Misc ACNL Won't start all of a sudden?? CRASHES!! - new to 3ds please help

Llameria Grunt

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I already said that I know what the error is if you read my post. I'm just saying that they need to give clearer pictures if they're going to send pictures to anyone who helps them out.
I am getting overwhelmed now... I will be back in a minute. I'm obviously talking to master race hackers and the like while I'm just a disabled ex S/O with basic computer skills... If I can figure out how to get a clearer picture I will do it, but I obviously am using a laptop and web cameras are not for looking at phone and game screens. Now please excuse me while I try to figure this out from the good advice I've been given before I get confused by all of this xD

CheatFreak47

Catgirl Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am getting overwhelmed now... I will be back in a minute. I'm obviously talking to master race hackers and the like while I'm just a disabled ex S/O with basic computer skills... If I can figure out how to get a clearer picture I will do it, but I obviously am using a laptop and web cameras are not for looking at phone and game screens. Now please excuse me while I try to figure this out from the good advice I've been given before I get confused by all of this xD
Just try to relax, you don't need a clearer picture, I know exactly the problem you're having. Basically it boils down to something you changed in your town layout is causing the game to crash, likely due to invalid town layout data. (the game tries to understand your layout and something you changed makes the game halt catastrophically)

To clarify, your game isn't broken, and your 3DS is fine, the problem you are having is JUST broken town save crashing the game.
There's ways to fix it:
- Restore a backup from before you edited the save file (this may involve secure value crap, below I mentioned a solution for mitigating that)
- Delete the save file (obviously this one is a horrible last resort option)
- Figure out what edit you made broke the save file (and change it so it's not broken anymore)

ok I'll try that too. also I'm ust using the thing that came with it save_manager
e_e that's a pretty outdated tool, you should probably using JKSM instead, if you'd like I could explain how to set that up and how it works. (It's basically a more powerful, more fancy save manager, like you have, except it lets you name your backups, have multiple of them at a time, handles the secure value stuff for ya)

Last edited by CheatFreak47,
Reactions: Llameria Grunt

Llameria Grunt

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so far I just got finished with trying to move the house back to where it was and am opening up homebrew... more later :I also I don't feel comfortable trying to do the whole downloading save managers thing on my own so I guess I'm fine for now but thank you :3

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

it worked!!!!!!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: 16 is becoming bare minimum for today's gaymes +1