Action Replay does not work on Pokemon B/W 2? R4 card.

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by eggmasta, Oct 13, 2012.

1. eggmasta
    OP

eggmasta Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 10, 2010
    United States
    Hey everyone. I am having a problem with my R4 flash cart. I am able to get pokemon black and white 2 running by changing the in game reset option to off. Experience seems to be there as well. The one thing that is not working however is that I cannot add action replay codes to the game. I know how to add codes for games, by editing the .dat cheat files, and it has been working with other games.

But with pokemon black and white 2, I cannot use any action replay codes. When I try to access the list of available codes, it cannot find any. Anyone have any similar problems?

2. Lilith Valentine

Lilith Valentine GBATemp's Wolf-husky™ Are you on the square?

Sep 13, 2009
    Antarctica
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    First, back up your microSD card and reformat with this program
    http://filetrip.net/...ows-f27344.html
    Using these settings.
    FORMAT TYPE : FULL (OverWrite)FORMAT SIZE ADJUSTMENT : ON

Then update to the latest Wood R4. You can also update using the Wifi update in the Tools part of start menu.

Also make sure you have a clean rom.

3. DaggerV

DaggerV Archmagi of the Emerald Moon

Dec 3, 2009
    United States
    Have the rom ID right?

4. eggmasta
    OP

eggmasta Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 10, 2010
    United States
    I have the ROM ID, and I have used the tool to get the rom ID from a given rom. Could it be that the rom I had has been patched? I know alot of roms circulating have had a glitch where you do not gain experience points.

5. Vulpes Abnocto

Vulpes Abnocto Drinks, Knows Things

Former Staff
    Jun 24, 2008
    United States
    That's not a 'glitch'. That's the anti-piracy measure.

2 people like this.
  6. eggmasta
    OP

eggmasta Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 10, 2010
    United States
    Forgive my noobishness, but to does removing that make the games un action-replayable? I do not really see how the two are related if it has been removed.

7. Rydian

Rydian Resident Furvert™

Feb 4, 2010
    United States
    Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    Not directly, no.

However when people try to hack the AP out of a game, they'll often be overzealous (or do it wrong) and end up modifying the game to the point that the game is unrecognized so the codes don't load or work.

8. the_dandy_man

the_dandy_man Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 15, 2013
    United States
    Huntsville, Alabama
    hey, sorry to necropost but I have a related question
    I've got a rom of Black 2 that work just fine on my R4 card, and recently I tried putting cheat codes on the R4 card for Black 2. I followed the instructions on the R4 website, using the chead editor they provide, and put them on my card correctly. I loaded up Black 2 on my R4, selected the cheats I wanted to use, and started the game, but none of the cheats worked. I double checked and triple checked the codes and game ID, and they all match up. I did the required code activations (some required me to press L and R, others required me to press select) but none of the codes did anything.
    I know my R4 card recognizes that the codes are there because they appear in the R4 menu when I select Black 2. They just don't do anything, even though others have said the codes work on their regular Black 2 cartridges when using an action replay.

Does anyone know how to solve this issue?

update: I tried using action replay codes for pokemon platinum and ran into the same issue. I'm beginning to think my R4 card just doesn't like action replay codes

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice