Hacking Acekard2i Loading Issue

StevenBaumann

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Got my replacement card today an guess what this card is broken too. This one shows no ace card Icon in the ds menu and when you boot it up it goes to a white screen. I already checked the acekard site to see if it is legit and it is, i look up some information be before posting here, I I think the white screen that it means that it is bricked? Is there a way to fix this or do I have to RMA again on this?

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
if it doesn't show an icon it has one of two problems. either the bootloader was never flashed/it is corrupted or it has a contact issue.

without a working bootloader (icon) you can never boot it, so you'll never know of its working or not. during beta testing i corrupted a 2.1 bootloader and it appeared as having no icon. when i tried to boot it, it went straight to a white screen. however, with the 2i, i could easily be a contact issue causing the problem, as i've has my 2i units show up as no icon, then i reinsert them a few times and everything works great.

sadly, the ak2i is plagued with contact issues. akaio is a great kernel and it makes dealing with the issues worth it. try messing around with it and see if you can get it to make contact. even if it does it for only a second, you'll know the issue is probably with the contacts and not with the card.

-another world

StevenBaumann

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The DS will launch it, It sees that the is a ds cart in the slot, but when I try and launch it it go a to a white screen, tried the paper try for a bit and it seems to be not helping, makes me think that what you said about the bootloader never being flashed is correct.

eggsample

punahussy
Trophies
Website
eggsample.pl
XP
Country
Poland
Got my replacement card today an guess what this card is broken too. This one shows no ace card Icon in the ds menu and when you boot it up it goes to a white screen. I already checked the acekard site to see if it is legit and it is, i look up some information be before posting here, I I think the white screen that it means that it is bricked? Is there a way to fix this or do I have to RMA again on this?
Just for clarification. Those icons represents AK2i compatibility.

exploit+ico+9+3ds+4.2.0-9+v2.png

ak2icon.gif
means that the AK2i is compatible with previous DSi OS versions.

StevenBaumann

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure what you mean by that?

I get a completly blank ds program, thinks that it is a game but had no icon or name.

Just saying I have a DS Fat so I shouldn't have any launching problems, for it being to old to know to reject launching it.

StevenBaumann

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After some looking it to it I'm guessing my card is bricked, they say on the site where I got it that they update the firmware for you, but I'm guessing that the messed it up and bricked it. I found the article on the wiki how to fix this, problem is i don't have another flashcard to fix it... Not sure what to do about that buy another one to fix it? any recommendations?

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
you could grab a r4i gold from the .cn team or an r4idsn (from the same team) as both run the wood kernel. you should be able to find one for around $10. you could also get a scds2, if you want to spend more money. those are pretty much the only 3 cards worth recommending right now.

don't forget that you can ask for a replacement or contact zhuzhuchina (as previously mentioned).

its s shame that you are having such a round of bad luck. hopefully you get it sorted this time.

-another world

StevenBaumann

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know I may be reviving a old topic, but i received my R4 card today and this one actually worked, used it to fix one of my ace cards, this has been a long time trying just to get one working card. Order one ended up with 3 in then end....

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :O:rofl2: +1