Gaming ACNH lan mode on different firmware version

ehgame01

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
Hello there.

I have two NS. V1 is on official firmware with version 9.2 and V2 is on custom firmware with version 9.2 with sxos 2.6.4. I'm planning on updating my V1 NS since I need to play online with other friends too.

My question is that with the new official firmware 10.0.0 out, is it possible for V1(firmware 10 with game version 1.1.4) and V2(firmware 9.2 with game version 1.1.4) to connect locally if both have different firmware versions?

Please note that I'm using the official local play method from switch. I'm not using the play-on-lan server setup.

Thanks.

linnusx5

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Yes, I'm doing it right now. My Switch is o CFW 9.2 and my switch lite is on 10.0 and I can visit both islands without any issue. Only the game must be on the same version.

Mythical

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Whichever console that has the latest Animal Crossings update (not system firmware update) will be able to give it to the other console. Then after this is done you usually need to reboot your switch then you can play your AC game together. After I updated I needed to reinstall atmosphere for some reason but it was probably a fluke tbh

ehgame01

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
Thank you very much for the reply~ This means that I can finally update my switch to play with my friends.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: It's mind control Ken the lights combined with subliminal voices