ActiBliz Boss Confirms DJ Hero

Rock Raiyu

Clock Up
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As a parting question, one of the reports asks how ActiBliz is handling the changing demands of the consumers and how they cope with trying to deliver more creative games. Kotick's answer:

QUOTE said:
We have this product called DJ Hero coming out later this year which is a turntable that you can actually play competitively, spin discs, and mix songs on. This physical interface is definitely starting to have a real impact on the consumer. Online is creating a much more social experience than videogames have had before. You're continuing to see lots of innovation that's adding lots of new audiences.

News Source: Yahoo

R2DJ

Trophies
XP
Country
Either it will be like:

1) Guitar Hero - will be really popular and will have endless sequels and spin-offs e.g DJ Hero: Basshunter or something

OR

2) Wii Music - it will suck because of the bland gameplay and such but it will sell a lot because it will carry GH's tail to fame.

But we'll see...

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
... Right, I'll just go and play Guitar Hero now. This doesn't appeal to me at all. Let's hope the Guitar Hero or *insert name here* Hero keeps selling well, but I hope the games won't start sucking all of a sudden because they want to sell it too badly.

Sstew

GBAtemp's Grim Reaper.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
... Sweet, i can save my money on something. I dont see my self playing this at all.
Im more into Heavy Metal, then the Techno/Hip-Hop/Crap.. I mean Rap that will be on this im sure.

Come on GH: Metallica!
although I prefer RB2, Metallica is too amazing to pass up.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sounds really tedious and the "dance" music evolved would probably be the trashy stuff.

DJ Hero: Apex Twin I'd be interested in.

Korudo

Koru Productions
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Great. So first they rip off Guitar Freaks & DrumMania with Guitar Hero and Rock Band, NOW they rip off BEATMANIA?? Are they going to rip off Keyboardmania next? Konami is the only company that can create innovative and original music games without ripping off the ideas of others like these companies do. I love how these companies get acclaim and awards by the typical ignorant American gamer for being "Innovative" Give a me a break, this is a blatant rip off of Beatmania, i hope they get sued for this. Not to mention, it will be really easy just like the other American music games are. Sorry for my rant, this just pisses me off. Granted, Konami fucked up by not bringing their series of music games here and the ones they did bring here, they did not promote properly. HOWEVER, if you are going to blatantly rip off someone else original idea, don't take credit for being innovative, when all you did was steal another companies creation.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rn4vARy44iY