Hacking Action Replay does not work on Pokemon B/W 2? R4 card.

eggmasta

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey everyone. I am having a problem with my R4 flash cart. I am able to get pokemon black and white 2 running by changing the in game reset option to off. Experience seems to be there as well. The one thing that is not working however is that I cannot add action replay codes to the game. I know how to add codes for games, by editing the .dat cheat files, and it has been working with other games.

But with pokemon black and white 2, I cannot use any action replay codes. When I try to access the list of available codes, it cannot find any. Anyone have any similar problems?

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
First, back up your microSD card and reformat with this program
http://filetrip.net/...ows-f27344.html
Using these settings.
FORMAT TYPE : FULL (OverWrite)FORMAT SIZE ADJUSTMENT : ON

Then update to the latest Wood R4. You can also update using the Wifi update in the Tools part of start menu.

Also make sure you have a clean rom.

eggmasta

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have the ROM ID, and I have used the tool to get the rom ID from a given rom. Could it be that the rom I had has been patched? I know alot of roms circulating have had a glitch where you do not gain experience points.

Vulpes Abnocto

Not Dead Yet
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have the ROM ID, and I have used the tool to get the rom ID from a given rom. Could it be that the rom I had has been patched? I know alot of roms circulating have had a glitch where you do not gain experience points.

That's not a 'glitch'. That's the anti-piracy measure.

Reactions: 2 people

eggmasta

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Forgive my noobishness, but to does removing that make the games un action-replayable? I do not really see how the two are related if it has been removed.

the_dandy_man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey, sorry to necropost but I have a related question
I've got a rom of Black 2 that work just fine on my R4 card, and recently I tried putting cheat codes on the R4 card for Black 2. I followed the instructions on the R4 website, using the chead editor they provide, and put them on my card correctly. I loaded up Black 2 on my R4, selected the cheats I wanted to use, and started the game, but none of the cheats worked. I double checked and triple checked the codes and game ID, and they all match up. I did the required code activations (some required me to press L and R, others required me to press select) but none of the codes did anything.
I know my R4 card recognizes that the codes are there because they appear in the R4 menu when I select Black 2. They just don't do anything, even though others have said the codes work on their regular Black 2 cartridges when using an action replay.

Does anyone know how to solve this issue?

update: I tried using action replay codes for pokemon platinum and ran into the same issue. I'm beginning to think my R4 card just doesn't like action replay codes

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Yea is pretty good