrong has occured. The bricking code is working just fine, and is only affecting people who have used clones.

Ryukouki

See you later, guys.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They also said that only clone users have a chance of getting bricked... And he did use the 3DS to review some clone cards...

So, according to their earlier statement, nothing wrong has occured. The bricking code is working just fine, and is only affecting people who have used clones.

Their most recent one states that it's okay to come back from clones, and then remedy it by using the latest launcher files though.

Snailface

My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing
Trophies
Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
XP

The bricking code shouldn't stay resident in memory. If you switch to gateway from a clone, and it bricks, its the gateway's fault.

Master X

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Exactly!

They are lying.

First they said "Only clone users will be affected!". Now they are saying "Clone users won't be affected, as long as you switch over to us!"

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-